Anand Karaj, Women

Guest gobinday

well seing as you talked about Sant Bhindranwale, i would like to say that Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale said that women should go in front of men in Lavaan, there is no difference between man and women, they are equal

if you think taht men should go in front then it just shows me that you think men are superior

and no its not 'tradition' there is no specification if a woman or man should go in front and there have been Anand Karaj where the woman is in front

Dude u gotta relax a bit. Just do it at ur wedding, then every1s happy

Guest _sahiba_

i remember a wihle ago someone told me that its all about perspective and how you look at the situation. just because a woman walks behind a man, doesn't make her inferior.

what if you looked at it this way. think of the couple as a horse drawn carriage, and the woman has the reigns in her hands

like i said, its all about perspective

Yea do it at your wedding first before you try to go and change it for everyone. Its easier said than done, and I'm sure the granthi or someone will stick their foot in and object to it so good luck.

Guest gobinday

yeah i am going to do it at my wedding IF i have one like i said, please read above before posting

Yea do it at your wedding first before you try to go and change it for everyone. Its easier said than done, and I'm sure the granthi or someone will stick their foot in and object to it so good luck.

in what way is it easier said than done? i dont know whether to laugh or cry at that comment

by placing the bibi in front are u inferiorizing the singh?

may be they shud go sidebyside,

no wait, the one would be closer to maharaj and one further, dammit

one cud sit on the others shoulders...

but then they'd be higher up as well, again, not fair

maybe they shud make maharaj do the laavaa around te couple?

but that wud be blasphemous

they shud put an antigravitational field around maharaj, and then the couple can orbitaround instead of walking the laavaa

by placing the bibi in front are u inferiorizing the singh?

may be they shud go sidebyside,

no wait, the one would be closer to maharaj and one further, dammit

one cud sit on the others shoulders...

but then they'd be higher up as well, again, not fair

maybe they shud make maharaj do the laavaa around te couple?

but that wud be blasphemous

they shud put an antigravitational field around maharaj, and then the couple can orbitaround instead of walking the laavaa

ROFL.

well seing as you talked about Sant Bhindranwale, i would like to say that Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale said that women should go in front of men in Lavaan, there is no difference between man and women, they are equal

wrong.

hope this answers your question.

note Sant Ji also describes those people who kickstart these sort of pointless debates and controversies as Naastiks. when we look at Sikhi we shouldn't bring our own westernised mindset with us. women were being treated like dirt in the west when our Gurus taught that they should be given respect.