CHOOSEEEEEEEEE  

23 members have voted

1. 1. which one

• PS3
    • xbox 360
  2. 2. CD Formats

• Blu-ray
    • HD DVD

Which do u guys think is better, alot of people say ps3 but not much people have it yet. and xbox 360 is better for online play. i really want a ps3 because i too think its better. but xbox 360 is the dominant market leader so far, and both consoles are getting some good games coming out later this year.

Out the CD formats, i suggest a blu-ray disk is better which can hold up to 80gb of information where the HD DVD only holds 15gb which is not much higher than a standard dvd, and also a HD DVD's dont work in the xbox 360, you have to buy a seperate player. where the ps3 is build in blu ray. wait for mgs 4 which is gunna take full advatage of the blu ray disk.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no difference between the ps2 and ps3 other than clear graphical and proccessing capabilities, even the controllers are pretty much the same, other than quickly adding a tilt feature, LAME.

The 360 clearly has the better games and has a damn good online gaming mode, but has a crappy controller .

It really depends what you want, if you want to be amazed by graphics then get a ps3,

if you like gameplay buy a wii, if you enjoy playing games and go online alot, buy the 360.

contrary to popular belief, the ps3 isn't selling like crap, it's actually selling along a similar line as to what the ps2 was selling at. Ps3 is a solid system that everyone loves to hate. Good news is that things get better everytime they release a firmware update. I enjoy my ps3 because it's quiet, smooth, and altho there aren't alot games out for it right now that I like, the games I do like are good quality. Graphics make a big difference between the 360 and the ps3. Alot of people say there's no difference between the 360 and the ps3, but I firmly believe that ps3 graphics are much better than the 360 graphics, no matter how many internet fanboys come up to me and say i'm wrong. In the end tho, it comes down to whether you're willing to spend the money and wait out the great games that are coming down the pipeline, or if you want to get a 360 and start playing super games like gears of war.

comparing 2 consoles with like a whole years difference in release date isnt very fair and what xbox have made in the amount of time they have had..........sony cant touch it!!!

ps2 released ... yr 2000

xbox released ... yr 2002

ps3 released ... 2007

xbox360 - 2006

so like ps3 had 3 years more to release their console

despite that........ ps3 undoubtably having excellent graphics but xbox 360 still got better gameplay..... but the jump in graphics isnt a huge one

ps3 a powerful system but realisicly microsoft are many jumps ahead and theres obvious reasons behind it

comparing 2 consoles with like a whole years difference in release date isnt very fair and what xbox have made in the amount of time they have had..........sony cant touch it!!!

ps2 released ... yr 2000

xbox released ... yr 2002

ps3 released ... 2007

xbox360 - 2006

so like ps3 had 3 years more to release their console

despite that........ ps3 undoubtably having excellent graphics but xbox 360 still got better gameplay..... but the jump in graphics isnt a huge one

ps3 a powerful system but realisicly microsoft are many jumps ahead and theres obvious reasons behind it

Agreed, Kaz Hirai really messed up the system launch, although I envy the people that waited in London. they had close to 100 systems and only like 70 people in line, plus everyone that waited in line at the main store there got a free 42 inch tv.

And when did the question about Blu-ray and HDDVD get added? If you look at it purely from the only spec that matters, space, then Blu-Ray wins hands down. on a single layer, it's 25 gigs to HDDVD's 15 gigs. On a dual layer, you have 50 gigs to HDDVD's 30 gigs. But then HDDVD cheated and made a triple layer that has 51 gigs rolleyes.gif Of course, when Blu-Ray comes out with a triple layer, it'll be bigger. Another thing to consider is the people backing either format. In order for Blu-Ray to fail, Sony, Apple, Samsung, and a whole bunch of other companies have to say that they're not going to be making Blu-Ray anymore and say that Blu-Ray has lost the format war. For HDDVD to fail, Microsoft and Toshiba have to say it's done. If you look at studio support, the only exclusive that HDDVD has anymore is Universal, and if they move over to Blu-Ray, then the format war is truly over. The safe bet is to stay out of the format war until it's over, the smart bet is to get a ps3 or one of Sony's BD line of Blu-Ray players, and the risky bet is to get an HDDVD player.

The worst thing is that the xbox 360 still use DVD's for its games. in a few years time DVD is over. the major film and game industries now support blu-ray. and ps3 is the cheapest blu-ray player out there.

Sony said it done the same thing with ps2, adding a dvd player customers brought it as a home entertainment player more than just a gaming device. The same thing is going to happen with the ps3.

Come on compare a dvd game to a blue-ray game, its all about space. with more space the better the game and graphics. and ps3 can use both formats DVD & Blu-ray. so Xbox 360 is overrrrrrrr.

Microsoft why support HD DVD when the Xbox 360 only uses dvds :homer

The worst thing is that the xbox 360 still use DVD's for its games. in a few years time DVD is over. the major film and game industries now support blu-ray. and ps3 is the cheapest blu-ray player out there.

Sony said it done the same thing with ps2, adding a dvd player customers brought it as a home entertainment player more than just a gaming device. The same thing is going to happen with the ps3.

Come on compare a dvd game to a blue-ray game, its all about space. with more space the better the game and graphics. and ps3 can use both formats DVD & Blu-ray. so Xbox 360 is overrrrrrrr.

Microsoft why support HD DVD when the Xbox 360 only uses dvds :homer

The official reason was that the spec wasn't proper at the time, but it's more likely that they just got scared and didn't want to take a risk on a format that everyone didn't want.