Cheap Sarangi

mophlrkb

that is not a classical sarangi, also i wudnt trust no online site which buys saaj off the maker and then sells them on.

If you want a proper saaj speak to the craftsman. Best way

and charhdikalaa before you go on saying we have our own craftsmen, please dont because i know how all you people work. you probably buy the saaj from calcutta music hourse who propogate Shoddy work and shoddy sound.

If you want a top quality saaj buy outside of punjab.

Havent seen a jawadi saaj therefore cant comment. Outside of punjab is always best though.

My two yen

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK this is getting all rather confusing.

For someone like me know is a total novice, a cheap and simple sarangi to start off with is ok?

Where do you suggest we get one that is outside of Punjab?

I would imagine most sellers would get theirs from India anyway and just add 300% commission????

I've asked my Thia to bring one over when he comes in 3 weeks anyway, so we shall see.

that is not a classical sarangi, also i wudnt trust no online site which buys saaj off the maker and then sells them on.

and charhdikalaa before you go on saying we have our own craftsmen, please dont because i know how all you people work. you probably buy the saaj from calcutta music hourse who propogate Shoddy work and shoddy sound.

Havent seen a jawadi saaj therefore cant comment. Outside of punjab is always best though.

My two yen

jawadeeee saajs ROCK!!

das wah mines iss v.gooddd nd niceee

get it from anandsahib... (ma ustaad and mahapurkh of southeast england!! lol......yes bhenjee i no who u r!!!)

:)

My two yen

excuse me but i have a jawaddi taksaal saaj and they are of highest quality-and atleast ur money will go to a good cause

buy a jawaddi taksaal one

all CharhdiKalaa TANDI SAAZ are made in LUCKNOW (i think thats outside Punjab, is it or not? :S )

by muslim karigars and use original catgut and other material.

Our Sarangi is a professional - classical sarangi.

We have sent Sarangis/dilruba/saranda to UK/Canada/US and the customers are Sikhsangat and other sikh sites users.

our products are better than Raj Musicals

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=33376&hl=

all CharhdiKalaa TANDI SAAZ are made in LUCKNOW (i think thats outside Punjab, is it or not? :S )

by muslim karigars and use original catgut and other material.

Our Sarangi is a professional - classical sarangi.

We have sent Sarangis/dilruba/saranda to UK/Canada/US and the customers are Sikhsangat and other sikh sites users.

our products are better than Raj Musicals

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=33376&hl=

better than raj musicals? Tell what rlegitimate research has gone behind you making your dilrubas in accordance to the "Sikh" concept, and as for your Sarande i have hand held one of yours and i must say the workmanship was very shoddy, in fact it came broken (a friend of mine regretfully bought one of you) Lucknow! You must be having a laugh, they have no concept as to what sikh saaj are meant to look like let alone sound like.

And its TANTI SAAJ not TANDI.

Now your going to get hot and bothered because my comments hurt, but the truth of the matter is, your a bussiness man and not a musician and therefore dont no a donkeys tail about saaj.

Think twice before comparing or better still exhalting yourself above Raj Musicals because my friend no one can beat their saaj. Their taus is the most accurate piece in accordance to the style and time of Satguru Gobind SIngh Ji Maharaj, what research, puratan blueprints have you got to prove your pakistani saaj are the best?

OK this is getting all rather confusing.

For someone like me know is a total novice, a cheap and simple sarangi to start off with is ok?

Where do you suggest we get one that is outside of Punjab?

I would imagine most sellers would get theirs from India anyway and just add 300% commission????

I've asked my Thia to bring one over when he comes in 3 weeks anyway, so we shall see.

I would reccomend you email some sarangi maestros. Go delhi you will get an excellent saaj from there. Go see the karigar, speak to them ask them questions. After all a saaj is for life.