Biology Nerds

KKV

yep its called a uvula

http://health.yahoo.com/media/healthwise/h5550932.jpg

i dont think they really kno what its purpose is, its just a part of the soft palate wich rises when u yawn and swallow to close of the nasopharynx (so food dont go up into your nose instead of down).

u feel sick not cos u touch the uvula, but cos the back (post 1/3) of the tongue is sensitive to touch, and by touching it you get a "gag reflex" which makes you wanna puke, i think its a protective mechanism for if something is stuck in the bk of the throat

yep its called a uvula

http://health.yahoo.com/media/healthwise/h5550932.jpg

i dont think they really kno what its purpose is, its just a part of the soft palate wich rises when u yawn and swallow to close of the nasopharynx (so food dont go up into your nose instead of down).

u feel sick not cos u touch the uvula, but cos the back (post 1/3) of the tongue is sensitive to touch, and by touching it you get a "gag reflex" which makes you wanna puke, i think its a protective mechanism for if something is stuck in the bk of the throat

thanks!! my mind is a clearer place thanks to u lot..lollll i kno gay comment :);)

May I just ask why were you wondering about your uvula??? grin.gif

Sounds abit dodgey :cool:

:) well it all began on october 2nd...it was a boring afternoon....NAHH jokeeee ;) wat relli happened was i was doin sum work for school and i was chewin on the end of my pencil and then i started playin a tune with the pencil against my teeth and then i was reaching for my back teeth for a "base" sound lol and went a bit too far ( rolleyes.gif ) and then the end of my pencil hit the "uvula" and i felt like i was gona be sick and then I wondered what was that thing - opened my mouth like a yawning lionness and decided to look in the mirror and there it was the danglin thing...loll and i jus wondered why do i even have that...

pretty gud story.... :lol:

• 3 months later...
May I just ask why were you wondering about your uvula??? grin.gif

Sounds abit dodgey :umm:

:D well it all began on october 2nd...it was a boring afternoon....NAHH jokeeee :@ wat relli happened was i was doin sum work for school and i was chewin on the end of my pencil and then i started playin a tune with the pencil against my teeth and then i was reaching for my back teeth for a "base" sound lol and went a bit too far ( rolleyes.gif ) and then the end of my pencil hit the "uvula" and i felt like i was gona be sick and then I wondered what was that thing - opened my mouth like a yawning lionness and decided to look in the mirror and there it was the danglin thing...loll and i jus wondered why do i even have that...

pretty gud story.... :D

hahahaha bloody brilliant entertainment man!!! loll hahah @ base!