Salary Increase?

Guest Poor Guy

Guest Poor Guy

wjkk wjkf

i know this looks so stupid to ask here, but has any one been in this situation. I have been working very very very hard but my boss does not pay me what i deserve. Can some one tell me how can ask him to look into my salary and possibly increase it by another 40% - 50%. I know it sounds too much, but this is what i deserve now. trust me. :rolleyes:

oh, by the way, I am an IT professional and working in a professional field and have many years experience....lol, sachi. :closedeyes:

wjkk wjkf

wjkk wjkf

i know this looks so stupid to ask here, but has any one been in this situation. I have been working very very very hard but my boss does not pay me what i deserve. Can some one tell me how can ask him to look into my salary and possibly increase it by another 40% - 50%. I know it sounds too much, but this is what i deserve now. trust me. :rolleyes:

oh, by the way, I am an IT professional and working in a professional field and have many years experience....lol, sachi. :closedeyes:

wjkk wjkf

Here what i did to get rise. My experience may help you. I am also in IT in London

1> Work hard and get some of crucial arch work known only to me by making it complicated

2> Update my resume with higher role / responsibility shown.

3> give interview and get selected. My present job was for 35 k. I got 42 k offer

4> after few days when i got my offer. I send e-mail to big bosses moaning about present work anolomies

thus causing stir. Also let system have more problem and not giving real advice as how to fix it. Only moan

5> resign next day. Tell my boss, my moan has nothing to do with it. Basically due to family pressure and also high house market

I have to look for big salary to be on house market & also close to love ones. Though I love to work here.

6> boss talks to big boss. Now here is trick. U have to prepare for leave the job if I have not create a dependency.( read 1st step)

7> Boss offer to pay what is being offered. I says they offer 45 k. Boss say okay. I later though I could have tell them I was offered 48k.

8> But then there is limit to greed.

9> I enter house market last year. #

10> Now I am looking in market for job offer of 55k around. Story goes on till the next climax

Guest peacemaker
4> after few days when i got my offer. I send e-mail to big bosses moaning about present work anolomies

thus causing stir. Also let system have more problem and not giving real advice as how to fix it. Only moan

If by "big bosses", you mean your boss's boss, then I would be thrown out of the company for sure if I ever did that. Your boss probably wouldn't like you going over his or her head in regards to salary without talking to them first. This would likely result in bridges being burnt.

What you did worked in your situation, and I am happy for you, but this surely shouldn't be considered a "guideline" on how to get a raise. It seems like a dangerous game of roulette, IMHO.

Guest G.Kaur

Okay I know this is totally off-topic but it reminds me of an e-mail I got few months ago. It's hilarious.. :lol: Sorry for ruining the topic.

How to ask the boss for a RAISE

Dear Bo$$

In thi$ life, we all need $ome thing mo$t

de$ perately. I think you $hould be under$ tanding of the need$ of u$ worker$ who have given $o much $upport including $ weat and $ervice to your company .

I am $ ure you will gue$$ what I mean and re $ pond $oon .

Your$ $ incerely,

$teven

The next day, the employee received this letter of reply :

I k NOw you have been working very hard.

NO wadays, NOthing much has changed. You must have NOticed that our company is NOt doing NO ticeably well as yet .

NOw the newspaper are saying the world`s leading eco NO mists are NOt sure if South Africa may go into a NOther recession.

I have NO thing more to add NO w. You kNO w what I mean .

Yours truly,

Manager

NOrman

I agree with peacemaker

I don't think you need to give your managers an ultimatum right off the bat. Make a meeting, do what others have said, look at your job description, look at the roles you satisfy, and how you exceed them, and point this out, and use that as your justification.

Certainly, if you feel you're worth 30% or 40% more, then you'll be able to find another firm that feels the same way (if this is your true market value). I don't think you can expect that jump to happen overnight from where you are today, to expect it to go up by 40% tomorrow.

But if you love where you work, if there's an open culture, your superiors have good open-door policies about these things, then it's worth pursuing this. Talk to your HR department and see what they say about the situation as well.

And then, if still you feel like you're being ignored, then find another job that pays you what you expect to be paid. Go through the process, and before you accept that offer, let your bosses here know what the situation is, that you found another place that's paying you more. It helps if you're genuine and accountable. You earn credibility that way, and you don't burn bridges.... if 10 years from now you decide you want to come back to this firm in a supervisory role, it'll only help to leave on good terms.

If by "big bosses", you mean your boss's boss, then I would be thrown out of the company for sure if I ever did that. Your boss probably wouldn't like you going over his or her head in regards to salary without talking to them first. This would likely result in bridges being burnt.

What you did worked in your situation, and I am happy for you, but this surely shouldn't be considered a "guideline" on how to get a raise. It seems like a dangerous game of roulette, IMHO.

A little off topic but peacemaker i clicked your link about not judging peopl but it turned out to be the one about not stealing! :p

Why did i tell you this? Because knowing is half the battle!

Guest peacemaker
A little off topic but peacemaker i clicked your link about not judging peopl but it turned out to be the one about not stealing! :p

Why did i tell you this? Because knowing is half the battle!

You rock!!!! You just made my day for doing that!! Thanks! By the way, I had the one about judging people, but decided to show another lesson because I had that video there for a few weeks. I think I'll leave my signature as judging people because that's the one that I liked the most! Here is the judging video! :p

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1AjcDW7zIY8