Larivaar Katha Of Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharajh!

AK-47

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

Some of you may be aware that some singhs have undertaken a huge seva and made available to the sangat the entire katha of Guru Granth Sahib Ji by Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale (12th jathedhar of Damdami Taksal).

This seva is unique as it is the first time that the entire katha of maharajh has been made available in this way. The singhs who did the seva spent countless hourse transferring the audio from the old spools and cleaning it to make it audiable. Sangat ji, we are talking about cleaning over 600+ hours of katha and making sure that each word is as clear as possible.

Given that a lot of kathavachaks today use Sant Gurbachan Singh Jis katha as a teaching guide, the singhs thought that it would a good idea to make his katha available to everyone directly. Sant Baba Takhar Singh Ji also instructed that the singhs should make this katha available to the entire world and that were possible it should be in each sikhs house for him/her to listen to.

Those of you who have heard of Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji will know that he is considered to be of the highest possible avastha and was a gianni singh with no comparison. For more info on him see the thread on Baba Jis Barsi.

If anyone attended the Barsi this year in Milton Keynes you will have noticed how the katha dvds were given out to the sangat free on the condition that people listened to it. This katha is also available for download on www.gurmatveechar.com and damdamitaksaal.org also. It is downloadable in small segments and each file is labelled with the ang and raag number so it should be easy to find katha for any particular shabad/ang you are looking for.

One benti is this, or maybe you can call it a challenge also. The singhs have spent their time and efforts and the sangat has spent thousands of pounds (to date around $30,000 worth of dvds have been distributed free from the donations of the sangat around the world. In the future the dvd sets may have a small price attached to enable more to be produced and given out.) now what about us?

Our challenge is to LISTEN to the katha. In this year we celebrate the 300 years of guru maharajh's gurgaddi. Can we accept this challenge to listen to this larivaar katha of guru granth sahib ji as done by a true heera of the panth? Each file is perhaps 20 mins long, so can we accept the challenge of listening to just 1 file everyday and to patiently and lovingly listen to the entire katha?

We all talk big and look impressive, but will we take out the time to learn about guru maharajhs arth etc?

So lets see if anyone accepts, will anyone commit 20 mins a day?

Ps please do not turn the thread into a debate etc, it is just to inform you of this amazing opportunity to learn something from a true bhramgianni and gursikh Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhaindranwale!

:s

Many Sant Mahapurkhs like Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji have done seva for the panth. They have been Giani Singhs with no comparison. I feel blessed to have access to these priceless vichaars on Guru Ji.

I am sure we all can find 20 mins from our 'busy' schedules and listen to atleast one recording everyday.

ps: Are these DVDs available in Canada??

Chal banda its you and me then i suppose!!

I was hoping that at least say 10 people would commit to making an effort to listen to this. I mean 20 mins is nothing in a day of 24 hours is it!

Its funny because when we talk about gursikhs who have left us we all say how much we would loved to have met them, and yet when we get the chance to listen to their veechars, we seem to get busy and cant find time!

Chalo guru maharajh mehar kareh!

ps in case people didnt realise great modern katha done by singhs like gianni takhar singh ji (patiala) is again based on that done by sant gurbachan singh ji. if you listen to it you will notice this! :s gianni takhar singh jis is a bit easier to understand but the real gem is with sant ji!

Baba takhar singh ji would always tell the singhs to play the katha done by sant gurbachan singh ji again and again, listening to the katha is like getting the gursikhs sangat directly.

:D

A huge percentage of new katha vachicks listen to sant gurbachan singh jees katha and then try to put it into their own words (bt dont have the kamai), as stated above baba thakur singh jee used to replay all the katha over and over and over again, once some singhs asked should we play a different katha vachick. . .baba jee replied if you have tasted the pure butter (i.e. listened to the best) why listen to anyone else. . . this is a huge donation to the panth, by a puuran brahm giani. . .may maharaj bless us all to listen to it.