White Sikh Marriage

Guest _ANON_

Guest _ANON_

Would a sikh girl not amritdhaari however, be able to get married to white partner in anand karaj, the partner agrees to the ceromny whats involved and the promises you take on but is not himself of any particular religion - he is also not closed to sikhism but does not simply want to say im sikh or convert for the sake of the marriage instead would like to learn more through exposure to the religion over the years - so would anand karaj be allowed?

Guest Gupt Singhni

Good question.

hmm, well shes not amritdhari so it would be the same getting married to a sikh boy who is not amritdhari too. So I guess its exceptable if she marrys someone white.

Both partners should be amritdhari sikhs, if anand kaaraj is to take place.

Read the laava, you are supposed to make god the centre of our lives, you are supposed to japp naam as much as possible with your wife/husband. The first step is to take amrit, where you will be given the gift of naam from panj piayre.

Guest Guest

Anand Karaj only has significance if both individuals are practicising Guru Ka Sikhs. Otherwise there is no point to the ceremony, and you would be better off having a civil marriage, or consider having your wedding at his place of worship (church, etc)

so you can only get married at gurdwara with anand karaj if both amritdhari

i think ive been to loads of weddings where one or both are not amritdhari

i think its better if you actually into sikhi to get married this way if you both truly know what you getting into - much better than people who just do it because thats what they are supposed to or its glamorous - however, if your just doing it for this reason its just as bad.

this is a topic close to my heart pm me if you want

if other non amritdharis are allowed to get married via anand karaj then i cant see the problem, read the lavan and understand them are you both ready for they say etc. dont take lavan just because thats what you see in the films or what other people do - i would have anand karaj (if my gurdwara let me) because i want vahegurus blessings.

probably said loads of wrong stuff and will offend lots of people, apologies in advance if i have

Would a sikh girl not amritdhaari however, be able to get married to white partner in anand karaj, the partner agrees to the ceromny whats involved and the promises you take on but is not himself of any particular religion - he is also not closed to sikhism but does not simply want to say im sikh or convert for the sake of the marriage instead would like to learn more through exposure to the religion over the years - so would anand karaj be allowed?

Person who decides to get married in the hajoori of Sri Guru Granth Sahib has pyar for Guru Ji or is obligated to do so ( being born in a sikh family) for the sake of his/her parents. Either way he/she is blessed. Its upto the couple to decide what path they want to walk on. That being said, an amritdhari should marry an amritdhari.

Some spend their lives loving each other and enjoying worldly pleasures, some waste their lives fighting over petty issues and a chosen few are fortunate enough to understand the true meaning of union of two souls.

Saying that only amritdharis can have anand karaj in Guru Ji's hajoori is nothing but ignorance. One day we'll say if you are not born to amritdhari mom you can never be a sikh. If hindus or muslims or chirstians want to have their marriage solemnnized in the presence of Guru Sahib, so be it :TH: .

Guest Guest

Colour/race of the guy shouldnt be the issue. It is what religion, what ideology what values he has that should be the issue!

If a amritdhari Sikh Guy marrys a non-sikh white woman, the same would apply. It is the duty of Sikhs to carry on dharam to the next generation. Imagine how messed up the kids will be if one parent doesnt practise what is preached by another. Conflict and more conflict.

Nowadays it doesn't matter if you are a Sikh or not, alcoholic or not, psychopath or not, Gurdwara's are business so they are not going to turn away potential clients.

I mean there are fancy new Gurdwara's to fund!

After the 'religious' ceremony its time for the party to go down to the wedding hall, eat meat, get drunk and get down and jiggy, (oh yes and to damage the hearing of any babies that happen to be there).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdarYFRHrbE

and after the wedding...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNKAfH8RuM8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0sr88TTh34