Bbc's Heaven & Earth Show - Where Are The Sikhs?

Every Sunday 10am to 11am there is a programme on BBC ONE called "Heaven & Earth".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/programmes/heavenandearth/

It discusses different contemporary issues and news articles with different religious representatives. Also it has a special feature programme which interviews famous people and focuses on an aspect of a religion.

Sadly, the show seems to always have talkers from the Christian and Muslim community and the Sikh Community are IGNORED. Once in a full blue moon they feature something from Sikhi and have Indarjit Singh as a speaker.

The Sikhs are being UNDER REPRESENTED in the media, although we are the MOST VISIBLE MINORITY.

Benti to all Sangat --- Please write and email to "Heaven & Earth" to ask them to include Sikh representatives on the panel and have their views shared.

Email - heaven@bbc.co.uk

This is the email I have sent - Sangat can use and adapt (Note: It looks better if everyone writes something different, or else it looks like one person is doing copy past job).

Dear Heaven & Earth Show,

I enjoy watching your show every Sunday. It is well presented, informative and inspiring.

Unfortunately, there is an under representation of Sikhs in the show. The Sikhs are the largest visible minority in the UK. The panel of talkers always consists of Chrisitians or Muslims. It would be nice if Sikhs are also included. I know in the past on one or two occasions you have featured Sikhism, but the focus is always on one or two religions, when it would be nice to show the broader spectrum of religions in Britain. I know the BBC has an equal opportunities policy, it would be good shown if this could be practiced in reality.

Thank you and keep up the splendid work you are doing.

Your sincerely,

[name]

Guest Papi

uhhhh this will get controversial..... we dont even agree on a notion of heaven and hell. some say its there some say its not there. i duno what guru sahib says. maybe someone can help :devil:

*waits for an argument to start*