Khalistan? A Delusional Idea?

wjkk

wjkf

sangat jio, i find this topic hard to bring to light but i believe it must be done. I have several points about "Khalistan" which i feel i must bring to attention.

I feel that khalistan will never exist as it has such a negative image to the whole of the world and is openly portrayed as a terrorist state by most, even so called "sikhs" view that particular political movement as terrorism. It does not help that our websites for khalistan show apne maraudering aroud with ak-47's when the actual fact is that there probably were a contingent of "singhs"with no polictical motive but to kill people. Im trying to say that not all people from that period were proper shaheeds and some people just jumped on the bandwagon. Basically i urge my fellow youths not to competely idolise pictures of every singh carrying a ak-47, not everyone was a hero.

My second point brings across an idea, Khalistan has been labelled by most people a taboo/terrorist subject. Perhaps the idealogy of a seperate country with a different name that allows rights for sikhs as well as hindus and muslims which is situated in punjab, this country would oppose the wrong doings against sikhs and be free from any "terrorist" labeling. Then who could argue with that country??

i understand where you're coming from, but i would like to inform you that the moghal emporers called the Sikh gurus terrorists. So if our Guru can be labelled a terorist by a terrorist, then if a terrorist calls me a terrorist for wanting the same freedoms that he himself enjoys, then i have no qualms with that.

im all for the idealogy of khalistan but just think that due to all it's bad press it will never happen. If a new, different, fresh idea was posed, all the terrorist allegations would disappear

-- ie a country named [suitable name} which accomadates all religions and satisfies the sikhs fully (by means of fulfilling anandpur sahib resolution) and keeps the whole of the punjab in the condition the guru wanted it to be in. This new country would be against the unjust killings by hindus to sikhs and other minorities in the last 20 years and will be governed mainly by gursikhs.

^ the above is basically khalistan without the bad press.

To clarify my previous post, it basically says that during the 80's there was some terrorist activities by dumb angry people with no political knowledge, these people gave the government a chance to create the terrorist label associated with khalistan.

im all for the idealogy of khalistan but just think that due to all it's bad press it will never happen. If a new, different, fresh idea was posed, all the terrorist allegations would disappear

-- ie a country named [suitable name} which accomadates all religions and satisfies the sikhs fully (by means of fulfilling anandpur sahib resolution) and keeps the whole of the punjab in the condition the guru wanted it to be in. This new country would be against the unjust killings by hindus to sikhs and other minorities in the last 20 years and will be governed mainly by gursikhs.

^ the above is basically khalistan without the bad press.

To clarify my previous post, it basically says that during the 80's there was some terrorist activities by dumb angry people with no political knowledge, these people gave the government a chance to create the terrorist label associated with khalistan.

The way things are going about in India, India is going to surely get divided in the near future and will suffer lots of destruction and devastation. Naxalites have become really strong. They must surely be getting lots of support from China. North east is a big trouble for India. Then there are 25 crore muslims to ruin India. India imports more than 75% of oil(now thats game over).

In the future there will be food shortages, riots, wars, anarchy.

After this devastation, I feel there will be khalsa raj that will include all the 5 Takhts and will be ruled by Guroo roop Punj Pyare.

Regarding the KHalistan movement, it was one of the most successul movements as compared with the other freedom movements going around in this world. A dusht PM,CM and Army chief were sent to hell.

But if u compare the khalistan movement with the 18th century, it was pretty poor. Lots of people sold out to money and became touts, lots of people used khalistan to get settled in Uk,usa and canada.

The khalsa spirit of the 18 century was definately missing in this khalistan movement. But I feel future is surely going to be different.

RAJ KAREGA KHALSA

• 2 weeks later...

Punjab would be best if it stayed in india but the sikhs grew stronger financially and with education. Look at the jews and how much power they have in america yet they have bin attacked for more then 1000 years and their are only 500 000 jews in america

Punjab has to many problems if punjab became khalistan today it would become a very

poor country

half the youth are addicted to drugs

the number of youth dropping out of school is rising

most people in punjab don't know what sikhi is and many go to mandirs and pandits

Farmers are in huge trouble all across india including punjab, farming isn't profitable as it use to be and many farmers have spent and borrowed more money then they could handle similary to what is happining in america were you have ppl spending more money then they make and putting it on credit paying 18% interest and don't forget the housing mess which has set record bankruptcy's

Don't forget punjab's economy is growing at 3% a year which is horrible compared to rest of india