Guru Granth Sahib On Cd

Guest Guest-

Guest Guest-

WJKK WJKF

Sangat Ji I was wondering, If someone were to record audio of someone reading the entire Guru Granth Sahib and put it on a volume of cd's (which someone probably has), would those cd's become the Guru Granth Sahib? (become's probably not the best word but I can't think of a better one.) Would those cd's have to be treated like Guru Ji is in the gurudwara? Just wondering, I haven't actually done this.

WJKK WJKF

Since CDs do not constitute the saroop of Guru Granth Sahib Ji, the answer to your question is no...they wouldn't have to treated and given the same reverance as we do to the formal saroop of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. However, that being said...I would recommend you keep the CDs with great respect once you obtain them (i.e. keep them in a neat, tidy place...similar to a place you would keep gutkas)

I have copies of entire paath of Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. Its in Mp3 format and comes on two discs. I am sure you'd be available to get these from your local Gurdwara as I've seen a lot of them around. Mine was given to me as a personal gift by someone. Are you in Canada, US, or UK?

Guest shastr

there is sehaj paath done by bhai balbir singh ji sidki. you can find it at www.gurbaniupdesh.com

just go to the "mp3 player" tab at the top of home page. then click "gurbani ucharan". then "bhai balbir singh ji sidki", and u'll see "paath sri guru granth sahib ji". but u can get the cd too. which should be easy in canada. "amrit bani" is the name of the set. includes lots of kaths done by giani takhur singh ji, also some veechar done by baba jarnail singh ji, along with the sahej paath. i think theres like 10 or 12 cd's total. really good stuff.

if you cant find anything, let me know, i could just mail u a copy of the sehaj paath cd's.