Jealousy

priyap

um bascally im feeling really jealous of my fellow peers who hav good results than me although i know and so does God that i worked hard.i know when i was little i had a small problem with jealousy but i tackled that.but i dont want to feel this but i feel so like "he/she does this n that n they got that grade" or "he/she is going to so n so uni but they do this".

i just feel really hurt bcs i worked so hard by this all although i do get to go uni with my friends but not the one i wanted.either way i feel really gulity for having these really petty feelings towards others those who my own friends when i should be happy.but i jsut cant except this and belive that God has done this because i tried so hard.

Accept what God givese you, not them. Being in your head/body is your problem. You are trying to be in their head/body. You only are you. being jealous is just blinding your good attributes from yourself and you forget.

You karma is your karma.

Dont do anything seeking a reward, it sounds like you are saying "I did this for 2 weeks with no reward so I quit etc"

Make the world you friend. Once you see them as ur close mates u'll be happy for them :)

Guru Nanak Dev ji to Doctor:

Jealousy is indigestion - making everyone your friend is the cure.

You karma is your karma.

Dont do anything seeking a reward, it sounds like you are saying "I did this for 2 weeks with no reward so I quit etc"

Exactly..

Do your karam concentrating on what ur doing rather than focussing on the end point! Karam is soo sensitive like milk - leave it out in the sun it will go bad, put it in wrong pot it will go bad.. focus on that ..

The Phal you get out of it is under Hukam of Akaal Purakh,

Make the world you friend. Once you see them as ur close mates u'll be happy for them :)

jealousy is linked to desires, just kill the desire for everything, be happy with what GOD has given you and you wont feel jealous anymore.

easy to say hard to do but practise makes perfect. pray to guru ji and everything will be ok.

everyone experiences this, just see it as a thought not yourself and ignore it.

take care

Guest shastr
um bascally im feeling really jealous of my fellow peers who hav good results than me although i know and so does God that i worked hard.i know when i was little i had a small problem with jealousy but i tackled that.but i dont want to feel this but i feel so like "he/she does this n that n they got that grade" or "he/she is going to so n so uni but they do this".

i just feel really hurt bcs i worked so hard by this all although i do get to go uni with my friends but not the one i wanted.either way i feel really gulity for having these really petty feelings towards others those who my own friends when i should be happy.but i jsut cant except this and belive that God has done this because i tried so hard.

oh yaar, dont worry. ur not alone. i work hard too, and my grades always suck. no hard feelings. :)

and it doesnt matter where u go to shcool, becuase if you get good grades then you can go to school anywhere, and you will do good. but if you go to a really fancy uni, and still dont get good grades, wats the piont right? as long as ur grades are good, nothing matters. maybe some people say that it looks good when ur trying to get a job, but its all the same. just work hard, and maharaj will take care of the rest .

thanks guys i think after reading all the advice i felt real stupid and childish for feeling jealous because evryone has there times and i no that my friends didnt do well last year and i did and so i should be happy for them.and i really do feel ashamed when i think of this because they are my best friends aswel and i should as was advised make evryone my friend..i think i have accepted what has happend and i remberd a shabad i used to listen to alot called "je gur jhirkey taan mitha laagah..." and it reminded me that i should be happy when i receive pain and be happy if I am blessed.

You karma is your karma.

Exactly..

Do your karam concentrating on what ur doing rather than focussing on the end point! Karam is soo sensitive like milk - leave it out in the sun it will go bad, put it in wrong pot it will go bad.. focus on that ..

The Phal you get out of it is under Hukam of Akaal Purakh,

:WW:

thats a very intrestingg pointt and i never saw it like that thats the advantage of sharing a problem here is that i gain another prespective and one which is of higher understanding and knowledge and maybe that could b my mistake and ill take that on board.