Jealousy

Fateh Jee,

I was wondering how do you all cope with jealousy? I am about to start higher education in September meaning i will have to make new friends etc. I know how it goes, where new people arrive and your old friends drift off. I have a brilliant mate at school who has always been there for me. I just know that when i start higher education he will drift off with his new friends and cousins who are going there. I would like to know how to deal with this. Some of the people i know are rubbing it in my face that their actual best mates and that i get the feeling ill be left out.

Many thanks, take care

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

Guest Gupt Singhni

I remember when I started my higher education I was glad I was no longer going to be with my old friends because they always had a negative impact on me since they were Manmukhs. Although I still ended making new friends and avoided socializing with them outside of classes but I ended making a manmukhi friend. I would prefer to be alone because from experience its sometimes better. I don't believe you will be left out if you don't have any friends to be with. Vaheguru Ji is with you and no being can replace that. Whatever Vaheguru Ji makes happen happened for the right and perfect reason. It won't matter if you’re left out if you have naam. But if you are, doesn't that show that they are not really your friends.

Guest AkhaliTaksaliSingh
I remember when I started my higher education I was glad I was no longer going to be with my old friends because they always had a negative impact on me since they were Manmukhs. Although I still ended making new friends and avoided socializing with them outside of classes but I ended making a manmukhi friend. I would prefer to be alone because from experience its sometimes better. I don't believe you will be left out if you don't have any friends to be with. Vaheguru Ji is with you and no being can replace that. Whatever Vaheguru Ji makes happen happened for the right and perfect reason. It won't matter if you're left out if you have naam. But if you are, doesn't that show that they are not really your friends.

How do you know they were?

(moderator's note): Am not starting nothing, its a straight forward question.

:e:

Guest peacemaker
I remember when I started my higher education I was glad I was no longer going to be with my old friends because they always had a negative impact on me since they were Manmukhs. Although I still ended making new friends and avoided socializing with them outside of classes but I ended making a manmukhi friend. I would prefer to be alone because from experience its sometimes better. I don't believe you will be left out if you don't have any friends to be with. Vaheguru Ji is with you and no being can replace that. Whatever Vaheguru Ji makes happen happened for the right and perfect reason. It won't matter if you’re left out if you have naam. But if you are, doesn't that show that they are not really your friends.

I usually call my "friends" by name, you know, Bob, Jake, Gagan, Susan, etc., but since all your friends in the past were manmukhs, did you just refer to them as Manmukh with a big head or Manmukh # 2 with small ears and so forth?

Guest Gupt Singhni

Just because I call them Manmukhs (someone who follows their mind) doesn't mean I hate them. I'm a manmukh too. The reason why I didn't want to be with them because they had such a negative impact on me they really corrupted my mind. From experience I can understand why Gurbani says not to socialize with Manmukhs because it’s terrible how you actually begin to think the way they do. I could never find a decent friend. I've had so many friends and they all seem to have hatred for you inside and will show it to you indirectly and directly. At the beginning they were nice but then after a while they would begin to show what they really thought of you. I've experienced a lot and made myself suffer because of those Manmukhs but when I see them now I still show kindness towards them. I only believe a Gurmukh can be your friend. I know it’s a sad story which is the reason why I'm not going to carry on.

Sorry if I have offended anyone

vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa, vaaheguroo jee kee fateh...

funny that, cuz my frend thinks the same way about me, but i keep tellin him that i aint gonna drift off, cuz i dont want to, that friendship is too good to just 'drift away' from, impossible. But hay, thats what 'I' am going to do if my frend goes to the same palce that i goin to, not everyone feels the same about their best frends...

hope this helped...

vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa, vaaheguroo jee kee fateh

stay in chardikallaa...

Guest Papi
WJKK WJKF

Accept it. Embrace it. And let it pass.

To deny the truth, is to deny life.

WJKK WJKF

how can one let it pass, if one embraces it? :@