Santh

(This KKV using Akhalee Nihang Baba Hardeesh Singh Jee Welling Vahleh's account)

I wanted to know you know in Sukhmanee Saahb after:

Sah'lohk

Santh Saran Joh Jan Par'eh So Jan ODhran'haar ||

Sanh Kee Nindhaa Naankaa Bohur Bohur Avthaar. ||1||

and then you got:

Asth'Padhee

Santh Keh Dhookhan Aarjaa Ghateh ||

I don't MEAN to say etc etc (the dots) but I don't want to write the WHOLE of the Asth'Padhee out so scuse me!

What my question is: You know the referal of 'Santh' in this Banee WHO is called a Santh? Like is it Saadh Sangath? Anyone that recognises Siree Guroo Granth Sahib Jee as Guroo? Its like the whole concept with being a Sikh - who can call themselves Sikh/Santh? Anyone thats taken Amrith?? I may be going into depth but if EVERYONE gets knocked by the Panj Chohr and the rest ever now and again how do we stand and say we're Sikhs? Am PROPER confused - situation with me is no point reading Gurbanee if I dont understand it so help a Bhenj please? :@

p.s. thanks harry!

Today, people have given different meanings to the term "sant"

But the true meaning of Sant is living god on earth, Someone who has realised his true self - GOD, Someone who has completely defeated the 5 evils and desires of this world, someone who is ONE with GOD.

The term True Sant, Brahm Gianee, SatGuru, Gurmukh have same meaning and classify the same which is 1 GOD in the form of human body on Earth.

Examples, 10 Gurus, past gurus i.e. hindu gurus etc.

• 6 months later...

WJKK WJKF

Sant is not a person being describe here. sant mean anyone who chant name of god... everyone is sant as long as they reconize their duties abt why he/she came to world and what they are doing..

so basically they are mainly concentration in NINDA. they its the worst thing for sikh to do.. Sikh is Prohibited to do NINDA.. so we always suppose to talk about the ONE. the ONE who decides.

IF we cant say good thing abt the person we have no right saying bad thing abt it tooo..

I hope it helps..

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

Sant is not a person being describe here. sant mean anyone who chant name of god... everyone is sant as long as they reconize their duties abt why he/she came to world and what they are doing..

so basically they are mainly concentration in NINDA. they its the worst thing for sikh to do.. Sikh is Prohibited to do NINDA.. so we always suppose to talk about the ONE. the ONE who decides.

IF we cant say good thing abt the person we have no right saying bad thing abt it tooo..

I hope it helps..

WJKK WJKF

there is more to it than that. Even if we do our duty, we cannot be considered sants.

Please see my posts in this thread for an in-depth explanation:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showto...21&hl=sants

real sants include Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale, Sant Maskeen Ji, Kartar Singh Bhindranwale and some others... But who are real sants in todays world?

just a note: Sant Singh Maskeen ji's first name is "Sant". it's not a title. :)

(not that i don't believe he's sant material, he surely was!)