Ardas And Gurus

MPKaur

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

The children and I like to do Ardas together and at times we also enjoy reading it in English so that we can grasp the meaning of the beautiful Ardas. The children always have so many questions but this one last night I could not answer. Perhaps someone could shed some light?

Here it is:

By remembering Guru Har Krishan all our pains vanish and by remembering Guru Tegh Bahadur the nine sources of wealth come to our home, then what do the other Gurus provide?

Humbly

there is only 1 guru :) look beyond the vessel

I get that :cool: but that still doesn't answer my question. Why then does ardas mention to remember Guru Har Krishan for pains o go away and Guru Tegh Bahadur for wealth to come (I get that wealth doesn't necessarily means financial wealth!) and does not mention anything for the other Gurus ?? ;)

perhaps this will help :)

http://www.singhsabha.com/guru_har_krishan.htm

....Suddenly one day Guru Har Krishan was taken ill with a fever. The fever turned out to be the beginning of an attack of smallpox. The Guru's tender body was ravaged by the disease. The Guru's mother, Mata Sulakkhani, became very sad. she said, "Son, you occupy the gaddi of Guru Nanak. You are the dispeller of the world' s sorrows and sufferings . Your very sight removes the ailments of others . Why do you lie sick now?" Guru Har Krishan replied, "He who has taken this mortal frame must go through sickness and disease. Both happiness and suffering are part of life. What is ordained must happen. This is what Guru Nanak taught. Whatever He does is His order. One must walk in the light of His command."

Guru Har Krishan had himself taken out of Raja Jai Singh's house to a camp put up on the bank of the Jamuna. The Sikhs wondered why the Guru suffered thus. why this darkness surrounding the sun itself? They were in despair and wondered who would take the gaddi after him. Guru Har Krishan, as says the Sri Gur Pratap Suraj Granth, instructed them in this manner: "Gurgaddi, Guru Nanak's throne, is eternal. It is everlasting and will command increasing honour. The Granth is the Lord of all. He who wants to see me, let him with faith and love see the Granth. So will he shed all his sins. He who would wish to speak with the Guru, let him read the Granth with devotion. He who practises its teachings will obtain all the four padarathas, or cherished objects of human life. He who has faith gains all. He who is without faith acquires but little. None in this world liveth forever. The body is mortal. In the Granth abides the Guru' s spirit. Daily bow your head to it. So will you conquer your passions and attain liberation."...

"....what do the other Gurus provide?...."

Madam! the term 'Other Gurus' does not really fit into the frame of Sikh Thoughts. For a TRUE Sikh every Thing is 'One SatGurBani'. Gurus TRUTHFULLY must be refered to as Nanak. (1st, 2nd , 3rd etc.....) 11th Nanak is 'SatGurBani' alias Nanak. Every Guru is Nanak.Every Sikh is Nanak.

Every thing was provided to us, had been provided to us so far, is being provided to us here & now and will ever be provided to us by 'SatGurBani alias 'Nanak' alias 'Guru' alias 'Khalsa' alias 'Sikh Nation' alias 'TRUE Sikh Society' alias 'GOD' alias 'Humanity' alias 'World' alias 'Luck' alas 'Chance alias.......... .

Sikhs unlike other faiths do not belive in Nanaks but in Nanaks' SatGurBani.

Sikh is Guru , Guru is Sikh, Gubani is Guru, Khalsa is GurBani, GurBani is khalsa, Khalsa is Nation, Sikh is Khalsa, All Nanaks are ONE, ONE is 'Lord TRUTH'.

Word 'differentiation' does not exist is Khalsa Dictionary. Every thing is 'ONE Lord TRUTH'. Sikhism is 'TRUTHism' is 'Humanism' is 'ONEism' is 'Allism' is 'integratism' is 'Perfectionism' etc etc. All this is not my thinking. It is 'SatGurBani'

Humbly

Madam, Beg your Pardon for an impersonal reply. I love Childeren, let me be precise 'I love Childern Who ask Questions'. Send me all the Questions. It will be a favour to this 'Panth ka Daas'. Look forward to improving myselfe & my responces. REGARS !!

WaKaFa!!!!!

"....what do the other Gurus provide?...."

Madam! the term 'Other Gurus' does not really fit into the frame of Sikh Thoughts. For a TRUE Sikh every Thing is 'One SatGurBani'. Gurus TRUTHFULLY must be refered to as Nanak. (1st, 2nd , 3rd etc.....) 11th Nanak is 'SatGurBani' alias Nanak. Every Guru is Nanak.Every Sikh is Nanak.

Every thing was provided to us, had been provided to us so far, is being provided to us here & now and will ever be provided to us by 'SatGurBani alias 'Nanak' alias 'Guru' alias 'Khalsa' alias 'Sikh Nation' alias 'TRUE Sikh Society' alias 'GOD' alias 'Humanity' alias 'World' alias 'Luck' alas 'Chance alias.......... .

Sikhs unlike other faiths do not belive in Nanaks but in Nanaks' SatGurBani.

Sikh is Guru , Guru is Sikh, Gubani is Guru, Khalsa is GurBani, GurBani is khalsa, Khalsa is Nation, Sikh is Khalsa, All Nanaks are ONE, ONE is 'Lord TRUTH'.

Word 'differentiation' does not exist is Khalsa Dictionary. Every thing is 'ONE Lord TRUTH'. Sikhism is 'TRUTHism' is 'Humanism' is 'ONEism' is 'Allism' is 'integratism' is 'Perfectionism' etc etc. All this is not my thinking. It is 'SatGurBani'

Humbly

Madam, Beg your Pardon for an impersonal reply. I love Childeren, let me be precise 'I love Childern Who ask Questions'. Send me all the Questions. It will be a favour to this 'Panth ka Daas'. Look forward to improving myselfe & my responces. REGARS !!

WaKaFa!!!!!

yes maharaaj is in everyone and everything

but to say sikh is guru to me doesnt sound right. you cant call a gursikh your guru

your guru is maharaaj and althought maahraaj is IN everyone and everytihng, that doesnt make everyone maharaaj, because as you said there is only one god

gurbani makes the difference and relationship between sikh and guru in the first shabad of 18th astpadi of sukhmani sahib and it is clear that they are not the same

a sikh is the leaner the guru is the teacher. how can they be the same?