Download "PASSION FOR TRUTH" TV Progams

mschawla

Go to "www.passionfortruthtv.com" and click on link "Passion For Truth TV" and you will see lot of TV programs. Pick and click under the heading "Down Load and Run", Similarly there is an other link "Punjabi Community Hour TV". You can do the same thing. Thanks. Please send comments to "mschawla@hotmail.com". there

I just read about recent World Sikh Council’s Chairman Kuldeep Singh Open Letter of February 12, 2004 to U.S. Senator John Kerry expressing appreciation for his apology and asking for a meeting to continue dialog expressing shock on his comment of January 31, 2004 linking Sikhs with terrorism. But then he appreciated his response of February 6, 2004, and called it as positive and said that response reflects his thoughtfulness and statesmanship. The question is "Are the Sikhs in USA satisfied with Kerry's remarks of February 6, 2004?”

In the next paragraph Chairman Kuldeep Singh said that Sikhs were having a peaceful struggle for redeeming their distinct national status, but were subjected to India's state terrorism and anti-Sikh media blitz. Thousands of Sikhs -- men, women, and children -- were massacred during this official reign of terror in the 1980's and 1990's. Repeated appeals for transparency, accountability, and restitution were ignored and relegated to "a cry in the wilderness." This was amply documented in many fact-finding reports by human rights organizations and independent observers, both in India and abroad. He then expressed his desire to meet with him soon, at a place and time convenient to him, for further dialogue on this matter.

I have no question about this letter except that we should have expressed our dissatisfaction with his response of February 6,2004 clearly and then requested a meeting with him. As I understand that World Sikh Council - America Region, based in Columbus, Ohio, claiming a representative body of Sikh institutions in America, 28 gurdwaras and 8 organizations (including SMART and Sikh Coalition), working

under the patronage of Akal Takht. What I am saying is:

(1) Sikhs do make history, but do not write history. Others than Sikhs are writing the history of 1984.

(2) For the last 20 years we have suffered because of the timidity of our Sikh leaders of not being bold enough to challenge the history being written by others. They have been calling Sikhs as terrorists and have been successful in convincing the whole world including USA that Sikhs were terrorists in 1984 instead of a Sikh holocaust in 1984. The proof is clear that US State department made a video “Terrorism: A War without Borders” in which it called Sikhs, in 1984 Golden Temple attack segment, as terrorists.

(3) During the last 20 years we Sikhs and our leadership should have declared 1984 happenings as a third (3 rd) Sikh holocaust (Ghallughara) to be written in history. If we had declared it quickly the western countries would not have taken the word of then Government.

(4) An eminent and most reliable person, like Justice (Retd.) Ranjit Singh Narula, Chief Judge, in Punjab & Haryana High Court, used the correct word, Ghalughara, for the tragic events of 1984 in his article in ” The Sikh Review” magazine.

(5) I wrote an article on declaring 1984 as 3 rd Holocaust of Sikhs and it was also published in “The Sikh Review’ magazine Of August 2002.

(6) I have been requesting SGPC to declare 1984 as 3-rd holocaust (Ghallughara) in SGPC’s list of “EVENTS THAT SHAPED THE SIKH HISTORY”. In spite of repeated requests to SGPC there is no response from our highest Sikh body.

(7) If World Sikh Council – American Region claims to have a patronage of Akal Takhat, it should first force our own Akal Takhat and SGPC to declare 1984 as a third holocaust of Sikhs. Only then we will have any leg to persuade others and USA government to correct its past mistakes.

(8) Finally I request everybody, reading this, must write to Akal Takhat and SGPC to declare immediately 1984 as a year of Sikh Third Holocast (Ghallughara).

• 2 months later...

Since my last post when I reported that SGPC had not cared to declare 1984 as the THIRD Ghallughara (Holocast) of Sikhs, no response so far has been received from SGPC who was requested again and again for responding. So I am preparing the following appeal and am circulating here for your views as to what should we do. Please give your suggessions. Thanks.

=====================================================

To: Secretary General United Nations

Dear Mr. Secretary General,

We the Sikhs of United States of America and the world call on your Excellency for a "Commission of Truth and Justice under the auspices of the UN to comprehensively investigate whether the slaughter to which Indian Sikhs were subjected in 1984 constitutes genocide as defined in the Genocide Convention and the relevant international law".

As you know, the golden temple is the holiest of Sikh Shrines. In 1984, the Indian army attacked this shrine killing thousands of innocent children, women and old men pilgrims. Major portions of the complex were destroyed. The Indian army, in addition to the attack on this most important Temple, also attacked simultaneously 31 other Sikh temples throughout the State of Punjab. Again In November of 1984 thousands of Sikhs were killed by the roving mobs with the connivance of the the ruling party leaders of the Indian Government throughout India. These murders were carried out by a systamatic planning by the Government leaders even under the very nose of Indian Government in the Indian Capital, Delhi. All this was carried out with the support of the Government police and law enforcing personnel. All these have been very well documented by

the American-based Human Rights Watch and the British-based Amnesty International. All this must remind the peaceful and just people of the world that holocast of innmocent people did not end with the jews during the Nazi Germany.

Although we Sikhs have been describing the slaughter as genocide, a full UN

Investigation had never taken place. Trevor Barnard of London reported on April 24, 2004 that the Sikh Federation (UK) is urging all British Members of the Euro-pean Parliament (MEPs) to support a declaration tabled in the Parliament calling on the

United Nations to mount an investigation to decide whether the slaughter of Indian Sikhs in 1984 should be regarded as genocide. The Sikhs of U.S.A. join Sikhs of UK in making an appeal to your Excellency for a Commission of Truth and Justice under the auspices of the UN.

Sincerely,