Top Posters In This Topic

oh maybe like the movie sahibzadey

go to http://www.sahibzadey.com or I think its org

the movie is about the sahibzadey

and then theres rise of the khalsa

its also www.riseofthekhalsa.com

there cartoon so the children will like them :lol:

Yes they are very popular, there is also Sunny the proud sikh

Also, once the children are done learning the basics (10 Gurus, Kakars, ...) then they can start learning Japji Sahib. I usually make the children learn only one line per week so it's not too hard. In a few months, they know so much and all memorized!!! :@

Usually children have a lot of questions like "why do we do this or that?" Take it from there.

However I think by telling (or reading) them stories from our Gurus, many concepts come along with the stories (seva, giving, meditation, ...). So it's an opportunity to clarify whatever they do not understand

You can also ask the children themselves what they would like to learn or do. It's a way for you to find out more about what they know and don't know and also make them feel empowered in their own learning (of course it depends on the children's age: that wouldn't work with 3-4 years old)

Anything else?

Sorry if i'm writing so much,

but i just remembered something i've always wanted to do but have'nt had a chance yet:

In my teenage years i was very involved with humanitarian work: making sandwiches for homeless, raising money for children in third world countries, going in person to distribute clothes and food,...

I've always wanted to make the children do something of the sort, perhaps on a smaller scale. I'm just brainstorming here but children could get involve in raising money for an orphanage. Children helping children sort of thing. Or collecting clothes and then shipping it to wherever they need.

u r doing gr8 sewa bhenji. write as much as u can. u know what bhenji... i can find more and more meaningful things from a ocean of words and if there is nothing in front of me do u think that can find anything?

now i m going to start with japji sahib... i already didi chopai sahib..

keep ur sewa up jio

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh jio

u r doing gr8 sewa bhenji. write as much as u can. u know what bhenji... i can find more and more meaningful things from a ocean of words and if there is nothing in front of me do u think that can find anything?

now i m going to start with japji sahib... i already didi chopai sahib..

keep ur sewa up jio

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh jio

Hey I teach punjabi at our gurudwara punjabi school and we showed the kids the movies sahibzadey and Rise of the Khalsa

when we reflect on it with the children they actually like to get into the story and learn more

avnit u teach punjabi hhahaha tu punjabi sikhani a what a funny joke. app nu aundi nahi teacher bani firdi. yaad a mummy jadon v bulanday nay tu ahi kehni a mom i m comin in few mins.. kadi punjabi boli ghar ch. haha

jk thanks for the advice mari chotyyyyyyyyyy bhan