Sikhism Torrent Site

lovekhalistan

• 3 weeks later...

is it really worth it though? Torrents will only do well if you have alot of seeds constantly seeding and supporting peers. It really doesn't make sense if you think about it logistically. Say you release a torrent on a keertan site. For the first couple of days, it's going to take a while depending on how fast the original seed is. After those couple of days though, you'll be alright and the file will be out in the open. On the other hand, after a couple of weeks or months, then you're still going to be stuck with the same problem as before. That is, that there is only one seed distributing. Now, one could make the case that if more people download, the download will go faster, but that hinges on the download speed of peers, and once again comes back to the original problem. The more people that use torrents, the faster they'll go. And I can guarantee you that not everyone is cut out for torrents. Between confusing it with a one-way ticket to jail, an expected uneven seed to peer ratio, and lack of fully computer literate people using them, this is not the right time to introduce p2p to keertan sites.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Khalsa Network has just released a sikhi torrent thing on its main site TheKhalsa.net you can upload your own torrents however the torrents must be related to sikhi and u must sign up to upload torrents

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

wow great news. Thank you sooooooo much for this info. I encourage everybody here at sikhsangat to learn how torrent stuff works and start posting your kirtan files.

People that dont know what is torrent?

Torrent are like you post link on the site. That link is connected to your hard drive or folder that your want to share. That folder can be in GB size.

So the person want to download just click on that link and software called utorent completes all the download. You leave your computer downloading and come back in couple hours and you have that file in your computer ready to enjoy.

Napster to Kazza to Limewire to uttorent (torrent)

It is NOT like other sites we have where you create folder and click on each file save target as. Torrents are just one click and you have everything.

is it really worth it though? Torrents will only do well if you have alot of seeds constantly seeding and supporting peers. It really doesn't make sense if you think about it logistically. Say you release a torrent on a keertan site. For the first couple of days, it's going to take a while depending on how fast the original seed is. After those couple of days though, you'll be alright and the file will be out in the open. On the other hand, after a couple of weeks or months, then you're still going to be stuck with the same problem as before. That is, that there is only one seed distributing. Now, one could make the case that if more people download, the download will go faster, but that hinges on the download speedhttp://www.sikhsangat.com/style_emoticons/default/nihungsmile.gif

http://www.sikhsangat.com/style_emoticons/...nihungsmile.gif of peers, and once again comes back to the original problem. The more people that use torrents, the faster they'll go. And I can guarantee you that not everyone is cut out for torrents. Between confusing it with a one-way ticket to jail, an expected uneven seed to peer ratio, and lack of fully computer literate people using them, this is not the right time to introduce p2p to keertan sites.

If no seed then you email that person to start seeding :e:

I have 200 gigs of sikhi gems - audio's/video divans/ebooks/pricelsss pictures. I can upload them as a torrent but i really find uploading very annoyin since you can only upload one file at a time, its too time consuming. The site alteast needs capablity of uploading 10-15 files simultaneously.

I have 200 gigs of sikhi gems - audio's/video divans/ebooks/pricelsss pictures. I can upload them as a torrent but i really find uploading very annoyin since you can only upload one file at a time, its too time consuming. The site alteast needs capablity of uploading 10-15 files simultaneously.

You can upload as many file you want at same time but If your are only seeder then you just pause other uploads till we have more then 2 seeds. What software are you using for torrent? BEST software is uttorent. http://www.utorrent.com/

The way I do it is if I am browsing internet then I close uttorent software. When I am away form my computer then my computer start seeding and downloading same time close to 10 to 20 files at at time.