Anti-sikh Preacher Barred From Temple

I watched a few of Tarlochan's progs on aastha and as a preahcer i thougth he was quite good. However content wise, i thought he was a hypocrite, becasue he was always quoting Guru Gobind Singh, but he never once talked about amrit ot the 5 pyare. Becasue he does not beleive in either.

He talks about the spiritual developement of mankind and thats good, but in sikhi miri and piri are in equal perfect balance, and the darshan das movement does not rise to that. and i dont think it ever will. His father promoted himslef as a Guru of the Sikhs, which is why he was killed. As for Nanak Naam... using this as a slogan giave the impression that he was talking about Sikhi, when actually he was pushing his own ideas.

Also SimSingh , a Sant is one life is NOT essential. Its an advantage . But then again a Giani can tell you what Guru says if you cant work out the meanings. A Sant can help you by example, but reliance on a Sant in your life does not guarenteee mukti. This depende on your own actions. This is something that Tarlochan will not tell you. After all why should he? You would stop visiting him.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paji

I'd like to say that you are inviting brothers to keep their beards and kesh and if they have the name singh then become your brothers. But why is it that these so called brothers do have kesh/beard and SINGH and go the local pub for a pint and also smoke tobacco. Guru Gobind Singh Ji's horse did not go into the tobacco field yet our so called brother's smoke. So as mentioned before, lets start at home and try and sort out this minority who are ruining the name of SIKHISM in our faces. Rather then trying to sort the rest of the world out. Darshan Das and Tirlochan Das could call us Hypocrites as we need to sort ourselves out first. We all now what goes on in our Local Gurdwara come on we could write a story but then why should we lift our own dresses and show the world. Lets Leave them to be and try and become a peaceful religion as we are. We are not extremist's/malicious/fundamentalists but you paji are portraying this.

So in your quote you said you will be quite and left alone so lets leave them alone.

Your respected

Penji

:nihungsmile:

oh Happy Raksha Bhandan Paji

nice to see darshan dass folowers have finally something to say. . . tarlochan das is NO SANT, his father was claiming to be the sikh guru, did beadbi of guru jee, said many many stupid things against sikhi. . .now the son is pro sikhi. . .i doubt it very much. . . he tried to donate gold at takht sri akaal thakht sahib and was rejected. . . he may have many wicked things to say, but it dsnt excuse the fact that he is dodgy and the son of a man claiming to be god.

fateh.

Nanak Naam Chardi Kala Tere Bhana Sarbat Da Bhala

My Dear Brothers & Sisters,

I didn’t come here to argue with you, as I was appalled to see how the newspaper article had been twisted and falsely reported because the fact is that Maharaz Darshan Das Ji was assassinated not ten years ago, but twenty years ago. So ask yourselves this: if they didn’t get even that simple fact right what else is being falsely reported in this article? Also the article states that our dear Cllr Singh has never even heard any of Hazur Tarlochan Darshan Das Ji satsangs, as he is quoted saying “ I have not heard him speak” and is basing his knowledge on pure hearsay. Would you trust (any) politician in the first place? Aren’t they only looking for votes? Furthermore the few of you who have seen some of Hazur Ji’s satsangs on Aasta Tv have already acknowledged that there is nothing wrong with his satsangs, as there are not poltically motvaited and nor do they harm or offend any faith or religion.

However for the few of you who still believe that Maharaz Darshan Das Ji did Beadbi of the Guru Granth Sahib Ji or the Gurbani or the Sikh Guru’s, then you are very wrong. I will explain why: The assassination on Maharaz Dasrshan Das Ji was politically motivated as He spoke out against the current Singhs who wanted a separate the state of Khalistan, as this is not something any of our Guru Ji’s wanted. The Sikh Faith is spread all over India and if the Singhs at the time had been successful in there attempts then they would have exiled themselves from such great shrines as Bangla Sahib Ji, which is found in Delhi, and Sis Ganj Sahib Ji, which is where Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji give his sacrifice for the benefit of Sikhism. It is sad enough that Sikhs have to travel to what is now Pakistan to visit some of their holiest Shrines, however if Khalistan was made, who is to say that the Government of India would allow Sikhs to visit the mentioned Gurdwaras? Many people also believe that Maharaz Darshan Das Ji was working with the Indian Government at the time, however this is incorrect. I don’t expect all of you to agree with me, as you have made up your own conclusions regarding this matter. However I have given you an insight of the truth behind the matter; whether you accept this or not is entirely your choice.

Dear Chtanga Ji, let me ask you this: What is your source behind your statement that Maharaz Darshan Das Ji claimed to be the Guru of the Sikhs? He himself was not a Sikh and never claimed to be anyone’s Guru.

Dear Mann Kaum Layee,

Its is amusing to see how limited your knowledge is about Naam, as the word ‘Naam’ is used only by Sikhs, but all religions have there own term for this. If you ever have looked or read the Holy Bible you will see that the first words are “In the beginning there was the word, the word was God”. Hence Christians use ‘the Word’ when referring to Naam, the Bhagavad Gita speaks in depth about the union of the soul with God through His Holy Name and they refer to it as ‘Krishna Consciousness’ or as ‘the Transcendental Journey of the Mind and the Soul’. Even the Quran refers to there own version of Naam and how it helps you to rejoin Gods Kingdom.

We say Nanak Naam Chardi Kala Tere Bhana Sarbat da Bhala as this embodies the truest representation of our belief and the way of life we lead.

We respect Guru Nanak Dev Ji as He was the saviour of Kalyug. He came here for everyone, with a message of peace, love, unity and most of all the path that leads to Naam and also to eternal salvation. He Himself came into this world when the rich and powerful thought that only they had the right to pray to God in their various ways, and that the poor could not have this right, and thus they were persecuted. However Guru Nanak Dev Ji changed this and also united all by saying I am here for you all.

We are not all Sikhs and nor do we pretend to be Sikhs as our Sangat comes from all faiths. Yes we respect your faith, and also hold the Guru Granth Sahib Ji in the highest esteem, as well as other Holy Books such as the Quran, The Holy Bible and also the Bhagvad Gita. They are all the work of the Eternal God.

A simple thing you overlooked when you said why do Muslims do Hajj, and Hindus go to bathe in the Ganga, as the answer to this is quite simple, as these are there pilgrimages just as Christians should visit Bethlehem and Jerusalem and all Sikhs should visit Hazoor Sahib Ji in Nanded (Maharashtra), before the age of 60, as you can see my dear brother all these faiths have the same principle even though the places are so varied

If you watch Hazur Ji’s Satsangs on television you will see Him read the Quran, The Bible and the Bhagvad Gita, but then again I would not have expected you to know that, as I said earlier your knowledge is limited as you only look at one side of the coin.

We believe God is one, his message is the same for all, we all know Him by various names and we pray to Him in our various actions.

As you are so well versed in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji, and I am not, I am quite sure you must have read the verse that states Tere Ek Naam Tara Sansar ( Your One Name will be of Salvation to the World), and this is exactly what we believe, as only Naam will help us in gaining salvation.

We do not monitor Sikh forums for fun my dear brother, however if you were in a similar position to me, and found out that a Islamic forum was twisting your faith or your beliefs, then I am sure you too would take part in that forum and react just they way we have. No offence but I don’t think you will disagree with me there.

Peace be upon you all and God bless you.

Dear Kucha Singh,

Bhaji, I would like to say Maharaz Darshan Das Ji, has done no beadbi of Guru Granth Sahib, Gurbani and the Sikh Guru’s. Maharaz Ji had much love for the Guru Granth Sahib Ji and the Sikh Gurus. If you ever watch a Satsang or listen to a tape I believe we will all realise that Maharaz Darshan Das only promoted Peace Love and Unity through humanitarianism and meditation on Gods name.

Bhaji your comment ‘This is fact and cannot be denied’ sorry but I really have to disagree. Could I just ask you why do you think that? Maharaz Darshan Das also showed lots of love for the Gurbani and taught Sangat the importance of the Guru Granth Sahib Ji; Maharaz Ji also respected all faiths. He has much love for God and showed this love through his teachings giving example from various faiths, Banis of Bhagats and Gurus.

Dear Chatanga ji,

You call Maharaz ji a ‘hypocrite’ in praising and doing mehma of Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji ‘Because he does not believe in either’. Bhaji Maharaz ji has great respect and love for Dasmesh Pitah Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji. Guru Gobind Singh Ji has done so much for us all. The sacrifices Guru Ji did for us as Sangat will never be able to repay. We can only try to live our lives to the best and praise God and Guru Ji for their Kirpa and teachings. Regarding Panj Pyaare and Amrit, Maharaz ji also has respect for this as Guru Gobind Singh ji blessed Sangat with such Kirpa.

Bhaji your quote ‘His father promoted himslef as a Guru of the Sikhs’ it completely false. He never said that he was guru but always Das. Maharaz Darshan Das Ji as Gods Messenger taught Sangat to love God, that he is within you and we should try and reach him through meditation of Naam Shabad and Bani.

Bhaji I do agree with you ‘reliance on a Sant in your life does not guarenteee mukti’ But a Sant does teach you the Path of God and the Sangat the love for God. And with a Sants Teaching if you live your life in accordance with teachings you have got a better chance to reach God. Naam Shabad Bani is very important in all of our lives and through this we hope to get to a closer stage towards God. So yes everything is dependent on your actions, a teaching that Maharaz Ji tells all the sangat over and over again.

Sorry Bhaji I don’t mean to be argumentative, it’s just a discussion and I am just trying to show you that don’t believe in all the lies individuals have been spreading. I have only tried to give an attempt of Maharaz ji teachings and that they are the same principle beliefs of every one of Gods Messengers.

Nanak Naam Chardi Kala Tere Bhane Sarbat da Bhala

Dear tarlochan followers, when DD came here in the mid-eighties , the BBC and some newspapers carried an article saying the " Guru of the SIkhs is in the UK.. " Who gave themthis article? The indian high comision.

Did DD ever say this is false and the indian high com have lied? No.

DD used to get people to suck his toe. Is this the work of a DAS? No.

I call tarlochan a hypocrit becoz he talks about and quotes Guru Gobind Singh being the true Guru,but never talks about Amrit, which is the elixir of life, which was also brought to us By Guru Ji, thru the hukam of Akal.

Also Bhaji , a Sant does not teach you anything in life. Guru Granth Sahib teaches all. Sants only convey this message. They cannot teach you anything. Only Guru Granth Sahib is capable of that.

And as for respecting Guru Nanak, and yet ignoring his teachings , well, what can i say.

And Sangha you ignoramus, Guru Teg Bahadur gave his head for the freedom of Hindu religion, not Sikhi!!

And you claim we only see one side of the coin. no brother, its you who are missing the one side. Spiritual and temporal development is what sikhi is about . sant- sipahi. you are looking only at sant, and ignoring the sipahi, so already you are limiting yourself to 50%. Temporal jeevani is just as important as spiritual jeevani.

And hold Guru Granh Sahib in the highest esteem? do you really? i think even you truly listened to what Guru Granth Sahib says , you would forget tarlaochan and jpoin the eternal Khalsa Brotherhood, and take the protection of the Naam.

You're welcome.

chatanga

"and all Sikhs should visit Hazoor Sahib Ji in Nanded (Maharashtra), before the age of 60, as you can see my dear brother all these faiths have the same principle even though the places are so varied"

i'm sorry brother but sikhs do not have to visit any takhat or specific gurdwara in their lifetime. this is actually completely opposite to sikh belief. pilgrimages hold no significance in sikhi.

guru teg bahadur was not allowed in harmandir sahib and guru gobind singh ji never visited the place.

as for the concept of naam. sikhi tecahes naam is attained through satguru. and satguru for sikhs is sri guru granth sahib ji.

and gurbaani defines satguru as

sat purakh jin janiyah satgur tis ka nao

tis kai sang sikh udrai, nanak har gun gao

which means, one who knows(one with) sat purakh or god, he is satguru

with him the sikh is saved

o nank, sing god's praises

peace.

As a sikhan I believe it is in our religion that we have to visit Hazoor Sahib Ji, they say that Guru Gobind Singh waits for his sikh to visit once in his life. So where has this nonsense come from that sikhs dont do pilgrimage. Also yes a few sikh go to the local pubs with beards/kesh and singh in their name, paji you need a reality check yourself. No offence but this is going on and maybe we need to put a stop to it and go to Hazoor Sahib Ji to wash away these vicious thoughts that we have about others.

As for Raskha Bhandan (rakria) is a tradition set by our great ancestors of tieing a thread to their brothers for their protection when they went to war and as a promise to their sisters that they would always respect and look after their well being. It is a tradition in the Sikh and Hindu religion. Bhaji where have you been!

Your pyari Penji