Confusion

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

By reading peoples comment on this forum it looks like Muslims, Hindus have succeeded in confusing Sikhs out of Sikhi.

Don't people understand Guru Gobind Singh Jee made his Panth Nyara. Guru Jee said as time will go on it will emerge Nyara from both Islam and Hinduism.

No wonder some Muslim and Hindu fools have set up websites to confuse Sikhs because as always they have been AFRAID of Sikhs and still are.

Request to Sikhs read you're history and Gurbani. It took 9 more forms of Guru Nanak Dev Jee to make Sikhi complete.

i dnt think thas entirely true! yes some people have been confused but the fact that people are reading about it and are posting about me there is a realisation about it! there will always be people trying to confuse people but as long as we keep faith with our guru ji and stay within sad sangat then we will nt be affected by this!

bhul chuk maf :wub:

I agree with you, BUT I don't rekon anyway can confuse you especially when you KNOW you on the right path, if you already have doubts about what life or what religion your living or following, obviously when someone adds to them doubts your going to fall....What am saying is its our OWN man (mind) no one can change it or do ANYTHING to it if your have a strong well-being. Its like the whole thing with muslims "forcing" our Bhenjee'ya into their faith, I don't see a gun pointed to their head, no one can force you, looking back on our Shaheed's they WERE being forced, they DID have guns pointed to their heads etc and they STILL didnt fall, Sikhs (includin me) have just lost that o'mang and tha'kath

(mind the preach)

thats true nobody can force you so thats why they use blackmail they get close to you to find some dirt or if theres nothing then they create some dirt and from then on they manipulate you..............not everything is black and white even strong willed people have their moments of weakness.

I think you shouldn't go blaming muslims and hindus for ever single thing and let the sikh population in general realize that it has social problems of its own. The world isn't divided into clean cut blocks of religion, and there are bound to be more intense believers and less intense believers in every religion.

And another thing, there is no grand conspiracy that every single hindu and every single muslim has against sikhs. Granted, each religion has rather zealous believers, and there really are misinformation campaigns led by parties with some vague political interests (like shiv sena or whatever), but that is no reason to lump all the 1 and a half billion hindus and as many or more muslims into that extremist group.

Humans are individuals, and even in sikhi, the choice to believe is an individual one...

well said skeptic singh, i think to an extent nowadays we focus on what a small minority of other religions are doing to us, instead of focusing on we are doing ourselves, we as sikhs need to rectify our own problems before going looking for some more!

bhul chuk maf :wub:

Guest Guest
I think you shouldn't go blaming muslims and hindus for ever single thing and let the sikh population in general realize that it has social problems of its own. The world isn't divided into clean cut blocks of religion, and there are bound to be more intense believers and less intense believers in every religion.

And another thing, there is no grand conspiracy that every single hindu and every single muslim has against sikhs. Granted, each religion has rather zealous believers, and there really are misinformation campaigns led by parties with some vague political interests (like shiv sena or whatever), but that is no reason to lump all the 1 and a half billion hindus and as many or more muslims into that extremist group.

Humans are individuals, and even in sikhi, the choice to believe is an individual one...

The thing is Sikhs are in between. Hindus use us for their own ends and so do Muslims. If there were no Sikhs either it would have been all PAKISTAN or HINDUSTAN.

In the west religion isn't much of a issue as in South Asia.

Oh its very much an issue here, my friend...don't think the west is Utopia. There are cults here like Heaven's Gate, Order of the Solar Temple, Peoples Temple (Jonestown) and the Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God. If u know even one of them, you know that one or more have even committed mass suicides...and these are just in the US, i dont even know what happens in uk or canada or australia...

But it is true that these cases are somewhat rare. In India, the friction is a lot more than here. But that's the point...india is not a nation, but a collection of 'nations'; a union...it has ethnic diversity of the type that you don't find in few other places (Africa's tribal diversity comes to mind), while the west is mostly white christian (by population) or atleast shares that european judo-christian heritage.

The point about hindus and muslims 'using' sikhs is true but not in the scale u purport it to be. I was just saying that not all hindus/muslims are doing that. And there are sikhs too that are rather hot-headed and violent (plz dont say that they are justified in being so, because there are other ways to do things; Guru Gobindh Singh Ji told us to not use the sword except as a LAST resort). And if we, the politically moderate sikhs, dont voice our views, which are in truth the views of the Guru Granth Sahib, extremism will plague us too (and I daresay it already has...).

Guest Guest
Oh its very much an issue here, my friend...don't think the west is Utopia. There are cults here like Heaven's Gate, Order of the Solar Temple, Peoples Temple (Jonestown) and the Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God.

Interesting.... This is actually from the Katha of Maskeen Ji who says that people in poorer countries are turning to Christanity whilst in developed western countries people have stopped going to church! He points out that the Bible doesn't go in much depth and is based around the Karam issue. By looking at the built roads, railways etc by the British in India people there are turning to Christanity in large numbers.

I've read and heard that from many other sources as well...in fact, in europe, the number of people who don't go to church is comparatively larger than those who do. A very large percent of native europeans don't go, while the ones who do are African or Asian immigrants. The immigrant denominations are the most active there....

and also, there's the fact that Brazil is now the country where catholics number the most, so its no longer Europe. And immigrants to the US also usually turn to christianity. Its a general trend...

I think the reason behind the observation that christianity is more based on karma is because of their separation of spirituality between God and Satan, and basing morality on acts of the person. But 'christianity' is just a general term now, because there are so many denominations within it. Not all christians believe in the same thing.