"guru Granth Sahib Full Of Contradictions?" Disproved

Punjabi_Link

Someone on youtube sent me this message to me:

Brother, Sikh holy book has more contradictions then any other holy book-Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist but Islam has NO contradictions.

1. It teaches the contradictory concepts of God being Sargun i.e. with attributes and also Nirgun -without attributes (p287; p102).

2. It teaches reincarnation and yet the Guru Granth Sahib questions reincarnation(p748 M5; p1366 Kabir).

3. It teaches the concept of hell (p465 M1; p524 M5; p793 Ravidass; p875 Ravidass; p1383 Farid; Asa Kabirji GGS p484). And yet says hell does not exist (p969 Kabir). And it also teaches the mutually exclusive concept of karma & transmigration. If you are born again and again to pay for the sins of previous lives, why the need for hell or heaven? (p686; p156; Rag Malhar M3; Rag Gauri M5)

4. The Guru Granth Sahib says neither Hinduism nor Islam has the truth (p329 Kabir; p875 Namdev) and yet says that the opposite (contrary) is also true(p1350 Kabir).Guru Arjun Dev even validates the Vedas (p632 M5). And guru Govind Singh says Allah & Abhek (Ram) are the same and the Koran and Hindu scriptures are the same (Akal Ustat vs 16:86).

5. It claims that there is only one way to God (p920 M3; p1279 M1) and yet the Guru Granth Sahib also teaches there are many ways to God (p885 M5.7. It teaches that all humans are children of God ( p1118 M4) yet also says, not all, but only those who love Him are His children (p658 Ravidass).

6. The guru says that he is blind, ignorant and without enlightenment (p696 M4) yet he is called ?guru?, which means one who leads from darkness to light.

7. It teaches the existence of Heaven (p718 Namdev; p952 M3) yet the concept of Heaven is rejected(p969 Kabir).

8. It teaches that the world is a dream, an illusion and not real (p740 M5; p1187 M9 p1231 M9)yet guru Nanak says it is real (p463 M1).

9. Guru Arjun Dev claims that he was given supernatural powers (p782 M5) yet guru Nanak, admitted to the Siddh yogis that he performed no miracles(Bhai Gurdas // 1.42/43)

10. The Guru Granth Sahib rejects the Vedas (p329 Kabir) yet Guru Arjun Dev validates the Vedas (p632 M5). He also quotes them as though an authority(p632 M5). Guru Nanak also quotes them as though an authority (p831 M1).The fourth guru does the same and quotes them as though an authority (p998 M4). Namdev quotes the Gita as though an authority (p874 Namdev). Ravidass quotes the sage Vyas as though an authority (p658 Ravidass).

11. The Guru Granth Sahib says that everything was created by the agency of millions of Brahmas (p1156 M5). Yet the one God created everything ( p1 M1).

12. Dhanna jat is said to have worshipped a stone and God appeared to him. Yet stone worshipping is condemned (p1160 Kabir).

Guru Granth Sahib gives no account of the creation of man and in fact says the Semitic books are false (p329 Kabir). Yet itself validates the existence of Baba Adam (p1161 Kabir).

13. The Guru Granth Sahib teaches that God does not incarnate (p1136 M5) yet talks of the Nehklank Avatar (p1403 Swayyas).

14. The gurus never called themselves divine, but in fact sinners in need of salvation by the Grace of God. (p156 M1; p536 M5; p261 M5; M5 p1301). Yet Swayyas sing praises and laudations to them and make them divine (p1405 Swayyas; p1407 Swayyas; p1408 Swayyas; p1409 Swayyas).

15. It teaches monism i.e. all is one reality and God is all (p846 M5; p464 // M1; p1291 // Malar M1; p131 Majh M5. Yet says that man is not the same essence as God but only resembles Him (p754 Suhi M3).

Brother,no offense but Sikhism is like a anime type religion wth cartoon looking soldiers. Your parents fooled you. Islam is real.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brother, Sikh holy book has .................................

Brother,no offense but Sikhism is like a anime type religion wth cartoon looking soldiers. Your parents fooled you. Islam is real.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

This is simply another try to diss sikh religion. Dear brothers and sisters, we all know what is truth, so please its kind request to all of you to ignore these types of message and keep mind focus in guru ji's bani.

Bani says: Tera Ek Naam Tarey Sansaar, Mein Ek Aas- Ekko Adhaar....!!!

All we need is love and pyaar towards guru ji and he will help us finding the truth as he is the only one who knows the truth. There is no need to say Sikhism is best or Islam is best....!!!

It is an individual's narrow minded thinking that makes him/her think that one religion is greater than other, and this is what was shown in the post who-so-ever sent that to youtube.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karni: :WW:

Gujj Ke Balaawo

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

well if Guru Granth sahib contained all that wouldn't the great sikh scholars before us have noticed. People manipulate the meanings of Granth sahib all the time.

Recently on you tube I saw a video claiming Guru Nanak Dev ji was a great muslim sufi. Yet they forget the simple fact that sufis wear white robes not yellow.

I agree, but I find it very difficult to let him say these things, who knows in what context what was written.....

Please singh ask him this... was Muhhamad a child molester.. it is a known fact that he married a 7 or 9 year old child.... and had children with this child.

Mohammed was a prophet, personally I have respect for everyone... but see what he says get him to answer this question.

I think that simple proofs are in order. Now, considering that we know this is all a bunch of lies, it wouldn't be out of order to send around our own packet. If you follow the following links,

http://searchgurbani.com/main.php?book=bha...=1&pauri=45

http://searchgurbani.com/main.php?book=bha...=1&pauri=46

http://searchgurbani.com/main.php?book=bha...=1&pauri=47

It's evident that Guru Nanak and Guru Arjan Dev Ji both shared the same essence. Anything one would say, would not contradict the other. Following up on this,

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=4065

We find that Guru Arjan Dev Ji proclaims he is not a Hindu or a Muslim. It follows that if Guru Arjan Dev Ji would say this, Guru Nanak Dev Ji would also say this.

Muslims and Hindus can say what they want, but the Gurus were ours, We're the Lucky ones.

I hope I have not dissed Islam anywhere in the following message. Thats not my intention at all in posting this message.

1. It teaches the contradictory concepts of God being Sargun i.e. with attributes and also Nirgun -without attributes (p287; p102). Yup. God is both Sargun and Nirgun according to Gurbani (refer Sukhmani Sahib). The Islamic concept of God is different from Sikhi, as we don't worship a God who sits on a high throne, because if thats the case then such a God is limited to time and space. Sorry thats not the God we worship.

2. It teaches reincarnation and yet the Guru Granth Sahib questions reincarnation(p748 M5; p1366 Kabir).

kbIr mwns jnmu dulµBu hY hoie n bwrY bwr ]

kabeer maanas janam dhula(n)bh hai hoe n baarai baar ||

Kabeer, it is so difficult to obtain this human body; it does not just come over and over again.

Kabeer jee is saying that its very hard to get this human body as we have to pass through 8.4 million species. Where is he refusing the concept of reincarnation?

3. It teaches the concept of hell (p465 M1; p524 M5; p793 Ravidass; p875 Ravidass; p1383 Farid; Asa Kabirji GGS p484). And yet says hell does not exist (p969 Kabir). And it also teaches the mutually exclusive concept of karma & transmigration. If you are born again and again to pay for the sins of previous lives, why the need for hell or heaven? (p686; p156; Rag Malhar M3; Rag Gauri M5)

The heaven and hell in Sikhi is different from the one in Islam. When you are close to SatGuruJee, thats heaven, and when you are away, thats hell. Some say Gurbani uses heaven-hell as metaphors, but Bhai Sahib Bhai Radhir Singh Ji said in Undithi Duniya that these realms do exist and Gurbani isn't describing imaginary things. Islam's heaven and hell is eternal, but in Sikhi only Sachkhand is eternal. Even heaven and hell are not permanent "residential" abodes.

4. The Guru Granth Sahib says neither Hinduism nor Islam has the truth (p329 Kabir; p875 Namdev) and yet says that the opposite (contrary) is also true(p1350 Kabir).Guru Arjun Dev even validates the Vedas (p632 M5). And guru Govind Singh says Allah & Abhek (Ram) are the same and the Koran and Hindu scriptures are the same (Akal Ustat vs 16:86).

Gurujee came to show the true path to everyone. They pointed out the flaws in these religions but never condemned the followers, never hated Hindus or Muslims. God is ONE! In Sikhi we don't have a term similar to "Kafir". We don't look down upon non-Sikhs as inferiors.

5. It claims that there is only one way to God (p920 M3; p1279 M1) and yet the Guru Granth Sahib also teaches there are many ways to God (p885 M5.7. It teaches that all humans are children of God ( p1118 M4) yet also says, not all, but only those who love Him are His children (p658 Ravidass).

The only way to God according to Gurbani is love. And we ALL are His children. God never said only one particular community are His children.

6. The guru says that he is blind, ignorant and without enlightenment (p696 M4) yet he is called ?guru?, which means one who leads from darkness to light.

Thats the kind of humility our Gurus taught us, not to condemn followers of other religions.

7. It teaches the existence of Heaven (p718 Namdev; p952 M3) yet the concept of Heaven is rejected(p969 Kabir).

Already stated above.

8. It teaches that the world is a dream, an illusion and not real (p740 M5; p1187 M9 p1231 M9)yet guru Nanak says it is real (p463 M1).

The creation is true only in the sense that God Himself is in the creation. The world, our life, which is engrossed in Maya is false as per Gurbani.

9. Guru Arjun Dev claims that he was given supernatural powers (p782 M5) yet guru Nanak, admitted to the Siddh yogis that he performed no miracles(Bhai Gurdas // 1.42/43)

sMq jnw hir mMqRü idRVwieAw hir swjn vsgiq kIny rwm ]

sa(n)th janaa har ma(n)thra dhrirraaeiaa har saajan vasagath keenae raam ||

The humble Saints have implanted the Lord's Mantra within me, and the Lord, my Best Friend, has come under my power.

Probably thats what he read. Now read the very next lines:

AwpnVw mnu AwgY DirAw srbsu Twkuir dIny rwm ]

aapanarraa man aagai dhhariaa sarabas t(h)aakur dheenae raam ||

I have dedicated my mind to my Lord and Master, and offered it to Him, and He has blessed me with everything.

kir ApunI dwsI imtI audwsI hir mMdir iQiq pweI ]

kar apunee dhaasee mittee oudhaasee har ma(n)dhar thhith paaee ||

He has made me His hand-maiden and slave; my sadness is dispelled, and in the Lord's Temple, I have found stability.

Gurujee has called God as the source of all powers. Showing magic shows to attract followers was NEVER Gurujee's method.

10. The Guru Granth Sahib rejects the Vedas (p329 Kabir) yet Guru Arjun Dev validates the Vedas (p632 M5). He also quotes them as though an authority(p632 M5). Guru Nanak also quotes them as though an authority (p831 M1).The fourth guru does the same and quotes them as though an authority (p998 M4). Namdev quotes the Gita as though an authority (p874 Namdev). Ravidass quotes the sage Vyas as though an authority (p658 Ravidass).

kl mY eyku nwmu ikrpw iniD jwih jpY giq pwvY ]

kal mai eaek naam kirapaa nidhh jaahi japai gath paavai ||

In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Name of the One Lord is the treasure of mercy; chanting it, one obtains salvation.

Aaur Drm qw kY sm nwhin ieh ibiD bydu bqwvY ]2]

aour dhharam thaa kai sam naahan eih bidhh baedh bathaavai ||2||

No other religion is comparable to this; so speak the Vedas. ||2||

Where is this saying the Vedas are an authority?

byd purwn isimRiq ky mq suin inmK n hIey bswvY ]

baedh puraan simrith kae math sun nimakh n heeeae basaavai ||

He listens to the teachings of the Vedas, the Puraanas and the Simritees, but he does not enshrine them in his heart, even for an instant.

ds AT cwir vyd siB pUChu jn nwnk nwmu CfweI jIau ]5]2]8]

dhas at(h) chaar vaedh sabh pooshhahu jan naanak naam shhaddaaee jeeo ||5||2||8||

Consult the eighteen Puraanas and the four Vedas; O servant Nanak, only the Naam, the Name of the Lord, will deliver you. ||5||2||8||

nwnw iKAwn purwn byd ibiD cauqIs AKr mWhI ]

naanaa khiaan puraan baedh bidhh chouthees akhar maa(n)hee ||

The various Shaastras, Puranaas, and the Vedas of Brahma, are made up of thirty-four letters.

11. The Guru Granth Sahib says that everything was created by the agency of millions of Brahmas (p1156 M5). Yet the one God created everything ( p1 M1).

koit ibsn kIny Avqwr ]

kott bisan keenae avathaar ||

He created millions of incarnations of Vishnu.

koit bRhmMf jw ky DRmswl ]

kott brehama(n)dd jaa kae dhhramasaal ||

He created millions of universes as places to practice righteousness.

koit mhys aupwie smwey ]

kott mehaes oupaae samaaeae ||

He created and destroyed millions of Shivas.

koit bRhmy jgu swjx lwey ]1]

kott brehamae jag saajan laaeae ||1||

He employed millions of Brahmas to create the worlds. ||1||

AYso DxI guivMdu hmwrw ]

aiso dhhanee guvi(n)dh hamaaraa ||

Such is my Lord and Master, the Lord of the Universe.

brin n swkau gux ibsQwrw ]1] rhwau ]

baran n saako gun bisathhaaraa ||1|| rehaao ||

I cannot even describe His Many Virtues. ||1||Pause||

So now, who is the boss, Brahma or the ONE who created him?

12. Dhanna jat is said to have worshipped a stone and God appeared to him. Yet stone worshipping is condemned (p1160 Kabir).

BRmq iPrq bhu jnm iblwny qnu mnu Dnu nhI DIry ]

bhramath firath bahu janam bilaanae than man dhhan nehee dhheerae ||

I wandered through countless incarnations, but mind, body and wealth never remain stable.

lwlc ibKu kwm lubD rwqw min ibsry pRB hIry ]1] rhwau ]

laalach bikh kaam lubadhh raathaa man bisarae prabh heerae ||1|| rehaao ||

Attached to, and stained by the poisons of sexual desire and greed, the mind has forgotten the jewel of the Lord. ||1||Pause||

ibKu Pl mIT lgy mn baury cwr ibcwr n jwinAw ]

bikh fal meet(h) lagae man bourae chaar bichaar n jaaniaa ||

The poisonous fruit seems sweet to the demented mind, which does not know the difference between good and evil.

gun qy pRIiq bFI An BWqI jnm mrn iPir qwinAw ]1]

gun thae preeth badtee an bhaa(n)thee janam maran fir thaaniaa ||1||

Turning away from virtue, his love for other things increases, and he weaves again the web of birth and death. ||1||

jugiq jwin nhI irdY invwsI jlq jwl jm PMD pry ]

jugath jaan nehee ridhai nivaasee jalath jaal jam fa(n)dhh parae ||

He does not know the way to the Lord, who dwells within his heart; burning in the trap, he is caught by the noose of death.

ibKu Pl sMic Bry mn AYsy prm purK pRB mn ibsry ]2]

bikh fal sa(n)ch bharae man aisae param purakh prabh man bisarae ||2||

Gathering the poisonous fruits, he fills his mind with them, and he forgets God, the Supreme Being, from his mind. ||2||

igAwn pRvysu gurih Dnu dIAw iDAwnu mwnu mn eyk mey ]

giaan pravaes gurehi dhhan dheeaa dhhiaan maan man eaek meae ||

The Guru has given the wealth of spiritual wisdom; practicing meditation, the mind becomes one with Him.

pRym Bgiq mwnI suKu jwinAw iqRpiq AGwny mukiq Bey ]3]

praem bhagath maanee sukh jaaniaa thripath aghaanae mukath bheae ||3||

Embracing loving devotional worship for the Lord, I have come to know peace; satisfied and satiated, I have been liberated. ||3||

joiq smwie smwnI jw kY AClI pRBu pihcwinAw ]

joth samaae samaanee jaa kai ashhalee prabh pehichaaniaa ||

One who is filled with the Divine Light, recognizes the undeceivable Lord God.

DMnY Dnu pwieAw DrxIDru imil jn sMq smwinAw ]4]1]

dhha(n)nai dhhan paaeiaa dhharaneedhhar mil jan sa(n)th samaaniaa ||4||1||

Dhanna has obtained the Lord, the Sustainer of the World, as his wealth; meeting the humble Saints, he merges in the Lord. ||4||1||

Where has Dhanna ji glorified idol worship?

gopwl qyrw Awrqw ]

gopaal thaeraa aarathaa ||

O Lord of the world, this is Your lamp-lit worship service.

jo jn qumrI Bgiq krMqy iqn ky kwj svwrqw ]1] rhwau ]

jo jan thumaree bhagath kara(n)thae thin kae kaaj savaarathaa ||1|| rehaao ||

You are the Arranger of the affairs of those humble beings who perform Your devotional worship service. ||1||Pause||

dwil sIDw mwgau GIau ]

dhaal seedhhaa maago gheeo ||

Lentils, flour and ghee - these things, I beg of You.

hmrw KusI krY inq jIau ]

hamaraa khusee karai nith jeeo ||

My mind shall ever be pleased.

pn@IAw Cwdnu nIkw ] Anwju mgau sq sI kw ]1]

panheeaa shhaadhan neekaa || anaaj mago sath see kaa ||1||

Shoes, fine clothes, and grain of seven kinds - I beg of You. ||1||

gaU BYs mgau lwvyrI ]

goo bhais mago laavaeree ||

A milk cow, and a water buffalo, I beg of You,

iek qwjin qurI cMgyrI ]

eik thaajan thuree cha(n)gaeree ||

and a fine Turkestani horse.

Gr kI gIhin cMgI ]

ghar kee geehan cha(n)gee ||

A good wife to care for my home

jnu DMnw lyvY mMgI ]2]4]

jan dhha(n)naa laevai ma(n)gee ||2||4||

- Your humble servant Dhanna begs for these things, Lord. ||2||4||

Where has Dhanna ji glorified idol worship?

Guru Granth Sahib gives no account of the creation of man and in fact says the Semitic books are false (p329 Kabir). Yet itself validates the existence of Baba Adam (p1161 Kabir).

sUrj cMdu krih aujIAwrw ]

sooraj cha(n)dh karehi oujeeaaraa ||

The sun and the moon give their light;

sB mih psirAw bRhm pswrw ]2]

sabh mehi pasariaa breham pasaaraa ||2||

God's creative extension extends everywhere. ||2||

khu kbIr jwnYgw soie ]

kahu kabeer jaanaigaa soe ||

Says Kabeer, he alone knows this,

ihrdY rwmu muiK rwmY hoie ]3]29]

hiradhai raam mukh raamai hoe ||3||29||

whose heart is filled with the Lord, and whose mouth is also filled with the Lord. ||3||29||

Thats about creation.

dyie muhwr lgwmu pihrwvau ]

dhaee muhaar lagaam pehiraavo ||

I have grasped the reins and attached the bridle;

sgl q jInu ggn daurwvau ]1]

sagal th jeen gagan dhouraavo ||1||

abandoning everything, I now ride through the skies. ||1||

ApnY bIcwir AsvwrI kIjY ]

apanai beechaar asavaaree keejai ||

I made self-reflection my mount,

shj kY pwvVY pgu Dir lIjY ]1] rhwau ]

sehaj kai paavarrai pag dhhar leejai ||1|| rehaao ||

and in the stirrups of intuitive poise, I placed my feet. ||1||Pause||

clu ry bYkuMT quJih ly qwrau ]

chal rae baiku(n)t(h) thujhehi lae thaaro ||

Come, and let me ride you to heaven.

ihcih q pRym kY cwbuk mwrau ]2]

hichehi th praem kai chaabuk maaro ||2||

If you hold back, then I shall strike you with the whip of spiritual love. ||2||

khq kbIr Bly Asvwrw ] byd kqyb qy rhih inrwrw ]3]31]

kehath kabeer bhalae asavaaraa || baedh kathaeb thae rehehi niraaraa ||3||31||

Says Kabeer, those who remain detached from the Vedas, the Koran and the Bible are the best riders. ||3||31||

Thats about the Semitic books and Vedas, but its not about creation. This dude is mixing up pages and choosing whatever he feels can be used as a flaw whereas the 2 things are totally different topics and contexts.

13. The Guru Granth Sahib teaches that God does not incarnate (p1136 M5) yet talks of the Nehklank Avatar (p1403 Swayyas).

kir pMjIru KvwieE cor ]

kar pa(n)jeer khavaaeiou chor ||

You prepare sweet treats and feed them to your stone god.

Ehu jnim n mrY ry swkq For ]2]

ouhu janam n marai rae saakath dtor ||2||

God is not born, and He does not die, you foolish, faithless cynic! ||2||

sgl prwD dyih loronI ]

sagal paraadhh dhaehi loronee ||

You sing lullabyes to your stone god - this is the source of all your mistakes.

so muKu jlau ijqu khih Twkuru jonI ]3]

so mukh jalo jith kehehi t(h)aakur jonee ||3||

Let that mouth be burnt, which says that our Lord and Master is subject to birth. ||3||

jnim n mrY n AwvY n jwie ]

janam n marai n aavai n jaae ||

He is not born, and He does not die; He does not come and go in reincarnation.

nwnk kw pRBu rihE smwie ]4]1]

naanak kaa prabh rehiou samaae ||4||1||

The God of Nanak is pervading and permeating everywhere. ||4||1||

This is evidence that God doesn't incarnate.

siqgurU siqgurU siqguru guibMd jIau ]

sathiguroo sathiguroo sathigur gubi(n)dh jeeo ||

The True Guru, the True Guru, the True Guru is the Lord of the Universe Himself.

bilih Cln sbl mln Bigo Pln kwn@ kuAr inhklµk bjI fMk cVH¨ dl rivMd jIau ]

balihi shhalan sabal malan bhagio falan kaanh kuar nihakala(n)k bajee dda(n)k charrhoo dhal ravi(n)dh jeeo ||

Enticer of Baliraja, who smothers the mighty, and fulfills the devotees; the Prince Krishna, and Kalki; the thunder of His army and the beat of His drum echoes across the Universe.

rwm rvx durq dvx skl Bvx kusl krx srb BUq Awip hI dyvwiD dyv shs muK PinMd jIau ]

raam ravan dhurath dhavan sakal bhavan kusal karan sarab bhooth aap hee dhaevaadhh dhaev sehas mukh fani(n)dh jeeo ||

The Lord of contemplation, Destroyer of sin, who brings pleasure to the beings of all realms, He Himself is the God of gods, Divinity of the divine, the thousand-headed king cobra.

jrm krm mC kC huA brwh jmunw kY kUil Kylu KyilE ijin igMd jIau ]

jaram karam mashh kashh hua baraah jamunaa kai kool khael khaeliou jin gi(n)dh jeeo ||

He took birth in the Incarnations of the Fish, Tortoise and Wild Boar, and played His part. He played games on the banks of the Jamunaa River.

nwmu swru hIey Dwru qju ibkwru mn gXMd siqgurU siqgurU siqgur guibMd jIau ]4]9]

naam saar heeeae dhhaar thaj bikaar man gaya(n)dh sathiguroo sathiguroo sathigur gubi(n)dh jeeo ||4||9||

Enshrine this most excellent Name within your heart, and renounce the wickedness of the mind, O Gayand the True Guru, the True Guru, the True Guru is the Lord of the Universe Himself. ||4||9||

This is saying that God is inside everyone, including those avtars. God is inside me, inside you, does that mean we are incarnations of God?

14. The gurus never called themselves divine, but in fact sinners in need of salvation by the Grace of God. (p156 M1; p536 M5; p261 M5; M5 p1301). As said earlier, this was the kind of colossal humility/nimarta our Gurus had. Inspite of being one with God they called themselves those words. Name anyone else who did that.

Yet Swayyas sing praises and laudations to them and make them divine (p1405 Swayyas; p1407 Swayyas; p1408 Swayyas; p1409 Swayyas). Because those are the Bhagats singing the glories of the Gurus.

15. It teaches monism i.e. all is one reality and God is all (p846 M5; p464 // M1; p1291 // Malar M1; p131 Majh M5. Yet says that man is not the same essence as God but only resembles Him (p754 Suhi M3).

sUhI mhlw 3 ]

soohee mehalaa 3 ||

Soohee, Third Mehla:

kwieAw kwmix Aiq suAwil@au ipru vsY ijsu nwly ]

kaaeiaa kaaman ath suaaliho pir vasai jis naalae ||

The body-bride is very beautiful; she dwells with her Husband Lord.

ipr scy qy sdw suhwgix gur kw sbdu sm@wly ]

pir sachae thae sadhaa suhaagan gur kaa sabadh samhaalae ||

She becomes the happy soul-bride of her True Husband Lord, contemplating the Word of the Guru's Shabad.

hir kI Bgiq sdw rMig rwqw haumY ivchu jwly ]1]

har kee bhagath sadhaa ra(n)g raathaa houmai vichahu jaalae ||1||

The Lord's devotee is forever attuned to the Lord's Love; her ego is burnt away from within. ||1||

vwhu vwhu pUry gur kI bwxI ]

vaahu vaahu poorae gur kee baanee ||

Waaho! Waaho! Blessed, blessed is the Word of the Perfect Guru's Bani.

pUry gur qy aupjI swic smwxI ]1] rhwau ]

poorae gur thae oupajee saach samaanee ||1|| rehaao ||

It wells up and springs forth from the Perfect Guru, and merges into Truth. ||1||Pause||

kwieAw AMdir sBu ikCu vsY KMf mMfl pwqwlw ]

kaaeiaa a(n)dhar sabh kishh vasai kha(n)dd ma(n)ddal paathaalaa ||

Everything is within the Lord - the continents, worlds and nether regions.

kwieAw AMdir jgjIvn dwqw vsY sBnw kry pRiqpwlw ]

kaaeiaa a(n)dhar jagajeevan dhaathaa vasai sabhanaa karae prathipaalaa ||

The Life of the World, the Great Giver, dwells within the body; He is the Cherisher of all.

kwieAw kwmix sdw suhylI gurmuiK nwmu sm@wlw ]2]

kaaeiaa kaaman sadhaa suhaelee guramukh naam samhaalaa ||2||

The body-bride is eternally beautiful; the Gurmukh contemplates the Naam. ||2||

kwieAw AMdir Awpy vsY AlKu n liKAw jweI ]

kaaeiaa a(n)dhar aapae vasai alakh n lakhiaa jaaee ||

The Lord Himself dwells within the body; He is invisible and cannot be seen.

mnmuKu mugDu bUJY nwhI bwhir Bwlix jweI ]

manamukh mugadhh boojhai naahee baahar bhaalan jaaee ||

The foolish self-willed manmukh does not understand; he goes out searching for the Lord externally.

siqguru syvy sdw suKu pwey siqguir AlKu idqw lKweI ]3]

sathigur saevae sadhaa sukh paaeae sathigur alakh dhithaa lakhaaee ||3||

One who serves the True Guru is always at peace; the True Guru has shown me the Invisible Lord. ||3||

kwieAw AMdir rqn pdwrQ Bgiq Bry BMfwrw ]

kaaeiaa a(n)dhar rathan padhaarathh bhagath bharae bha(n)ddaaraa ||

Within the body there are jewels and precious treasures, the over-flowing treasure of devotion.

iesu kwieAw AMdir nauKMf ipRQmI hwt ptx bwjwrw ]

eis kaaeiaa a(n)dhar noukha(n)dd prithhamee haatt pattan baajaaraa ||

Within this body are the nine continents of the earth, its markets, cities and streets.

iesu kwieAw AMdir nwmu nau iniD pweIAY gur kY sbid vIcwrw ]4]

eis kaaeiaa a(n)dhar naam no nidhh paaeeai gur kai sabadh veechaaraa ||4||

Within this body are the nine treasures of the Naam; contemplating the Word of the Guru's Shabad, it is obtained. ||4||

kwieAw AMdir qoil qulwvY Awpy qolxhwrw ]

kaaeiaa a(n)dhar thol thulaavai aapae tholanehaaraa ||

Within the body, the Lord estimates the weight; He Himself is the weigher.

iehu mnu rqnu jvwhr mwxku iqs kw molu APwrw ]

eihu man rathan javaahar maanak this kaa mol afaaraa ||

This mind is the jewel, the gem, the diamond; it is absolutely priceless.

moil ikq hI nwmu pweIAY nwhI nwmu pweIAY gur bIcwrw ]5]

mol kith hee naam paaeeai naahee naam paaeeai gur beechaaraa ||5||

The Naam, the Name of the Lord, cannot be purchased at any price; the Naam is obtained by contemplating the Guru. ||5||

gurmuiK hovY su kwieAw KojY hor sB Brim BulweI ]

guramukh hovai s kaaeiaa khojai hor sabh bharam bhulaaee ||

One who becomes Gurmukh searches this body; all others just wander around in confusion.

ijs no dyie soeI jnu pwvY hor ikAw ko kry cqurweI ]

jis no dhaee soee jan paavai hor kiaa ko karae chathuraaee ||

That humble being alone obtains it, unto whom the Lord bestows it. What other clever tricks can anyone try?

kwieAw AMdir Bau Bwau vsY gur prswdI pweI ]6]

kaaeiaa a(n)dhar bho bhaao vasai gur parasaadhee paaee ||6||

Within the body, the Fear of God and Love for Him abides; by Guru's Grace, they are obtained. ||6||

kwieAw AMdir bRhmw ibsnu mhysw sB Epiq ijqu sMswrw ]

kaaeiaa a(n)dhar brehamaa bisan mehaesaa sabh oupath jith sa(n)saaraa ||

Within the body, are Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, from whom the whole world emanated.

scY Awpxw Kylu rcwieAw Awvw gauxu pwswrw ]

sachai aapanaa khael rachaaeiaa aavaa goun paasaaraa ||

The True Lord has staged and contrived His own play; the expanse of the Universe comes and goes.

pUrY siqguir Awip idKwieAw sic nwim insqwrw ]7]

poorai sathigur aap dhikhaaeiaa sach naam nisathaaraa ||7||

The Perfect True Guru Himself has made it clear, that emancipation comes through the True Name. ||7||

sw kwieAw jo siqguru syvY scY Awip svwrI ]

saa kaaeiaa jo sathigur saevai sachai aap savaaree ||

That body, which serves the True Guru, is embellished by the True Lord Himself.

ivxu nwvY dir FoeI nwhI qw jmu kry KuAwrI ]

vin naavai dhar dtoee naahee thaa jam karae khuaaree ||

Without the Name, the mortal finds no place of rest in the Court of the Lord; he shall be tortured by the Messenger of Death.

nwnk scu vifAweI pwey ijs no hir ikrpw DwrI ]8]2]

naanak sach vaddiaaee paaeae jis no har kirapaa dhhaaree ||8||2||

O Nanak, true glory is bestowed, when the Lord showers His Mercy. ||8||2||

Where does it say anything about man resembling or not resembling God?

Brother,no offense but Sikhism is like a anime type religion wth cartoon looking soldiers. Yes, the same cartoons who have been striking terror in the mind and hearts of oppressors (who had an ideology like yours) for 300 years. If you feel intimidated thats your problem, not ours.

Your parents fooled you. Islam is real.

It is human tendency to have atleast one dream which you wishfully see inspite of knowing that its not true. I can see yours.

Punjabi Link veeray, wherver I have said you, I wasn't referring to you but the dude who sent you this stuff.

My knowledge in Gurbani is peanut-sized. May the sangat and Gurujee forgive me for any mistake I may have made, and may some other Guru pyaare who have tons of more gyaan please correct me wherever I am wrong.

Guest amar_jkp

Brother, Sikh holy book has more contradictions then any other holy book-Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist but Islam has NO contradictions.

1. It teaches the contradictory concepts of God being Sargun i.e. with attributes and also Nirgun -without attributes (p287; p102).

14. The gurus never called themselves divine, but in fact sinners in need of salvation by the Grace of God. (p156 M1; p536 M5; p261 M5; M5 p1301). Yet Swayyas sing praises and laudations to them and make them divine (p1405 Swayyas; p1407 Swayyas; p1408 Swayyas; p1409 Swayyas).

Has anyone notice this guy has written Guru Govind singh , only a Hindu can do this, I cant believe these rat worshipers and imaginary devi devtas worshipers can challenge us. When these people will understand that Hinduism is based on myths or lies .

I agree, but I find it very difficult to let him say these things, who knows in what context what was written.....

Please singh ask him this... was Muhhamad a child molester.. it is a known fact that he married a 7 or 9 year old child.... and had children with this child.

Mohammed was a prophet, personally I have respect for everyone... but see what he says get him to answer this question.

Ji, I don't like posting on this forum (or any other) to be honest with you because (for me) it causes a lot of dubda. But this is a benti, everyong talks about how other people 'diss' sikhi and that may be true, but there is no need for us to 'diss' any other religion. Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji spent his whole lifetime with such people and also validated Mohammed (whatever he may have done). Don't get me wrong, I'm not the greatest fan of Islam (or the modern type anyway) either. When you make comments like that it proves that you don't seem to understand what Guru Nanak Dev Ji stood for.

As for contradictions, I think you really have to know the context in which the quotes were written in. But at times I think Guru Granth Sahib Ji is such that he/she gives the knowledge about the consequence to every action and it's up to us to consider whether it's right or wrong to do certain things. He/she gives us the freedom to choose whether or not to take on certain responsibilites of your own actions. I despise people who use quotes from Maharaaj for their own purpose of manipulating people when really nobody can show you your way to Maharaaj but yourself.

Phul Chuk Maaf (I'm still learning) :WW:

Satnam