Should Controversial Topics be allowed?

Sewadar

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should Controversial Topics be allowed?

• Yes
    • No

The main point is that since sikhism is supposed to be a very practical religion avoiding any topic that may be controversial is ignorant. The reason that I respect sikhism so much is because it is meant to be able to deal with all issues. I also think its wrong to get rid of topics just because people argue and you want the forum to "look" better. That is like dressing up and showing off. Sikhs shouldnt do fake things like that. I know nobody is completely chardikala but blocking topics wont help u become that way, having to deal with them will! I still dont agree with some topics that were closed either.

The main point is that since sikhism is supposed to be a very practical religion avoiding any topic that may be controversial is ignorant.
no... not ignorant.... remember, this is a YOUTH forum.. not a forum filled with 100% knowledgeable gursikhs and elders... sure, some of the members are.. but not enough to legitimize full issues like the ones you are looking for.
The reason that I respect sikhism so much is because it is meant to be able to deal with all issues.

And the reason i respect sikhism is the same reason... but the issues are already dealth with.. as i mentioned in my first post, Akal Takht has settled and dealt with these issues.. they're resolved.. what more do you want?

I also think its wrong to get rid of topics just because people argue and you want the forum to "look" better. That is like dressing up and showing off.
arguing generally means anger.. when you argue with your parents or

your siblings, you're angry.. you don't HATE, but you're angry. and that oculd LEAD to hate. do we really need MORE anger among ourselves?? Yeah, sikhs should have the power to debate, and the problem is that too many people here (me included), think we're each better and more correct than the other.. that's where things go wrong... it's not debate when it ends up as personal insults and attacks...

i don't know if you remember, but there was a post once, where a singh got so mad at another, that he gave his phone number out, and challenged the other singh to call him to say stuff face to face with him.

see how "easily" these issues lead to hate?

Sikhs shouldnt do fake things like that. I know nobody is completely chardikala but blocking topics wont help u become that way, having to deal with them will!

are you sure about that? will it really make us chardikalaa? we've had enough of these arguments to make us all SANTS then... this isn't a new thing you're bringing up bhanji.. controversial topics go back for the longest time.. if that BUILDS our chardikalaa-ness, then we really should all be sants by now... but it just doesn't, and that's why we're not..

if anything, it increases more rifts... it becomes a "i'm right, you're wrong, i don't wanna associate with you because you don't think like me" type of situation.

no offense was intended..

fateh

And the reason i respect sikhism is the same reason... but the issues are already dealth with.. as i mentioned in my first post, Akal Takht has settled and dealt with these issues.. they're resolved.. what more do you want?

what do u mean they're already "resolved"? if people have something to say about an issue they should be able to.