Rehat Pyari Mujhko Sikh Pyara Naahi

vjkk vjkf

having trouble finding the Gurmukhi script, can anyone find it for me please?

jagmeet

fateh ji

why wud u need to find this, i mean why do u wanna see this... u know what it is and what it means??? dont you?

fateh ji

i need it for a wallpaper mate.

Maybe before you put the forum down, you should think to yourself "how comes i know the tukk but cant write it myself in Punjabi...?" or even "why do i not know in which bani or scriptures to find it?"

Have a look at the back of an Amrit Keertan (printed not online) and you will find your answer.

Just one thing to bear in mind... the pen is mightier than the sword.

Maybe before you put the forum down, you should think to yourself "how comes i know the tukk but cant write it myself in Punjabi...?" or even "why do i not know in which bani or scriptures to find it?"

Have a look at the back of an Amrit Keertan (printed not online) and you will find your answer.

Im sure everyone will agree the forum aint what it used to be (for the oldies).

I know the tukh in english because its all over the internet and forums, as I wouldnt know otherwise. I aint got the ego to go write it in Punjabi myself as its Gurbani direct from Guru Gobind Singh Ji, and Id get it wrong, maybe have a go yourself hey? Since I cant write it myself.

Well if i knew it was in the Amrit Kirtan I would like myself, hence why im asking for advice where the tukh is!

Pen is mightier then the sword.. hmmm im not after a war, just a tukh thanks! rolleyes.gif

Dearest Bhai Sahib - Jagmeet Singh Ji,

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh !!

Please accept my apologies for not replying to your message quicker - I have been out of the country on Holiday.

In reply to your question here is the quote you wanted -

ਰਹਿਤ ਪਿਆਰੀ ਮੁਝ ਕਉ

ਸਿਖ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਨਾਹਿ

I have never been able to find the source for this quote - it is the title for the rehat section of 'Amrit Keertan' - page 1014 - no source or reference is given.

The nearest I have been able to find is this

ਭੇਖ ਨ ਪਯਾਰੋ ਮੋਹਿ ਕੋ ਵਰਨ ਨਹੀਂ ਪਿ੍ਯ ਕਾਹਿ

ਰਹਿਤ ਸੁ ਪਯਾਰੀ ਮੋਹਿ ਕਉ ਸਿਦਕ ਮਹਾਂ ਪਿ੍ਯ ਆਹਿ

'Bhekh n pyaaro moh ko varan nahi priy kahe

Rehat su pyaari moh kao sidak mahan priy ahe'

This is from 'Sri Gur Pratap Suraj Granth' - Bhai Santokh Singh Kavi (Rut 5 Ansu 38) page 5634 vol 13 (edited by Bhai Vir Singh - Bhasha Vibhag edition) - Bhai Sahib records these as the words of Guru Gobind Singh ji in 'Parsang' or 'praise' of the Khalsa Rehat.

I hope this helps in some way

Bhul Chuk Maaf

May Guru Sahib continue to shower you with blessings and help and guide with your beautiful artwork.

Gurfateh!

Ranjit Singh 'Freed'

Im sure everyone will agree the forum aint what it used to be (for the oldies).

I know the tukh in english because its all over the internet and forums, as I wouldnt know otherwise. I aint got the ego to go write it in Punjabi myself as its Gurbani direct from Guru Gobind Singh Ji, and Id get it wrong, maybe have a go yourself hey? Since I cant write it myself.

Well if i knew it was in the Amrit Kirtan I would like myself, hence why im asking for advice where the tukh is!

Pen is mightier then the sword.. hmmm im not after a war, just a tukh thanks! rolleyes.gif

You dont speak for everyone else on the forum - just speak for yourself.

And knowing the tukk isnt about ego - its about knowledge. In terms of a war, no one said you were after one. I always think a Singh should be "tyaar bar tyaar" though for anything. The word war was merely a metaphor.

• 1 year later...