Wearing Sehra In Punjabi Wedding Trends In Front Of Guru...!

Dassan Daas

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh

There is one thing that had came to my mind while sitting in front of Shri Guru Granth Sahib G .....

Please Suggest me with Gurmat Maryada (According to Rehat Maryada). That during a Pujabi Sikh Wedding Scenario

both the couple have to sit in Front of Shri Guru Granth Sahib G ...

The dress sense of a women is fine she can either wear either lehnga or sm punjabi traditional suit ..

But a a sikh (man guy) has to wear a Kalgi at that time its just the same as 10th Guru Ji use to tie in his turban/dastaar sahib.

But we ppl are nothing in comparison to that to wear those sort of stuff.......!!!

I dont know why this thing has come to my mind so i want to know from sadh sangat Geo abt this i a (according to Gurmat Rehat Maryada) suggestion on this query..

what i feel is we should always give regard to guru ji s belongings it could be anything ........

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh

well nobody should really wear kalgis as only guru gobind singh ji did huna! and like u sed ji who are we in comparision?

at punjabi weddings ppl wear it... just as its some crappy tradtion.. theres no need for it, they do it so the sisters have a main part in the wedding

its stupid and manmat... but they dont realise this as no proper parchar about it is done! so the grooms etc just go along with it.

buit it shudnt be worn

bhull chukk maaf

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

First we say a sikh should look like his pita and now we are supporting our argument saying we shouldn't wear kalgi because Guru Ji wore it.

Its a cultural thing people, so let people do what they are doing.

exactly, if we fight over little things like this, then we cant even wear bana, or take amrit, or have darra right, because our guru had those, and then we would be copying our gurus?

its in wedding tradition, and nobody is running around calling them selves guru ji. and nobody is trying to insult anyone. there is no realy argument for it, but people think to much about everything.

but then if somebody goes around and wears kalgi all the time and acts likes hes the guru, then we gotta hook em up. and thats where the problem is....

................*cough**cough*raam rahim*cough**cough*......

well nobody should really wear kalgis as only guru gobind singh ji did huna! and like u sed ji who are we in comparision?

at punjabi weddings ppl wear it... just as its some crappy tradtion.. theres no need for it, they do it so the sisters have a main part in the wedding

its stupid and manmat... but they dont realise this as no proper parchar about it is done! so the grooms etc just go along with it.

buit it shudnt be worn

bhull chukk maaf

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

spot on penje :TH:

Kalgi's have been wore by people long before our Gurus. Even to date in other cultures within India the kalgi is worn by those who are rich, in power or hold some sort of status within society.

In a wedding the main two people who the focus is on is the bride and groom. Therefore, the groom hold's a 'temporary status' in that situation.

Hence, a kalgi being used to indicate this. The kalgi was not exclusively for our Gurus. Having said that, we as Sikhs believe and shall believe that our Guru holds more power and status than us in ANY situation - hence us taking the kalgi off before entering the Gurdwara.

I hope that clears up everything.