Sikh Wedding To Be Aired

lovekhalistan

Sikh Wedding, a half-hour documentary by VisionTV, will offer a unique window on a community and its customs. The documentary is the first of a planned series on multicultural faith events.

In Sikh belief, marriage is the union of two souls into a single, spiritually inseparable whole. The traditional Sikh wedding ceremony, known as "Anand Karaj", has been practised for more than 400 years.

The documentary airs Wednesday, Nov. 21, at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT, and again Saturday, Nov. 24, at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. ET.

The documentary airs in honour of the birthday of Guru Nanak, founder of the Sikh faith, on Saturday, Nov. 24. It is a first-time venture into documentary production by Iqbal Mahal, who hosts the weekly VisionTV series Visions of Punjab.

For more information on VisionTV documentaries and other programming, visit www.visiontv.ca

Sikh Wedding, a half-hour documentary by VisionTV, will offer a unique window on a community and its customs. The documentary is the first of a planned series on multicultural faith events.

In Sikh belief, marriage is the union of two souls into a single, spiritually inseparable whole. The traditional Sikh wedding ceremony, known as "Anand Karaj", has been practised for more than 400 years.

The documentary airs Wednesday, Nov. 21, at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT, and again Saturday, Nov. 24, at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. ET.

The documentary airs in honour of the birthday of Guru Nanak, founder of the Sikh faith, on Saturday, Nov. 24. It is a first-time venture into documentary production by Iqbal Mahal, who hosts the weekly VisionTV series Visions of Punjab.

For more information on VisionTV documentaries and other programming, visit www.visiontv.ca

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

thanks for sharing the info. would any body be able to capture the video and put it on youtube for ppls like me living outside canada.

thanks

thanks for sharing the info. would any body be able to capture the video and put it on youtube for ppls like me living outside canada.

thanks

I will try to copy it to my dvd recorder and then on cd if I remember. English media make these documentaries from different angle and interesting to watch sometimes. But if I miss this recording please somebody else record it too.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to record it on my computer but my computer froze while recording. I also recorded on my dvd recorder's hard drive.

This documentry was only half an hour. It was just few seconds intro on each ceremony. For us Sikhs its not really worth watching because everything we know already what goes on in wedding. Its good for people outside of Sikh that don't know anything about sikh marriage.

But if you still want to watch it then leave your comments I will upload to youtube. Trust me its just waste of time. rolleyes.gif