[salok] Bhagat Kabeer Jeo Kae

This thread is an interesting feature that it contains 'Ant kaal'. It should be translated as dying moments.

At what poit Of time should one consider that the ant kaal has begun for a person who is almost dying. Most people that I have seen dying are not conscious at all. They just do not open eyes.it seems as if their mind is doing something and the body is almost motionless except the broken Swaas show that there is life.I doubt that any person [ordinary] , at that point of time, would be thinking about anything.

Is there anything specific at the moments of Death stated in death.

Kindly enlighten.

Although everything is in simran as my friend has told.

I think the point is that if Guru Saheb's praises/simran/Gurbani is resounding in our heads every second of every day, it doesn't matter when/how death comes. Whatever happens that bhagti will be ongoing. There have been cases of Gurmukhs who have done so much kamai that even after breath has left, the body itself will be doing simran. Just imagine how dedicated and loving those kinds of souls are!

Another thing is that when reading Gurbani we usually try to limit the translations according to what we think is logical/makes sense. It's important to remember that Guru Saheb is all-knowing, He created those laws of logic, and He can surpass them at any time as well. So there maybe millions of levels below the vichaar that we think explains everything. Lastly, although what I've written above seems 'impossible', especially to newcomers into Sikhi, rest assured that is it perfectly possible. Anything is possible with Akaal Purakh's grace.