The Police

Jeevan

theres many things that happen on indivudual basis because this way they cant say we attacked him cuz he was sikh, or we made fun of him cuz he was a sikh

theyll be like it was cuz he wwas a bad person

i knew this one time, a cop called a singh a paki or somehting, making fun of their dastaar

the singh and his brother beat the cop up, and it was caught on camera

the singh and the brother were aquitted becasuse of the cops racial remarks and he instigated it

another time when i was a really young kid,k i used to be a really strict gursikh

a cop told me hed kill me and send me to allah for wearing my kirpan

ir eally didnt say anything then because i was like 11, but after when i grew much older i never let anyone talk to me like that again, if they did theyu paid dearly cop or not

another time i kno this person that was stopped because they were indian and wealthy and young

when asked for a reason, they said they had reports the person was involved in illegal activities

i doubt any call came, and this wasnt an isolate dinciidence, the cops have stopped him 10 times for no reason

our commounity is easily one of the most succesuful in canada, and we run mny many industries

our only strength will be is if we stick together

if u bother a sijh, a cop shud kno 100 will be behind that one person

the entire community shud support any sikh bothered by the police

but we need to stick together

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our only strength will be is if we stick together

if u bother a sijh, a cop shud kno 100 will be behind that one person

the entire community shud support any sikh bothered by the police

but we need to stick together

yes this is true but if someone who claims to be sikh is actually a bad person we should not support them in anyway.

do cops in UK carry guns?

but it depends who u thinkis a bad person

dont judge to quickly veera

the people u think might be bad might be better than any one of us

people have avery closed minded view on wat a bad person is

using this agasint us, gora can make us turn agasint each other

dont let them outsmart us

ill restate my comment

from the view of the greater society it usually appears that minority communities have higher rates of crime and people usually think that this is because the comunity supports those who commit crime and do not want to follow tha laws of the country they have adopted. even though most people in these communities are good law abiding citizens the whole comunity will be marked with this stereotype that is why it is important to not support those who commit petty crime and gain a good reputation with the wider population.

yes many cops are racist. or if they arent they are still more likely to treat certain minority groups different when theyhave to deal with them. but is that really racism? no it is fear. they are scared of being assaulted so they address the situation differently when dealing with some one of a race who is stitistically more likely to commit a crime or assault on an officer. keep in mind i am assesing the situation in america things might be different in the UK

get respect from society?

society can respcut us if they want

if they treat us like crap, well take our respect

i really dunt care much about wa the wider community thinks about us

our hisotry is much more proud than any ive read

look canadas a great country

i was born here, and im also proud that its such a great country

but im much much more proud to be asikh, and punjabi

if one of my punjabi brothers is a gud person, and u CAN tell who is, and they are convicted of a crime

i will STILL support tha veer

when u start thinking of all punjabis and sikhs as ure true brothers, ull understand

if we ever reach this understanding, well never be disrespected

our community will easily be the most pwoeful in any country if we stay united

now a "sikh" who kills a women during a robbery i have NO RESPECT for

i spit on that person

but no many apani do this

we do everything with respect and honour

most of us do anywyas. hopefully the younger generation wont turn into bet wannabes and keep our morals and values alive

cops are sometimes gud, and some have genually good hears and intentions

i respect thoe cops. I respect any person with gud heart and intentions

but we cant be scared of anyone ever, and we gotta do wa we know is right

canada says dont keep weapons. bUT U sud keep weapons, all the time

thas one of the differences between punjabis and the traditional canadians

but we share many values, which is y we all live peacefully for the most of it

• 1 year later...

Sadly the British Police and Labour Government can not be trusted on the issue of crime, disorder and justice.

Coming up to the 30th Death Anniversary of Blair Peach the Police can not only be seen as racist but certainly the evidence is mounting they are becoming Fascist and even worse 'unaccountable'. I am beginning to see now very little difference with corrupt Police Forces from abroad and the British Police!

Remember Blair Peach, Stephen Lawrence, Ricky Reel :@

BBC NEWS

Criminal case call over G20 death

The Liberal Democrats are demanding a criminal inquiry after video footage of the G20 protest showed a police officer pushing over a man who later died.

Newspaper vendor Ian Tomlinson, 47, who was walking home from work, suffered a heart attack afterwards outside the Bank of England in central London.

Lib Dem justice spokesman David Howarth said the footage showed a "sickening and unprovoked attack" by police.

The IPCC is investigating and said it would examine the footage.

The pictures, shot at 1929 BST (1829 GMT) at Royal Exchange Passage, initially show Mr Tomlinson, who was not protesting, walking away from a group of police officers.

He then receives a two-handed push from an officer, landing heavily before remonstrating with the police.

“ The officer concerned and the other officers shown in the video must immediately come forward ”

David Howarth Lib Dem justice spokesman

Mr Tomlinson collapsed and died of a heart attack after walking to nearby Cornhill, where he received first aid from police.

A New York fund manager recorded the footage, believed to be the last showing Mr Tomlinson alive.

He said he came forward with the video because the vendor's family "were not getting any answers".

Reacting to the footage, Mr Howarth said: "This video clearly shows an unprovoked attack by a police officer on a passer-by. It is sickening.

"There must be a full-scale criminal investigation. The officer concerned and the other officers shown in the video must immediately come forward."

Daniel Sandford, BBC Home Affairs correspondent, said of the footage: "This is now going to raise some more serious questions about the police behaviour on that night.

"Why is it that one of the officers walks up to a man who appears to be walking away from him?"

The Guardian newspaper obtained the video and it plans to hand it to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC).

An IPCC spokeswoman said: "We are now attempting to recover this evidence.

"We will be assessing this along with the other statements and photographs that have already been submitted."

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said it would not be appropriate to comment while the IPCC investigation was continuing.

Earlier, Mr Tomlinson's family made an appeal for witnesses.

A statement from the family said: "Ian was a massive football fan and would have looked distinctive in his Millwall top.

"He was probably on his way back from work to watch the England match and got caught up in the crowds."

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/engl...don/7989027.stm

Published: 2009/04/08 04:31:44 GMT

© BBC MMIX

Also did you see on the news, there was a policeman who ran over a girl, because he was driving too fast, without sirens or lights on. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3970105.ece

And the police who killed that man at G20 even though he was innocent. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7991206.stm

Everyone is corrupt, especially the Government. The police show no mercy, they only work for money. This is true for all of them, if they didn't get paid they would not do their jobs. However it is a Sikh's duty to protect and serve too, but we don't paid. The law enforcers should be God's saints. and it will be soon.

Please listen to the message of this boy.

He is called Palden Dorje, he is one of God's saints. The discovery channel filmed him for 9 days straight, he had no food or water, and he is still alive. Scientists say this guy should be dead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_Bahadur_Bomjon please read about him.