Cheap Sarangi

mophlrkb

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wjkk wjkf, i doubt it.... not too many ppls sell their musical instruments coz if u really enjoy any instrument then it becomes your best friend and it gives you a company when you are alone. but keep trying, ask local gurughar or ask a dhaadi jatha... sometimes they sell their musical instrument just before they go back to india.

good luck.

wjkk wjkf

Vaheguroo,

If you are still looking I might be able to help you. We supply sarangis for under £100 and the profit made goes to seva for the orphans and other children at Jawaddi Taksal. Let me know if you are inerested!

Gurfateh

A Saaj is a life long investment, if I were you I would save up and buy a proper high quality like the ones that Raj Academy sell, that is if you want to do Gurmat Sangeet with it. Because there is a massive difference between a Dhadi Jatha (folk) Sarangi and a Classical Sarangi.

Drop me a pm and ill give you some more details on classes and where to pick one up for a good price ;)

AnandSahib veer/bhen, can you post some pics of the sarangis you sell and do tell whether they are fork or classical.

Vaheguroo,

The sarangi that we are offering is a classical sarangi. The instruments are made at Jawaddi Taksal, Ludhiana www.jawadditaksal.org where dilruba, authentic raba, taus etc are also made. The instruments are sold for approx. £80.00 with a courier charge of about £20. The quality cannot be faulted. The only thing I would say is that the top strings are not of the best quality and I always replace my students strings with better quality strings when the instruments arrive in the country. Jawaadi saaj are sold making a minimum profit which goes back into running the taksaal. I would not recommend a sarangi to anyone if I thought it was of inferior quality. I too understand that a sarangi is a life long investment.

Gurfateh