Divorce In Sikhism

Jassi Kaur

Guest Gupt Singhni
I don't care if I do or don't get married because thats not the purpose of this life. Our goal is to merge with God.

marraige is suppose to help you achieve that goal rolleyes.gif there is a reason guru sahib told sikh to be gristee

I know, I agree with you but if no marriage is arranged because it some how doesn't work out, then I don't mind. I'm not desperate. Whatever Guru Sahib makes happen will happen and I will have to accept that. You can still reach SaachKhand even without marriage. For instance Dr Sukhrinder Singh and Bhai Sahib Rama Singh never wedded but still achieved union with God. I never said I won't get married or will get married. Whatever is written for me will happen.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Guru Nanak proscribed that Sikh's should live the life of a householder, and therefore not to be celibate for the rest of their lives due to a failed marriage.

The Guru has given us the easiest way to live life and to merge with the All-Soul. Yet some people want to make the journey harder for themselves.

What can I say? The world is full of weirdo's.

An additional footnote: I've heard that women who don't have children die earlier due to poor health.????

Any female who would want to throw away the opportunity to experience the miracle of motherhood due to fear of remarriage, has 'a screw loose'.

..and there's nothing wrong in having 'a screw loose' as long as your receiving treatment for it.

:'

Guest Gupt Singhni
I believe Guru Nanak proscribed that Sikh's should live the life of a householder, and therefore not to be celibate for the rest of their lives due to a failed marriage.

The Guru has given us the easiest way to live life and to merge with the All-Soul. Yet some people want to make the journey harder for themselves.

What can I say? The world is full of weirdo's.

An additional footnote: I've heard that women who don't have children die earlier due to poor health.????

Any female who would want to throw away the opportunity to experience the miracle of motherhood due to fear of remarriage, has 'a screw loose'.

..and there's nothing wrong in having 'a screw loose' as long as your receiving treatment for it.

:'

Your replies are very rude and therefore unpersuasive. If we all spoke the way you do we won't get anywhere in life. I mentioned about not remarrying is mainly because I wouldn't want more than one spouse. And if I love Vaheguru then I can surely meet Vaheguru. That doesn't mean I'm in fear if I don’t want to remarry. You can experience the miracle of motherhood if you’re that desperate. And I don't mind having a short life. What ever Vaheguru has written will happen according to his will. We are all different and so have different views – respect people. Just because someone thinks differently from the way you do doesn’t make them a weirdo. Remember that Vaheguru exists in everyone, so you are calling Vaheguru a weirdo as well. Oho !!! :@

You can experience the miracle of motherhood if you’re that desperate.

Alas, this gift God bestowed on Women alone.

...Why call women inferior?, when even the most mightiest king owes his life to a woman...

I mentioned about not remarrying is mainly because I wouldn't want more than one spouse

That's fine. Its up to you if you want your own desires to go ahead of what Sikhism teaches.

Just because someone thinks differently from the way you do doesn’t make them a weirdo.

Not necessarily for all cases.

Remember that Vaheguru exists in everyone, so you are calling Vaheguru a weirdo as well. Oho !!!

Vaheguru existed in Hitler when he was alive, and yet Hitler was a pychopath.

Vaheguru existed in MSK when he was alive, and yet MSK was a moronic terrorist.

rolleyes.gif

Guest Gupt Singhni
I mentioned about not remarrying is mainly because I wouldn't want more than one spouse

That's fine. Its up to you if you want your own desires to go ahead of what Sikhism teaches.

And still no polite reply. Its anti-gurmat to have more than one spouse. Besides if the first marriage never worked out why would I care about remarrying? To be honest, I don't care about marrying, I'm only marrying because Guru Sahib did this and because of my parent’s orders and it helps you get to Vaheguru. Don’t start attacking me just because I don’t care about marrying- it’s the way God made me , so argue with God if you dislike of what I say.

And still no polite reply. Its anti-gurmat to have more than one spouse. Besides if the first marriage never worked out why would I care about remarrying? To be honest, I don't care about marrying, I'm only marrying because Guru Sahib did this and because of my parent’s orders and it helps you get to Vaheguru. Don’t start attacking me just because I don’t care about marrying- it’s the way God made me , so argue with God if you dislike of what I say.

back the views up people :@