What Is Better: Bani Or Meditation

besoft

Funny question, thats like saying is Guru Nanak Dev Ji better than Guru Harkrishan Ji , as an example.

Both things are necessary, reading gurbani, attaining knowledge and meditating on the one lord 'Waheguru' is ultimate to reach the highest point 'Sachkhand'

and we have to reach sachkhand before we die, thats what gurbani tells us "Its before death". If we don't, we will be born again and again till we eventually reach it. And we only reach sachkhand, when we are free of karmas. And we only become free of karmas, when the EGO dies and GOD lives. Guru Ji says "Where there is no EGO, GOD himself is there".

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which are the methods that guru sahibs have recommended for meditation.?

Kindly explain in brief.

There is no special method of meditation.

Relax, do some yoga if you can before to calm the body and mind.

Sit down in a quiet room, close your eyes, and repeat "SATNAAM SHRI VAHEGUROO JEE". You can start verbally, when you get used to it and mind is trained, you can start it repeating it mentally. That is it.

Try to do itsame time everyday if you can and start off with 15-20 mins then gradually increase the time when you get used to it

1. Choose a quiet spot where you will not be disturbed by other people.

2. Sit quietly in a comfortable position.

3. Eliminate distractions and interruptions during the period you'll be meditating.

4. Commit yourself to a specific length of time and try to stick to it.

5. Pick a focus word or short phrase that's firmly rooted in your personal belief system. A non-religious person might choose a neutral word like one, peace, or love. Others might use the opening words of a favorite prayer from their religion such as 'Hail Mary full of Grace', "I surrender all to you", "Hallelujah", "Om", etc. In your case it should be "SATNAAM SHREE VAHEGUROO JEE"

6. Close your eyes. This will make it easy to concentrate.

7. Relax your muscles sequentially from head to feet. This helps to break the connection between stressful thoughts and a tense body. Starting with your forehead, become aware of tension as you breathe in. Let go of any obvious tension as you breathe out. Go through the rest of your body in this way, proceeding down through your eyes, jaws, neck, shoulders, arms, hands, chest, upper back, middle back and midriff, lower back, belly, pelvis, buttocks, thighs, calves, and feet.

8. Breathe slowly and naturally, repeating your focus word or phrase silently as you exhale.

9. Assume a passive attitude. Don't worry about how well you're doing. When other thoughts come to mind, simply say, "Oh, well," and gently return to the repetition.

10. Continue for 10 to 20 minutes. You may open your eyes to check the time, but do not use an alarm. After you finish: Sit quietly for a minute or so, at first with your eyes closed and later with your eyes open. Do not stand for one or two minutes.

Funny question, thats like saying is Guru Nanak Dev Ji better than Guru Harkrishan Ji , as an example.

Both things are necessary, reading gurbani, attaining knowledge and meditating on the one lord 'Waheguru' is ultimate to reach the highest point 'Sachkhand'

and we have to reach sachkhand before we die, thats what gurbani tells us "Its before death". If we don't, we will be born again and again till we eventually reach it. And we only reach sachkhand, when we are free of karmas. And we only become free of karmas, when the EGO dies and GOD lives. Guru Ji says "Where there is no EGO, GOD himself is there".

i'm a paapi! I just know that we need both things to get there, but I am million miles away!

i'm a paapi! I just know that we need both things to get there, but I am million miles away!

I am a bigger paapi than you....but even if we are mahapaapi's GOD still loves us and helps us each and every moment.

I am a bigger paapi than you....but even if we are mahapaapi's GOD still loves us and helps us each and every moment.

Well I hope he can still love and help us! I am a misguided <banned word filter activated>, that needs constantly reminded by Guru ji to stay on the right path! I admit, I do trim, and have certain amounts of Karodh and Kaam! These two things really kill me! I want them under control, but dont know how to!