Gurmat

Guest Guest

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

1) Why do we refer to Sohila Paatth as 'Kirtan Sohila', whilst the word Kirtan is not written next to it in GGSJ?

2) I have heard some people during the Ardaas say may the Bani be accepted in Sachkhand. But isn't the Bani actually from Sachkhand it self?

3) Many Sant followers often refer to their Sant as a 'Puran Brahm Gyani' but in Gurbani says a Brahm Gyani can only be Pura. "Brahm Gyani Puran Purakh Bidata".

Guest Helpsingh

1) Why do we refer to Sohila Paatth as 'Kirtan Sohila', whilst the word Kirtan is not written next to it in GGSJ?

ACtually I'm not really sure, but I don't see any problem adding Keertan infront of Sohila. After all - Sohila Sahib is a colelctions of relating Banis right?

2) I have heard some people during the Ardaas say may the Bani be accepted in Sachkhand. But isn't the Bani actually from Sachkhand it self?

talk to them about it, I dont say that :) I see ur logic lol

3) Many Sant followers often refer to their Sant as a 'Puran Brahm Gyani' but in Gurbani says a Brahm Gyani can only be Pura. "Brahm Gyani Puran Purakh Bidata".

Pura means complete. In Sikhi philosophy, U can be complete while alive! Please read more Gurbani to get your answer, as I'm a manmukh and can't be botehred to go too deep blush.gif

Good reply :) . I am not argueing that a person can not become a Brahm Gyani but what is the need of adding "Puran" next to it? You can not get a half Brahm Gyani etc. Or maybe the followers are trying to prove something. Also there is Kirtan of Aasa Di Vaar in the morning but what about Sohila Sahib?

Yes the actual Bani is from Sach Khand. However sometimes when Bani comes out of our mouths we may mispronounce or do some other form of beadbhi to it. Sometimes we make mistakes without even being aware of it. Therefore we add that into Ardaas begging for our mistakes to be forgiven and for us to learn next time the proper way to do it.

Although the Bani does come from Sach Khand, we recite it with pyaar towards Waheguru.