Why Read Gurbani Daily?

Sikhi4Ever

Understanding Gurbani (Paricha Shabad Ka)

asr.jpg

Sikhs are required to regularly read and understand the Gurbani written within the Guru Granth Sahib. Gurbani teaches God's virtues and how they can be revealed to us.

The daily recitation of hymns reminds us repeatedly of the pitfalls of egotism, anger, lust, attachment, and greed. The hymns encourage readers to develop good character by constantly reminding that these virtues bring peace.

Sikhs accept the word of the Guru as their guide. They regard the Guru Granth Sahib as their living Guru because from Gurbani, they obtain the spiritual guidance they need.

I was reading about a scientific study that was done a while ago. Although I can't give you a source, I still remember the main concept.

It was concluded that repetition is the key to breaking old habits !

So, for example, if one wants to quit smoking, then by repeating "I wont smoke!" whole day, it will be easier to quit !

I was quite amazed to read this article. If I come across it again, I will surely post it here.