Rats. Big Ones. Huge. Furry.

Guest hilfen

our gurughar has rats (could be mice). i spend a lot of time there so ive cn them, only a few of us knw abt thm. the committee have made it clear theyre not going to do anything, their funds need to be spent elsewhere ie their own agenda. i dont think the council can do anything because the gurdwara is an independent body, if we were selling the food then i suppose they could intervene but ppl rnt paying for langar so... not sure abt this btw. can someone with a bit mre knowledge help plz.

so anyone got a solution?

and im not going to name this gurdwara, so dont bother asking!

improve waste disposal at the gurdvara, a food source must be attracting the rats/mice, so make sure u put all rubbish bags away from the gurdvara and make sure the gurdvara is clean and tidy. rats and mice reproduce really fast so if you dont act the problem could get worse. and they are a risk to the health and safety of the people visiting the gurdvara eating the langar so it is important that this is sorted

I can help you! We have had rats and mice in our house. We basically went India for 3 months whilst some stupid family member left the lid on the peanuts and almonds open. When we came back the mice had a proper feast and plus during the party they fell pregnant and so we saw their babies dancing all around the house. Step by Step procedure

STOP THEM FROM GETTING IN!

1. Find their rat/mouse holes....search walls, look under carpet, look under furniture. I found one under the fridge and one by the Toilet! If you cannot find the holes stand still and watch the rat....

2. Close off the holes....use cement..

STOP THEM FROM GETTING THE FOOD.

3. There is a reason why sangat should not leave jooth. Educate the sangat about not leaving jooth....also clean floor and worksurfaces everyday!

4. Make sure the aunties know that prepared food should be covered....seriously the amount of times I see roti open to the elements

5. Cover bins with proper tight lids and check the bottom of bins cos rats have teeth with which they make holes....

KILL THEM

6. You can use mouse traps (not recommended cos low success rate plus you trap the rat and release it....and once released it comes back again! If your not gonna release it then you kill it yourself and thats worse than the poision cos the poison is designed to be less painful). You can leave rat poison (slightly better) OR there are these white sticky things...no poision involved but rats stick to these and dies of starvation. (Very painful!)

7. You get all poison and white sticky things from your local environmental agency for free.....actually I think we got ours from the neighbourhood office. We told them we have mice in our house and they give you stuff. So make sure you ring them and have a chat.

HOWEVER MAKE SURE YOU DO THE 3 STEPS FOR PROPER SUCCESS!! You have to find the holes...

PS-if you ever have fly problems let me know!

I can help you! We have had rats and mice in our house. We basically went India for 3 months whilst some stupid family member left the lid on the peanuts and almonds open. When we came back the mice had a proper feast and plus during the party they fell pregnant and so we saw their babies dancing all around the house. Step by Step procedure

STOP THEM FROM GETTING IN!

1. Find their rat/mouse holes....search walls, look under carpet, look under furniture. I found one under the fridge and one by the Toilet! If you cannot find the holes stand still and watch the rat....

2. Close off the holes....use cement..

STOP THEM FROM GETTING THE FOOD.

3. There is a reason why sangat should not leave jooth. Educate the sangat about not leaving jooth....also clean floor and worksurfaces everyday!

4. Make sure the aunties know that prepared food should be covered....seriously the amount of times I see roti open to the elements

5. Cover bins with proper tight lids and check the bottom of bins cos rats have teeth with which they make holes....

KILL THEM

6. You can use mouse traps (not recommended cos low success rate plus you trap the rat and release it....and once released it comes back again! If your not gonna release it then you kill it yourself and thats worse than the poision cos the poison is designed to be less painful). You can leave rat poison (slightly better) OR there are these white sticky things...no poision involved but rats stick to these and dies of starvation. (Very painful!)

7. You get all poison and white sticky things from your local environmental agency for free.....actually I think we got ours from the neighbourhood office. We told them we have mice in our house and they give you stuff. So make sure you ring them and have a chat.

HOWEVER MAKE SURE YOU DO THE 3 STEPS FOR PROPER SUCCESS!! You have to find the holes...

PS-if you ever have fly problems let me know!

wow that was really informative, we had rats when we moved into our new house (well old house now) we got a cat the rats disappeared within 4 days.

Just out of curiosity whats the procedure for fly problems, should I ever need to know.

Guest peacemaker
Ive had a rat come through the door of a bathroom when i was in India ..i didnt know where to jump on cause theres no tub ...like its a flat floor...and so i ended up jumping into the sink :D ...hehe

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sorry

Ive had a rat come through the door of a bathroom when i was in India ..i didnt know where to jump on cause theres no tub ...like its a flat floor...and so i ended up jumping into the sink :@ ...hehe

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sorry

:D its not funny! haha...imagine a rat walkin in on you and theres nowhere to jump!!! ohmy.gif

Guest holymolykafoly
Ive had a rat come through the door of a bathroom when i was in India ..i didnt know where to jump on cause theres no tub ...like its a flat floor...and so i ended up jumping into the sink :D ...hehe

BAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAA LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif

Just out of curiosity whats the procedure for fly problems, should I ever need to know.

LOL i was thinking the same!

I think you could tip of council anonymously about them as its public health problem. you just call your council and ask for environmental health.

I called them once about a leaking pipe on side of a shop which was leaking sweage into the alley which I used for short cut, and few days later it was sorted. They may take ur details but they just go and inspect and make the owner fix it.