Something Contraversial

kam1825

fateh,

bwoy everyone's so fussy on this forum, chill out maan lifes to be enjoyed.... listen to some happy kirtan,

here ive broken the caps button on the keyboard happy now ??? :TH:

Oh Tenu mai Dassa?? Emi Ajanda ah.. i was Joking to him ? comon man --- your like saying CHILL OUT -- First you chill out :lol: I said that cuz I dunno man cuz ive seen many many topics with the writing in caps ... So I just you know in a friendly way of asking wotsup with the caps..

if I said yo whats up with the caps.. id get an answer like "whats it to you ?" or something like that..

Flip sake no matter how positive one can be here the other will be at his neck - i give up (im still happy observing) ^_^

My brother Sikhism teaches one to be a Sikh. One learns from all. If you had a fanatic Sunni Muslim (i will use this as an example as the Wahabbis are fanatical) going on about how the Quran is the word of God, how would you prove your point without knowing that the other person is not lying.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji was fluent in Sanskrit, Braj Bhasha, Farsi, Persian, Gurmukhi, Hindi and had vast knowledge of other scripture as seen in the dasam and sarbloh granths.

Baba Deep Singh Ji was versed in arabic and created a Bir of Guru Granth Sahib in Arabic.

As a Sikh i bet you have not read the complete Guru, Guru Granth Sahib along with the Bhai Gurdas Di Varan and Kabitt Sawaiyai. If you do then i would say maybe you dont need to go any further. But then i would say what about the other knowledgable scriptures.

Great Sants do not limit their knowledge. Take any of the great sants over the last century and beyond. The Sewapanthis such as that of the Bhai Mani Singh Ji Samparda of Taksal read all the Sikh texts, numerous Sanatan texts then aslo the Koran, Parasbhag and Masnavi. Then the katha is recited to the sangat. Blessed is the sangat who attains great knowledge and are not narrow minded or show emnity towards others beliefs.

An example i give is Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindrawale. I take it you are a Sikh and you listen to katha in order to gain knowledge of the scriptures we read. Well the Kathakar needs to know his complete knowledge in order to expound the knowledge contained in writings. Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji learned the following scriptures

SIKHISM

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Sri Dasam Granth

Sri Sarbloh Granth

Bhai Gurdas Diyan Vaaran’

Bhai Gurdas Kabit Svaiya

Sri Nanak Prakash

Siri Guru Pratap Suraj Granth

Parbodh Chander Natak

Bhagat Bani

Panj Granthi

Das Granthi

Mehima Parkash

Bhavrasamrit

SANATAN

Bhagawant Gita

Balmiki Ramayan

Tulsi Ramayan

Mahabharat

Rig, Yujar, Sham and Atharvan Ved

Gurar Puran

Yog Vashisht

Markanday Puran

Hanuman Natak

Vairag Shatak

Sarkutavali

Vichar Sagar

Bavikhat Puran

ISLAM

BHai Nand Lal Zindageenama

Bhai Nand Lal Gazla

Bhai Nand Lal Rubaiyat

Bhai Nand Lal Jindagee Nama

The Koran

The Anjeel

Parasbhag

Masnavi Bhakh

This is what a real Sikh should strive for which is knowledge and a thirst for knowledge so that no one can ever argue with the fact that Sikhism is a true faith which lacks fault. One can only do that if they are to have knowledge of what they are to quetion and prove.

If you ever had to debate on something at Uni and were given a topic would you not research it first or just argue witht eh knowledge that you had and seen where it had taken you.

Sikhi is a very broad church we should not be limit our knowledge and be as ignorant as people of other faiths.

Another great individual is Pandit Mangal Singh whose katha i have put on keertan.org he was given the title of Pandit as he beat all of the leading Sanatan scholars in a debate and was given this title due to his knowledge. If you hear his katha he will explain from the Sanatan scripture the forthcoming arrival of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and from the Koran and Pir Nimtulla's bani as well. This is all from the knowledge from outside Sikhism.

fateh

who is this adressed to and why ????

ps; parea sunaya kya hoe ja sahaj na mileo soe

what the use of reading and listening if youv'e got no avastha(sggs)

with upmost nimarta kam1825 honestly, i can smell major haumei,hankaar from you

true singhs ajar nu jarde han, they keep everything gupt, your the webmaster at gurmatveechar.com and you tell us this in your every post.

Apologies i was not trying to be egotistical just getting a bit peed off with a member on Sikhawareness at the moment and took my fustration out on this post.

The above post was for the member stating there is no need to know about the Quran on this site. It think Sikhs should strive to attain knowledge of any faith as it does help them. This is why i wrote what i did but obviously it took me so long to do that by the time i posted it alot of my other brothers or sisters had posted on the form

Apologies for unintentionally upsetting anyone. Cheers Pal07 i needed my ego put into check

fateh,

vah vah vah,

may you pass mahraj's test and achieve acomplishment,

the person that tells somebody he is bad because of his mistake, is better than somebody who tells you, "you are brilliant at something".

Saying the latter only beefs up your ego wheras the prior one helps one to become better and better.

Veer Kam,

First off, like to thank you for the tremendous seva you're doing via gurmatveechar site.

Please coninue doing this wonderful seva.

I've always wondered if it was possible to "clean" the Sant Gyani Gurbachan SIngh ji's katha recordings even further??? Some of them one has to strain to understand because it's so muffled. But overall, considereing the time period they're from, it's a wonderful job youve done.

Perhaps with some funding it could be possible to make the recordings even more crisp clear (if the need is for expensive quipment for such a task).

I think in the future it would be a good idea to perhaps make a seperate website, considering the immense amount of audio files of Gyani Gubachan Singh ji and Gyani Takhur Singh ji (which keep increasing).

Regarding this topic...

I have listened to katha of Japji sahib by Gyani Takhur Singh ji (the long-visthaar one, and the shorter one they do in the SGGS katha). New veechar, gems keep coming hearing the katha, it's amazing. Andd for this reason I feel Gurbani truly is agaaadh-boodh, truly an ocean of knowledge. Katha vachaks will keep doing katha for eternity and the ocean of Gurbani will keep giving new gems of knowledge.

Smae way, every time Gyani Gurbachan Singh ji did katha of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, new gems of knowledge would come forth.

And the same will keep happening in the future, although it is hard to imagine anyone out-doing Gyani Gurbachan Singh ji, such is the rass, knowledge, divinity they hold.