Issues And Solutions To Problems In Sikh Community

mandeep99

Ill give a nice example.

My freind in grade 11 62 average. He did weed and drank ALOOT. I mean he would drink for breakfast. Never paid much attention to Sikhism. Grew up in the "typical" punjabi houshold.

In the Summer some of his freinds started taking him to the Gurdwara and Akj smagams. He started to figure out what was the truth.. the true path. Before going back to finish his High School year he took amrit and became a Khalsa.

Graduating from Grade 12 he had a 97.2 Average. Its not about whos book smart. Its about the effort and hard work you have to put in to get to the top!

I know someone who had a hard time in school and actually dropped out. He/She put a lot of effort into school, but he/she couldn't just cut it. Also couple of my friends had dropped out school because their families weren't making enough money to pay their bills. So my friends had to get jobs help out their families.

what i mean by kids who drop out of school is, their's alot of sikh kids who are spoiled like crazy they get cars and what ever, and never had to work a job in their life and were given no responsibility's

when parants don't teach kids work ethic how do you expect them to get through school, but i do agree i know ppl who weren't book smart but are street smart and made fortune in buisness, but at the same time these guys work, the sikh guys im talking about that drop out of school live with mommy and daddy smoking weed getting drunk till their late 20's.