I Want To Be A Sikh But...

Guest Dutch Guy

Guest Dutch Guy

Good Day

i would like to know what the gurus, sggs and sikhs say about

homosexual?

do they think its wrong and bad like christs and muslims do? or do you

say its okay so long they do not harm other ones..?

this is a important point for me in religion specially in these modern

times. would be bad if i would be in a religion, after years i have a

son with my wife and then he is gay but need to hide it his whole live.

maybe it destroys his mind...

are all animals beautiful and equal to waheguru? nothing like dogs are

nice but if you touch one you should wash your hands 7times..

and more important: you think, if i would convert to sikhism, there is

still a way i could stay in contact with some muslimah (muslim female) i really like....

its hard cause now i'm atheist, few muslims tryed already to trick me

into islam but lucky that i know a bit arabic. but this girl.. she dont

have permission to talk to other mens, she get punished if other mens

looking a bit to long in her eyes.

we only talk maybe 7 or 10minuts per week... this is like HELL. cause

its hard, all people are looking who is talking with whom. and she dont

have the right to talk with any men expect the imam and her son, cause

she was pregnant with 16.. and her parents drop her so she live now in

a "widow house"..

hmm.. will be great if you answer the few stuff, see you...

Guest Guest

Listen, all religions point to one thing....being at peace. They have different ways about going about it, and these external rituals or symbols help their minds help them have an identity.

But people are not their minds. Religion is a mind made concept. Whereas the beauty and power of life comes from being in the moment.

Nature doesnt have a religion, yet it gives life and is elegant. Us humans seem like we always have to have divides, to be this or that. We invest so much of ourselves into it, that if we question it, we are scared that we may be wrong!

Good Day brother :umm:

i would like to know what the gurus, sggs and sikhs say about

homosexual?

do they think its wrong and bad like christs and muslims do? or do you

say its okay so long they do not harm other ones..?

this is a important point for me in religion specially in these modern

times. would be bad if i would be in a religion, after years i have a

son with my wife and then he is gay but need to hide it his whole live.

maybe it destroys his mind...

We Sikhs believe in avoiding 5 evils: Lust, Anger, Greed, Worldy Attachment and Pride. So any sexual relationships that aren't in a married life and for procreation isn't good..

Plus, The Gurus promoted a household life.. ie: Getting married and having children. I feel being homosexual doesn't fit with this idea. I hope your son wouldn't feel the need to hide anything from you. It's individual opinion, Sikhi shouldn't stop you from having your own views on certain aspects of life :umm:

are all animals beautiful and equal to waheguru? nothing like dogs are

nice but if you touch one you should wash your hands 7times..

No, all animals are beautiful, because God is one with the Creation. If you don't see God in all, you don't see God at all

Hope I helped :lol:

Guest Guest

Im currently an atheist born a sikh family, i belive religion is man made and it a set of rules and principles that we have made for ourselves so that we can feel secure about the questions of life that we have no answers to....

Guest SarblohKhalsa.Net

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 240

gauVI mhlw 5 ]

gourree mehalaa 5 ||

Gauree, Fifth Mehla:

imlu myry goibMd Apnw nwmu dyhu ]

mil maerae gobi(n)dh apanaa naam dhaehu ||

Meet me, O my Lord of the Universe. Please bless me with Your Name.

nwm ibnw iDRgu iDRgu Asnyhu ]1] rhwau ]

naam binaa dhhrig dhhrig asanaehu ||1|| rehaao ||

Without the Naam, the Name of the Lord, cursed, cursed is love and intimacy. ||1||Pause||

nwm ibnw jo pihrY Kwie ]

naam binaa jo pehirai khaae ||

Without the Naam, one who dresses and eats well

ijau kUkru jUTn mih pwie ]1]

jio kookar joot(h)an mehi paae ||1||

is like a dog, who falls in and eats impure foods. ||1||

nwm ibnw jyqw ibauhwru ] ijau imrqk imiQAw sIgwru ]2]

naam binaa jaethaa biouhaar || jio mirathak mithhiaa seegaar ||2||

Without the Naam, all occupations are useless, like decorations on a dead body. ||2||

nwmu ibswir kry rs Bog ]

naam bisaar karae ras bhog ||

One who forgets the Naam and indulges in pleasures,

suKu supnY nhI qn mih rog ]3]

sukh supanai nehee than mehi rog ||3||

shall find no peace, even in dreams; his body shall become diseased. ||3||

nwmu iqAwig kry An kwj ]

naam thiaag karae an kaaj ||

One who renounces the Naam and engages in other occupations,

ibnis jwie JUTy siB pwj ]4]

binas jaae jhoot(h)ae sabh paaj ||4||

shall see all of his false pretenses fall away. ||4||

nwm sMig min pRIiq n lwvY ]

naam sa(n)g man preeth n laavai ||

One whose mind does not embrace love for the Naam

koit krm krqo nrik jwvY ]5]

kott karam karatho narak jaavai ||5||

shall go to hell, even though he may perform millions of ceremonial rituals. ||5||

hir kw nwmu ijin min n AwrwDw ]

har kaa naam jin man n aaraadhhaa ||

One whose mind does not contemplate the Name of the Lord

cor kI inAweI jm puir bwDw ]6]

chor kee niaaee jam pur baadhhaa ||6||

is bound like a thief, in the City of Death. ||6||

lwK AfMbr bhuqu ibsQwrw ]

laakh adda(n)bar bahuth bisathhaaraa ||

Hundreds of thousands of ostentatious shows and great expanses

nwm ibnw JUTy pwswrw ]7]

naam binaa jhoot(h)ae paasaaraa ||7||

- without the Naam, all these displays are false. ||7||

hir kw nwmu soeI jnu lyie ]

har kaa naam soee jan laee ||

That humble being repeats the Name of the Lord,

kir ikrpw nwnk ijsu dyie ]8]10]

kar kirapaa naanak jis dhaee ||8||10||

O Nanak, whom the Lord blesses with His Mercy. ||8||10||

Guest Guest
Im currently an atheist born a sikh family, i belive religion is man made and it a set of rules and principles that we have made for ourselves so that we can feel secure about the questions of life that we have no answers to....

An atheist does not believe in God. I believe in something higher than our thoughts or feelings, i.e consciousness...some people may call that God. We are not our thoughts or emotions. There is something higher than that.

Religion is cool, people should be able to do their own thing as long as they dont force it on others, or harms others practicing it. However, people can become too scared to read and find their own answers...because they have invested so much time into their religion and way of thinking. To go against that, their minds think they would loose their sense of self.

Humans are funny beings. Driven by the ego, to be right, to have this or that, to be something or somebody. Rather that appreciate NOW.

i have a dog, i wash my hands after touching him...only because...he has been lying around on the floor, rolling on the grass..or something on those lines...you should constantly sanitize your hands...so many Germs!....

well...my friend you do whatever floaats your boat....keep in touch with your friend she seems "fragile" emotionally....give her support...

and homosexuality...Guruji's Sipahi...has already enlightened us with such a beautiful answer

Humans are funny beings. Driven by the ego, to be right, to have this or that, to be something or somebody. Rather that appreciate NOW.

The idea of having a Higher Being means to submit to it and accept that there is an Entity higher than yourself. In order to do that you would have to let go of Ego :umm: