Ardas...

Guest secret

Guest secret

Vjkk Vjkf

ive been lately having sum huge family problems....wel its been goin on since the begiining of the year....and its been like 5 weeks since my dads stoped talking to me....he dont even sya fateh anymore...my mum is stuk between me and my dad so me being generous and thinking of my mums sake im going to go along with what they want me to do....which i seriously dont want to do...but cant do anything about it....the only thing i been doing is ardas....but the way the things are tunring out are they wya my parents want it...and its effecting my every day life....becuase its the only thing i think about.. i dont even get up[ amritvela...im alwayz cryin thinking about it.(my problem)...but what i dont understand is why is guru ji not helping me quickly even tho i been doin my ardas? its got so bad usmtimes i dont see the point in doin paat becuase of everyting thas happend and its got so hard to concentrate on my bani now....tha i h8 my slef tryin to act lyk a super perfect sikh lol which am truly not!!!! basicaly i feel fake...n thas leaidn me to think whats the point in doin paat etc.....so my question is...will guru ji change tings...if i keep doing my ardaaas? if anybody has awnsers plz post becuse itl be a gr8 help to me.....

Vjkk Vjkf

gurji will always test you in life. Life isnt always perfect and full of roses, just dont lose faith and in the end everything will be fine. God will never leave you. You are not alone, just remember that there are others out there in the same circumstances. just have faith in waheguruji. at the end of the day thats all that matters in life :lol:

Vjkk Vjkf

ive been lately having sum huge family problems....wel its been goin on since the begiining of the year....and its been like 5 weeks since my dads stoped talking to me....he dont even sya fateh anymore...my mum is stuk between me and my dad so me being generous and thinking of my mums sake im going to go along with what they want me to do....which i seriously dont want to do...but cant do anything about it....the only thing i been doing is ardas....but the way the things are tunring out are they wya my parents want it...and its effecting my every day life....becuase its the only thing i think about.. i dont even get up[ amritvela...im alwayz cryin thinking about it.(my problem)...but what i dont understand is why is guru ji not helping me quickly even tho i been doin my ardas? its got so bad usmtimes i dont see the point in doin paat becuase of everyting thas happend and its got so hard to concentrate on my bani now....tha i h8 my slef tryin to act lyk a super perfect sikh lol which am truly not!!!! basicaly i feel fake...n thas leaidn me to think whats the point in doin paat etc.....so my question is...will guru ji change tings...if i keep doing my ardaaas? if anybody has awnsers plz post becuse itl be a gr8 help to me.....

Vjkk Vjkf

What is the purpose of Ardaas? Is it fulfill our wishes, our desires, express our discontent with what is happening to us, address our complaints to God and expect God to sort it out? If you are thinking that Ardaas will help you get out of situations then i suggest you take a look at the Shaheeds during the era of Guru Gobind Singh ji. Did they not do ardaas? Did they not do paath? Yet they still had to go through terrible sufferings. Didn't the women who's children were cut up into pieces do Ardaas or Paath? I'm more than certain that they DID. But what they asked for was Courage, Love, Strength to get through the suffering that they were going through. Not to be saved from Dukh, Suffering in the literal sense that they should not occur in ones life. You say you do your nitname, what does the Guru say in the first few lines of Rehraas Sahib? Dukh daroo......

What did the 5th Guru say while being tortured? Did he not do Ardaas....Heck he himself was the Listener of Aradases. Couldn't he change with a simple thought what was happening to him? The Yogi of Yogis possessed Ridhias and Sidhias Yet why did he utter the word that he did? If you want to do Ardaas then do so with the thought to teach you how to live in his Bhana and the Ardaas shouldn't be for you alone rather include those too who are in conflict with you.

If you believe that the Karta Purkh is the Doer of all that is, and then you do an ardaas to change what was happening. You are then implying that whatever this Karta Purkh is doing isn't right, that you know better on what should happen to you. Ardaas was never meant to address our complaints to God, rather it was meant to express our Gratitude. Sukhar hai that you are still here with me during this time of suffering..Shukar hai that your Simran is still in my Mind when i am in Pain...Shukar hai that you are listening to me still even when I have no one around me...Shukar hai...Shukar Hai.

It is not that God isn't doing anything with your situation or She is ignoring your prayers which you believe to be pushing you away....rather it is your expectation of what should happen that is pushing you away. You yourself are pushing yourself away from your Guru with your Expectation of what the Guru should be doing. We all do and will go through many Dukhs and Sukhs in our lives...they are goign to come regardless of whatever Spiritual Status you reach. Just as the Gurus themselves had to deal with them, but they dealt with them not in the manner that you or me deal with. It is the status of your Mind that is of concern and should be addressed in your prayer, not the external Dukhs that occur.

Pray for not to solve your issues, She already knows what issue you are dealing with for She is closer to you than you think and listens to your every Thought and Prayer......Instead Pray for Strenght, for Her Love and to be bestowed the greatest gift of living in the Will of the Great Guru. The intent of Prayer need to modified.

Shukar Hai......

Guest jap naam

WOW , I agree wit Paaji , one of the greatest posts i've ever read on this forum.

i have sooooooo much to learn, thx for an awesum post d_oh.gif

God bless

Waheguroooooooooooo pray.gif

excellent words of wisdom veerji, this is sumthin i need to remember!!

may vaheguru bless you

Vjkk Vjkf

What is the purpose of Ardaas? Is it fulfill our wishes, our desires, express our discontent with what is happening to us, address our complaints to God and expect God to sort it out? If you are thinking that Ardaas will help you get out of situations then i suggest you take a look at the Shaheeds during the era of Guru Gobind Singh ji. Did they not do ardaas? Did they not do paath? Yet they still had to go through terrible sufferings. Didn't the women who's children were cut up into pieces do Ardaas or Paath? I'm more than certain that they DID. But what they asked for was Courage, Love, Strength to get through the suffering that they were going through. Not to be saved from Dukh, Suffering in the literal sense that they should not occur in ones life. You say you do your nitname, what does the Guru say in the first few lines of Rehraas Sahib? Dukh daroo......

What did the 5th Guru say while being tortured? Did he not do Ardaas....Heck he himself was the Listener of Aradases. Couldn't he change with a simple thought what was happening to him? The Yogi of Yogis possessed Ridhias and Sidhias Yet why did he utter the word that he did? If you want to do Ardaas then do so with the thought to teach you how to live in his Bhana and the Ardaas shouldn't be for you alone rather include those too who are in conflict with you.

If you believe that the Karta Purkh is the Doer of all that is, and then you do an ardaas to change what was happening. You are then implying that whatever this Karta Purkh is doing isn't right, that you know better on what should happen to you. Ardaas was never meant to address our complaints to God, rather it was meant to express our Gratitude. Sukhar hai that you are still here with me during this time of suffering..Shukar hai that your Simran is still in my Mind when i am in Pain...Shukar hai that you are listening to me still even when I have no one around me...Shukar hai...Shukar Hai.

It is not that God isn't doing anything with your situation or She is ignoring your prayers which you believe to be pushing you away....rather it is your expectation of what should happen that is pushing you away. You yourself are pushing yourself away from your Guru with your Expectation of what the Guru should be doing. We all do and will go through many Dukhs and Sukhs in our lives...they are goign to come regardless of whatever Spiritual Status you reach. Just as the Gurus themselves had to deal with them, but they dealt with them not in the manner that you or me deal with. It is the status of your Mind that is of concern and should be addressed in your prayer, not the external Dukhs that occur.

Pray for not to solve your issues, She already knows what issue you are dealing with for She is closer to you than you think and listens to your every Thought and Prayer......Instead Pray for Strenght, for Her Love and to be bestowed the greatest gift of living in the Will of the Great Guru. The intent of Prayer need to modified.

Shukar Hai......

Guest _mandeep singh_

Great post and it is so true we always pray for our Dukh's to be taken away instead we should pray for courage to face them head on with waheguru's grace. It's so hard to live in his will when you have a weak mind like mines :lol:

Guest Guest

Thanx for tha:) it really opened my eyes..ur correct i shldnt be aksin for wordly things....i should be asking him to help em thru it!!! :lol: thanku :|