Cannabis

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Jassa Singh Sahib Ji, Misl Bhangian fought many a battle and had great leaders and done a lot for the Khalsa Panth, they had great warriors such as Shaheed Bhai Lehna Singh. I can post more on them later from a few books I have got which go into great detail about the Misl period.

As for Jathedar Akali Baba Nihal Singh Ji and Akali Baba Vajeer Singh doing chatka and taking bhang, I have the honour of having Panthic Nihang Singh Sangat who have lived with these great Gursikhs and they assured me they do not condone these practises and urge the Singhs around them not to either UNTIL there is an ACTUAL NEED to do it e.g for survival.

"Maharaja" Ranjit Singh was not a Khalsa, hence why we lost Khalsa Raj. He was known to be a whisky drinker and have affairs with women. Jathedar Akali Phoola Singh Ji was the backbone of the Khalsa Raj then not Ranjit Singh. When Akali Phoola Singh Ji gave Shaheedi Khalsa Raj fell and we lost everything to the British.

Jai Tegang Sahib made a very valid point about Singhs taking bhang in order to digest food properly such as tree bark.

Like i said in my previous post I am not bashing any one, I follow Nihang Maryada myself but I listen to what Maharaj says about chatka and bhang and from what Maharaj says this cannot be practised and no man has the right to try and over rule what Maharaj says, im sure we can all agree on this point?

Also remember this is just my opinion, take from it what you want.

Chalo im off to Gurdwara Sahib, everyone stay in Chardi Kalaa.

Bhull Chukk Maarf Kaarni

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jassa, ranjit singh wasnt a true sikh!

he married muslim woman, had more than 1 wife, drank alcohol, drank bhang, took opium and what not

he may be a great leader

but not a good sikh

and khalsa raj... where is it now??????

khalsa raj only remained such a long time due to some of his khalsa generals like akali phoola singh, hari singh nalwa, ranjodh singh, sham singh attariwala, etc

if they werent there, khalsa raj would have been annexed by 1820 and not 1849

not due to shere punjab!!!

jassa, ranjit singh wasnt a true sikh!

he married muslim woman, had more than 1 wife, drank alcohol, drank bhang, took opium and what not

he may be a great leader

but not a good sikh

and khalsa raj... where is it now??????

khalsa raj only remained such a long time due to some of his khalsa generals like akali phoola singh, hari singh nalwa, ranjodh singh, sham singh attariwala, etc

if they werent there, khalsa raj would have been annexed by 1820 and not 1849

not due to shere punjab!!!

Are you kidding me. The smartest thing Ranjit Singh did was to placate the British whilst the Khalsa armies were being trained in modern warfare. He knew it was inevitable that the two sides would war. He did a lot to swing things in the SIkh direction by modernising them. It is just a shame that the Khalsa were led by traitors. Otherwise history would have been different. The reason Sikhs did so well under him was his diplomatic abilities. They have never managed to find a leader with these since.

huh??

u r kidding, right

if khalsa armies didnt won the pathans they would have taken whole sikh kingdom

and khalsa armies won because of these khalsa lionz! (hari singh nalwa, akali baba phula singh, sham singh attariwala, etc)

What he managed to do was keep the British at bay. This is no small thing seeing as they pretty much invaded anywhere they got an opportunity (they are still trying lol). Look at how soon the British attacked Panjab as soon as Maharaja died. The only reason they didn't do it before was his diplomatic skills.

I'm not saying that people like you mentioned where integral to SIkh success, but then also consider people like the Italian Avitable who tamed Peshawar (albeit using seriously harsh tactics).

I think Veer Mista jee has made some good points. We should follow Gurbani, history is not our guru, whatever it is claimed people have done or taken should not conclude that we should follow the same path.

I also feel that we divided Shahidi of gursikhs according to our sects. No longer is a person considered as a shahid of the Khalsa Panth. If we look at the Gursikhs of the misl period they followed whatever the guru panth Khalsa decided. Do we today follow the guru Panth Khalsa? the same Guru panth khalsa which prohibits nasha. See the difference between Gursikhs then and today? while those gursikhs of the misl period followed the Guru Panth Khalsa, we openly challenge it. And then we say we need panthic ekta.

Sorry for going of topic but Preferance was given By Guru Gobind Singh jee to the Khalsa: Inn he ke kirpa ki sajai ham hai, nah moh soo gareeb karoraprai (Dasam granth). It was not given to the Nihangs, Damdami Tasal, Nirmala etc. All the praise which guru jee gave was to the Khalsa and no one can change what Guru jee wrote. We need to consider these concepts: why do they exist? why was all praise given to the Khalsa? Today we have divided ourselves into certain groups and its so painful to see how this division has corrupted us so much that not only do we try to attach jhata labels to shahids, but we also try to discredit other shahids. Just look at Babbar and Sant Jarnail Singh topic. This is all the consequence of failing to follow the Guru Panth Khalsa.

Look, sukhnidaan is mixed with many other things like lassi etc. When you drink the one who is properly made, you dont get intoxicated. This is not against gurmat because it just contains bhang. When you drink an antibiotic which contains alcohol, it is not against Sikhi. So even this is not against Sikhi. But not if Sukhnidhaan isnt correctly prepared and if it is with too much bhang.

Veer SunnybondSingh jee, im not saying you specifically are. You are simply asking for historical referance, others are questioning shahidi.

I dont think it matters what you mix Sukha with, why drink Sukha? for what purpose? People will take medicine which contains sharab or other drugs because they have an illness and not normally out of choice.