High Moral Character Of Sikhs

Veerji

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

Daas was watching this video (

) regarding RSS propaganda.

The singh lecturing knows his stuff very well, and while talking he mentioned this saakhi. I was really inspired hearing about Sikhs of the past,

and then ashamed of what we have become today, so I decided to type it out and share with the sangat.

When Hari Singh Nalua had taken over a certain place (couldn't make it out), the pathans of the area fled to hide in the caves of the mountains, out of fear. A 19 year old Pathan girl, named Bano, who was hiding in a little cave, asked someone, " Who are these people who have taken over our place?"

The person answered, "These are the Sikhs, who believe in Guru Nanak." She said, "I want to see who their general is." He told her, " Ok, but you can't see him. I'll tell you his name, we call him 'Haria'. But you shouldn't see him, he is a man from a different people, you don't how he will treat you, or how he will behave toward you." She said, " No, I definately want to see the General of the Sikhs." This 19 year old daughter of the pathans, freed herself and ran to the place where Hari Singh Nalua had his control set up. She went inside, where the General of the Sikhs was sitting, doing Nitnem. When Hari Singh Nalua finished Nitnem, he opened his eyes and saw the pathan girl standing in front of him. He asked her, " Beta, for what reason have you come here?" She said, "I'll tell you why later, but first I want to know who you are.." He replied, "We are the Sikhs, who believe in Guru Nanak."

Then she asked, "If you are the Sikhs, who believe in Guru Nanak, then why have you taken over our house?" He replied, " Beta, we didn't take over anyones house, rather we are protecting our own house." History is witness to this fact, that this area (shown in the video) is the gateway through which all attacks on India have been made. The wall couldn't protect it, but when Hari Singh Nalua raised the Nishan Sahib at that place, there has never been an attack on Hindustan through that route since.

The girl then said to him, " O General of the Sikhs! I wish that the son born out of my womb is like you." Hari Singh Nalua replied, " Beta, pray to God about the son you want. However he is, let him be good, of good character."

She said again, " O General of the Sikhs! You don't understand. I want your son to be born out of my womb."

Bhai Sahib then said, " O daughter of Pathans! get out of my sight!"

On her way out, as she neared the doorway, the daughter of pathans looked back, with tears in her eyes, saying " I heard that no one ever leaves Guru Nanaks house empty handed, but today a daughter of the pathans is leaving form the General of the Sikhs with nothing."

At that time, Hari Singh Nalua called her, and said, "Listen to me, beta. " He took a shawl from close by and put it over her, and with his hand on her shoulder, said, " Didn't you want the son born from your womb to be a General like Hari Singh Nalua? Well from today onwards, Hari Singh Nalua is your son." History is witness to this, that Hari Singh Nalua lived the rest of his life calling that 19 year old girl Mata ji.

This was the high character of Sikhs.

Piaar Naal Akho, Satnaaaam Sri Vaahegurooo!

I don't wanna ruin it for u Bhajee but there are LOADS of different views on how the above Saahkee is told - Haree Singh Nal'uaa never turned her away, when she asked that she wishes to have Singh Jee's son, he simply placed her hand on top of his head and said from now I am your son. As far as i've been told Banoo Jee was older than 19.. grin.gif but like I said there are too many different ways of telling this Saahkee, but yeah all the same its inspirational!!