Question To Amritdhari Brothers And Sisters

From what I've heard Guru Nanak's children refused to follow Sikhi, is that true?

Yes it is.

In fact, his oldest son started some movement/religion/sikh sect of his own called Udasi. When his son (Sri Chand) died, Baba Gurditta (son of Guru Hargobind and father of Guru Har Rai) took over Udasi religion/movement. ohmy.gif

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my personal view i hate a Amritdhari person walking with his Mona son, Just i dont like that at all.

Everything is wish of God.

Its my personal opinon i will never accept patit children, never.

I feel sorry for your kids. :D

Anyway, this is a tough question to answer unless you have kids. It is easy to say I will disown them or accept them without having kids because you don't know what unconditional love truly means/feels like until you have kids.

If you teach then sikhi from young age, recite them bani and tell them meaning of bani. tell stories of Valour and bravery of all our Gurus and shaheeds.I think by doing so they will be having love for sikhi.

I remember at my childhood at night my father told me stories of Sikhs and Gurus each night.

When i was in ninth i start to have beard, i was very shy and introvert , so in starting i start to hate beard, then ny father gave me books of Nalwa, Phoola singh, Nawab kapoor Singh. I started to recite Sukhmani sahib with my mothers help. Then in 12 i read Sikh Shahadat that turned this highly Indian patriotic to present sikh.

I will also do so to my children. I have faith that they will take amrit when they are young with there own wish.

Regards

From what I've heard Guru Nanak's children refused to follow Sikhi, is that true?

Yes it is.

In fact, his oldest son started some movement/religion/sikh sect of his own called Udasi. When his son (Sri Chand) died, Baba Gurditta (son of Guru Hargobind and father of Guru Har Rai) took over Udasi religion/movement. ohmy.gif

I think Baba Gurditta was supposed to be the next Guru but he passed away early. I think I've seen a tower dedicated to him in the Harmandir complex.

My point was that despite this I don't think Guru Nanak disowned his sons at any point despite this.

Well my personal view i hate a Amritdhari person walking with his Mona son, Just i dont like that at all.

Anyway, this is a tough question to answer unless you have kids. It is easy to say I will disown them or accept them without having kids because you don't know what unconditional love truly means/feels like until you have kids.

If you teach then sikhi from young age, recite them bani and tell them meaning of bani. tell stories of Valour and bravery of all our Gurus and shaheeds.I think by doing so they will be having love for sikhi.

I remember at my childhood at night my father told me stories of Sikhs and Gurus each night.

When i was in ninth i start to have beard, i was very shy and introvert , so in starting i start to hate beard, then ny father gave me books of Nalwa, Phoola singh, Nawab kapoor Singh. I started to recite Sukhmani sahib with my mothers help. Then in 12 i read Sikh Shahadat that turned this highly Indian patriotic to present sikh.

I will also do so to my children. I have faith that they will take amrit when they are young with there own wish.

Regards

I hope you know that kids do rebel against their parents especially in their teen years. So I hope you don't just disown your kids if they decide to not follow Sikhi at all.

I would never tell my kids (if i were to have any) to cut there hair. Even if they had 0% belief in Sikhism,, I wouldnt tell them to cut their hair because you dont know when their mind will change and theyll want to keep rehat. Im glad my parents were strict especially during teenage years because thats the time when u want to fit in with everyone else by cutting your hair

It is the parents that are idols of there students.

If i dont rebel i dont have any question to think my children will leave sikhi, as they have guidence of us as well as my parents.

never minde for them, they will be sikhs and with Guru's Kirpa they will take Amrit.

It is enviornment that influences, i will say most of them cut there hairs which have no true information on sikhi, or love for Akal.

In the end it is all wish of Akal, i just prey to him that he makes all sikhs amritdhari

For the record, I don't have kids; hence I am a kid myself. lol The reason why I am stating all this because I have done a lot of crazy things in the past, but yet, my parents still stood beside me and continue to guide me to the right path which eventually it worked and I became a “good boy” through my parents’ eyes. :)

Vaheguru ... you're right ... it is a tough question to ask unless you have kids ... but the same question can apply vice/versa ... what about kids who have gotten into Sikhi and their parents are not on the path yet ... would you just disown your parents and stop giving them the love they deserve for bringing you up? You don't disown someone just because they don't share your beliefs ... that's unconditional love ... we don't love our parents/children/brothers/sisters/friends just because we have to, and ditch them as soon as we feel they don't share our beliefs ... and you're right .. .everything is God's will ... if Guru Ji decides that your children may not wish to share your beliefs about Sikhi then maybe Guru Ji is testing you and your children ... Guru Ji teaches us to love all ... whether it's children/parents/friends/brothers/sisters ... no matter who ... I personally believe that if they choose not to share my beliefs about Sikhi and my way of life .. that is their personal choice and their own personal message from Guru Ji and with time ..he will show them the way...and give me the strength and love to continue to stick by their sides to assist in any way I can for them to realize Guru Ji's true message ... Vaheguru

But truth is love to anything else that Guru is false (Mithiya).

If you have to choose between your Guru and your family what will you choose?

It is everyones self consciousness. It is everyones own ideology, if by teaching them so much they leave sikhi, then neither i am good teacher nor they are good students. It does not apply to parents.

That is the children has left teachings of his Parents that they do not trust him. It has much deeper meaning then what you think.

I have no hard feelings for people who abonden sikhi having no or little knowledge of it, but i hate people who abonden there Guru having full knowledge of history and culture. It is simply ignoring all our shahedds, it means that they are just want to prove that they are too weak to follow the path of our shaheeds.and such weak persons have no right to be sikh.

I am sure of myself i will not and never accept Patit child,

I can accept people who are monay and have no knowledge of sikhi as they are ignorent.

I hate people who have knowledge of sikhi and our shaheeds and are money.They are foolish.

Regards.

I would never tell my kids (if i were to have any) to cut there hair. Even if they had 0% belief in Sikhism,, I wouldnt tell them to cut their hair because you dont know when their mind will change and theyll want to keep rehat. Im glad my parents were strict especially during teenage years because thats the time when u want to fit in with everyone else by cutting your hair

So you would have them looking like Sikhs with a pagh but doing all the stuff like drinking and whatnot with the dastar on?

For the record, I don't have kids; hence I am a kid myself. lol The reason why I am stating all this because I have done a lot of crazy things in the past, but yet, my parents still stood beside me and continue to guide me to the right path which eventually it worked and I became a “good boy” through my parents’ eyes. :D

Vaheguru ... you're right ... it is a tough question to ask unless you have kids ... but the same question can apply vice/versa ... what about kids who have gotten into Sikhi and their parents are not on the path yet ... would you just disown your parents and stop giving them the love they deserve for bringing you up? You don't disown someone just because they don't share your beliefs ... that's unconditional love ... we don't love our parents/children/brothers/sisters/friends just because we have to, and ditch them as soon as we feel they don't share our beliefs ... and you're right .. .everything is God's will ... if Guru Ji decides that your children may not wish to share your beliefs about Sikhi then maybe Guru Ji is testing you and your children ... Guru Ji teaches us to love all ... whether it's children/parents/friends/brothers/sisters ... no matter who ... I personally believe that if they choose not to share my beliefs about Sikhi and my way of life .. that is their personal choice and their own personal message from Guru Ji and with time ..he will show them the way...and give me the strength and love to continue to stick by their sides to assist in any way I can for them to realize Guru Ji's true message ... Vaheguru

Exactly. Well said.

Nice to see someone from Brampton posting on this website. :)