Any1 A Primary Teacher? Need Help For Interview Yr2

Amrit

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

well congratulations first of all on gettin the interview=)

now to the lesson plan (if there is no one from england here to help u just let me know)

England curriculum? i am not very familiar with uk's standards and all so would be helpful to know what 2nd graders are learning. also would be helpful to get information on new framework?what is it?

30 min lesson=) ..did they give u a topic? provide as much information u can here plz.

how many students?(yes it matters a lot). ..i hve more questions but i just need to know this much for right now{will ask more later}

if no ones there to help u just*from uk) let me know...with guru sahibs kirpa i'll try to help u as much as i can...

when do u have to teach this lesson?

hopefully someone from here can get u in contact with uk teacher(s).

:D :D :D i HOPEFULLY wana be a primary teacher :D

penje...plss give more detail pls?

i would love to help.... if i dont knw then i can ask my teacher in yr 4... my work placement teacher can ask yr 2's teacher.

but..... plss tiny bit more info pls

:D thnx

vjkk vjkf

Thank you for your support!

there are 23 children in the class, 1 lsa who is not allocated to a child. level range from p8-2b. English new Framework for english.

All they have said is choose a poem suitable for yr2 so i was thinking the NIng nang nong by spike mulligan and to do some sort speaking and listening. the school is really big on VAK and accellerated learning.

thank you

VJkk Vjkf

wjkk wjkf!

oh dont be so formal jio...=)

ok so

one thing though whats >>level range from p8-2b??? plz in plain english..=(

VAK (had to google...cuz we call it 'learning styles') is big every where. so they want u to teach for 30 mins or 10-15/20 mins of teaching and then u ask the students to do a task?

i am not aware of that poem either let me google it here agian lol

well ur lesson should be very creative. u can do so much with poems. even books...it really doesnt matter. the poem sounds funny yet so much could be done with it to connect our different types of learners.

what are u thinking of doin with children?

one of the ideas that came to my mine was..(if have to give them a task and not just lecture learning) to have them listen to the poem and then draw what they heard? (hopefully they havent seen youtube video on this poem hahaha) some like drawing{this is for visual learners}...for kinesthetic

have the kids perform (drama or some kind of skit play...etc) act out the poem...one person becomes the monkey..one the cow... one the teapot etc etc and make different sounds hahahah

now for the auditory..well they heard the poem innit now its their time to use their other intelligence (Gardner's intelligence theory) or they could make their own poem

well before u have them do this or u plan on doin this with um...

u know how they make us ask these questions at uni? AND this IS WHAT I REALLY WANNA KNOW FROM U TOO:

what is ur objective for the lesson? what do u want them to get out of this lesson at the end of it? what are they going to be taking home ?(what skill they learning or what new knowledge they acquiring from ur lesson)

hope u know what i mean?

cuz the whole lesson plan depends on our objective/goal...so depending on what u want them to be learning.. the idea i gave could be of NO USE AT ALL=)

u know that there is a difference between US and brit schools

so im tryin to get an idea of how it works there...and what is taught..and what u want to do

u can google and get awesome lessons plans...or read ur language arts uni book u prolly used. they always give example lessons and connect them to our students( VAK)

but if u need help with planning the lesson... please let me know ;)

i love doing that stuff (go overboard sometimes lol)

hope this is of some help... but if u wanna discuss this further thn we can either do it here or exchange e-mail adz

akal sahai!

wjkk wjkf!

one more thing...

they are prolly going to check if u can manage ur classroom as well(this is the biggest thing out of all). so what u need to do is find out what classroom management strategies are used in the class u are going to be teaching. find out from the teacher so u can use the SAME RULES students are used too. kids want consistency and it is hard for them to learn new rules and follow them JUST FOR U FOR ONE DAY!

~akal~

have the kids perform (drama or some kind of skit play...etc) act out the poem...one person becomes the monkey..one the cow... one the teapot etc etc and make different sounds hahahah

now for the auditory..well they heard the poem innit now its their time to use their other intelligence (Gardner's intelligence theory) or they could make their own poem

lol thts an awesome idea!! :D

well the title sounds like the poem is funny (n somewhat about sounds) so they should try to build on tht..like make a lil poem with the same sorta idea and then share it in groups :)

On the Ning Nang Nong

Where the Cows go Bong!

And the Monkeys all say Boo!

There's a Nong Nang Ning

Where the trees go Ping!

And the tea pots Jibber Jabber Joo.

On the Nong Ning Nang

All the mice go Clang!

And you just can't catch 'em when they do!

So it's Ning Nang Nong!

Cows go Bong!

Nong Nang Ning!

Trees go Ping!

Nong Ning Nang!

The mice go Clang![/size][/font]

What a noisy place to belong,

Is the Ning Nang Ning Nang Nong!!

Ok penje… if im right ^^ that’s the poem?

Lool… soo cute

How about you get some instruments, line some children up in a line..and address them with an animal.

So one child is the cow, ones the monkey, some are mice, some are trees etc etc

As their part comes in… they play there instrument? Or they can shout it aloud, For example, when it says ‘and the monkeys say’

U say that

And the children say ‘BOO’

?

And when it comes to this

‘’There's a Nong Nang Ning’’

Make the whole class shout that?

This way…the whole class is engaged. Normally children learn by sounds so I would say something like this would be great! I was told to read a class a book, the book to me was dead boring lol, but just made sounds like the characters did…and the whole class loved it lol. So yeah.. Make ur lesson as fun as possible. Children love exaggeration: P lool. :lol:

And kaur khalisatani lioness penje has said a lot of nice things : )

All the best.

vjkk vjkf

Thank you!

Right here's what I've decided to do.

L.O. - To recite a poem with appropriate intonation and expression.

First I'm gonna read the poem in the wrong way, so basically no expression, monotone, really boring. Then get the kids to feedback - did I read it out well? Why not?

Next split children into small groups with at least with one good reader in each group. Rest of the class direct the best reader on how to read the poem, using points they fed back.

plenary Perform and then use plenary triangle to assess learning. - What have you learnt from what you Saw, Heard, Did?

How does that sound???

I'm trying not to get them too hyper so that I can manage them as its going to be a class that I know.

I think we should have our own little section on this site or something, it would be really good to swap ideas etc - especially from the other countries.

Vjkk Vjkf

Thanks again!

vjkk vjkf

one more thing...

they are prolly going to check if u can manage ur classroom as well(this is the biggest thing out of all). so what u need to do is find out what classroom management strategies are used in the class u are going to be teaching. find out from the teacher so u can use the SAME RULES students are used too. kids want consistency and it is hard for them to learn new rules and follow them JUST FOR U FOR ONE DAY!

~akal~

Wicked idea! I never thought about it like that

thanx. :D

vjkk vjkf

Thank you!

Right here's what I've decided to do.

L.O. - To recite a poem with appropriate intonation and expression.

First I'm gonna read the poem in the wrong way, so basically no expression, monotone, really boring. Then get the kids to feedback - did I read it out well? Why not?

Next split children into small groups with at least with one good reader in each group. Rest of the class direct the best reader on how to read the poem, using points they fed back.

plenary Perform and then use plenary triangle to assess learning. - What have you learnt from what you Saw, Heard, Did?

How does that sound???

I'm trying not to get them too hyper so that I can manage them as its going to be a class that I know.

I think we should have our own little section on this site or something, it would be really good to swap ideas etc - especially from the other countries.

vjkk vjkf

vjkk vjkf

yeah, that sounds really good penje :D when is it?? let us know how it goes. if i think of anything else, will post here asap :)

hahaha thats soo true, dotn try and get them hyper, or else they will be bouncing off the walls :umm: kids get hyped tooo quik :lol:

in my year 4 class, i asked some children what their struggling with, and they all told me their 6 times table....

so any idea how should i teach them?

i was thinking of writting it out, then making them write them again and again, but that sounds dead boring..... whats a fun way where they could learn their 6 times table??

p.s. sorry to hogg ur thread :p

fatehjee