Need Advice

Guest _keskigirl_

Guest _keskigirl_

I agree the guy should start to keep his kes but she says the she doesn't want to ask him to do it for her and that he should start to keep his kes and wear a turban when he his ready. She also says that she will not go against her parents wishes because she does respect them but she feels that her family should support her decision.

well then she should continue tryin to bring him into sikhi until he feels he is ready to wear a turban. then he should go nd ask her parents for her hand. parents only have ONE requirement and that is turban?.... she should wait till he starts to wear turban.

whats the rush?(are the rents pressuring her to get married now?)

she needs to step back a little and think of this situation carefully.

Guest Guest

In regards to the question, "how she will bring him closer to Sikhi after marriage", she cannot guarantee anything but he wants to learn and he has been learning through her and he says he has been reading about sikhi on his own, she feels her family should not discriminate against him just becuase he was not forunate enough to be bought up around sikhi.

In regards to the question,"whats the rush?" Yes, her parents are pressuring her and have been pressuring her to find someone on her own and she has always been looking for a gursikh boy but has had no luck and she met him through work and was friends with him for 1 year before they got together.

Her parents never helped her find someone and left it to her but now she is 30 and they are getting stressed out because she is not married yet. Their only requirements are that he keeps his kes and wears a turban, just like them, noone is her immediate family has taken amrit.

She says she has thought everything through and she doesn't understand why she has to sacrfice her happiness.

I feel there is no solution to this problem :S because they both think they are right and it's difficult because I do understand both points of view. I don't know how to resolve the problem as both sides are upset and feel that the other person doesnt care about how they are

feeling.

She is still quite young. Even if she were not, it is not a difficult thing to set a condtion of him getting his mind ready and taking amrit before marriage. It would also be smart to discuss rahit etc. maybe listen to katha together and discuss it afterwards.

I would recommend gyani thakur singh's katha as their is a lot of anand in it and it's not hard to understand.

Guest hdj
FATEH!

A girl member of my family wants to marry a sikh boy who is does not keep his hair. She says that she loves him and she feels that he is the right person for her but her family is very against it. The family tells her that she is moving away from sikhi by marrying him and she says she is bring him closer to it. Her family says that she has to choose either him or her family but she doesn't understand why they just cannot be happy for her and why their love has to be conditional.

She is very depressed these days and I want to be supportive of her decision but I am still having a hard time with it. She tells me that why should she have to sacrifice her happiness for her family. I do not know what to tell her because she says that he is a really good person and so is his family and she has known him for 1 year.

She says that you can not judge a book by its cover and that she hope him closer to sikhi by teaching him what she knows but she does not want to force it on him.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!

e

I personally do not agree with her parents declining on this basis. What happened to us believing ourselves be the lowest of the low, the dust of the feet of all.

The girls family should be rejoicing that their daughter is in love with a sikh boy, not one of a different religion, and that he makes her happy! Bhagat Kabir ji had no hair and he was most loved by Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Everyone deserves a chance and everyone holds the same divine light, she obviously thinks he's a great person. I say that if the girl wants to give him a chance and encourage him to embrace god then why not let her do her seva and be happy at the same time...Im sure her families giving her enough grief to make up for yours so I'd just be there for her as a neutral friend....Wish her all the best and do ardas that they have a very happy life together :)

I personally do not agree with her parents declining on this basis. What happened to us believing ourselves be the lowest of the low, the dust of the feet of all.

The girls family should be rejoicing that their daughter is in love with a sikh boy, not one of a different religion, and that he makes her happy! Bhagat Kabir ji had no hair and he was most loved by Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Everyone deserves a chance and everyone holds the same divine light, she obviously thinks he's a great person. I say that if the girl wants to give him a chance and encourage him to embrace god then why not let her do her seva and be happy at the same time...Im sure her families giving her enough grief to make up for yours so I'd just be there for her as a neutral friend....Wish her all the best and do ardas that they have a very happy life together :)

:umm: mmmmm where exactly did you read/hear/learn of this??