The Best Way For Sikhs In India To Get Thier Message Across

sunnysgrewal

Punjab is the bread basket of India, with a population of over 1 billion people every cubic square foot of food is needed to feed the masses.

Could you imagine how much of a frenzy india would be placed in if Sikhs stopped selling thier food to market, or better yet just started selling directly to Pakistan to give a middle finger to the indian governmet?

Punjab is the bread basket of India, with a population of over 1 billion people every cubic square foot of food is needed to feed the masses.

Could you imagine how much of a frenzy india would be placed in if Sikhs stopped selling thier food to market, or better yet just started selling directly to Pakistan to give a middle finger to the indian governmet?

You should know that Farmers cannot store food more than they need, So another alternative is grow only as much is needed. If they just do this for 2yrs in a row, I bet you Govt will be on it's knees and condition of farmer will dramatically change, Govt will step in to protect the farmers.

Your option 2 selling to market on it's own or to Pakistan. Who will impliment it? You think Indian Govt will allow it?

Few months ago I heard some news that a website was created where farmer can go online and sell out of state, I am sure somone here might be able to put up the link.

But even if that site is working then for poor farmer who will put up the listing on the net? If that site is working model then we should get together and start to donate computers to those villages and make sure you don't send computers from here, get money buy them in India.

Few years ago I sent about 100 of them at somone's request and it was some politician and to this date they are supposingly sitting with the customs and I don't even want to know what happened with them.

Guru Fateh Jio.

You should know that Farmers cannot store food more than they need, So another alternative is grow only as much is needed. If they just do this for 2yrs in a row, I bet you Govt will be on it's knees and condition of farmer will dramatically change, Govt will step in to protect the farmers.

Your option 2 selling to market on it's own or to Pakistan. Who will impliment it? You think Indian Govt will allow it?

Few months ago I heard some news that a website was created where farmer can go online and sell out of state, I am sure somone here might be able to put up the link.

But even if that site is working then for poor farmer who will put up the listing on the net? If that site is working model then we should get together and start to donate computers to those villages and make sure you don't send computers from here, get money buy them in India.

Few years ago I sent about 100 of them at somone's request and it was some politician and to this date they are supposingly sitting with the customs and I don't even want to know what happened with them.

Guru Fateh Jio.

Your idea of growing only enough to feed the farmers is great. But knowing how sikhs operate over in Punjab, I guarantee that the wealthy farmers wouldnt even let a single grain of rice fall into the laps of a poor farmer who needs food. Maybe if the sikhs are able to come together and form a farmer council then it would be a vaible solution.

I guess one thing we can agree on is that the sikhs would have an incredible bargaining chip if they could utilize thier ability to exploit thier position as the dominate growers of food in India.

I am interested in knowing your views on how this would affect Sikhs in other states of India once the media portrays Sikhs as villains who want to starve India to death.

This kind of thinking is excactly what the hindu extremist, anti-sikh and the anti-minority groups in India want you to think. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Sikhs should not be afraid to stand up for thier rights.

Look at the parsi community in India, they number at something like 60, 000 yet they have incredible power because they dominate the Indian economy. The sikhs are in the excact same position as farmers.

I find this a very interesting topic. The whole world is going to suffer from food shortage in the future due to increasing costs of depleting fossil fuels. India will have a MAJOR problem to feed its people. Even the breadbasket of INdia, Punjab, wont be able to feed all.

What farmers in Punjab need to do is to move towards self efficient life and less dependance on industrial agriculture, this will keep them in much better position than other people in India.

Its not about fear. Its about how the media, who is anyways against us, can get back at us if try to get these tyrants on their knees. Yes your ideas can work, and may work very well for a start, but you have to look at all sides before doing anything. I found it terribly shameful when Sikhs in Mumbai had to apologize to thugs like Shiv Sena after the chaos that happened because of Sirse wala dusht. Why? Because the protests took the form of rioting and a number of innocent people were injured. So we have to look at all sides. I am not saying its a bad idea. By all means go for it! But keep in mind what the repurcussions can be. Its one thing to be brave and "chakk" the "phattay", and another to be immature and not foresee the consequences. One of the things they teach you in the army is that if you want to take your enemy down, start thinking like him, and you will find him in front of you.

On another note, by taking this step, won't the Sikhs be indirectly punishing thousands of innocent and starving poor people for no fault of theirs? Will Gurujee, who started Langar to feed the hungry ever forgive those Sikhs who do this? I am interested to know that as well.

I am interested in knowing your views on how this would affect Sikhs in other states of India once the media portrays Sikhs as villains who want to starve India to death.

Mehtab Ji you got a point. Same was done in Khalistan case but that was back then when india thought they can cut Punjab out from the rest of the world.

Farmers are uneducated and youths are hooked on drugs, Thanks to Punjab Police of India. But these very farmers hold lot of power. Crop was delayed just 2 months this year into the market and every sector pancked as crop in market circulates the money and then Bhayia not comming to punjab but going to other industrial states for work.

As result at present Punjab Govt is trying to get in moderen Machinery for farmers after all it's bread and butter of India but they keep it at the point where they don't let this butter melt :) .

Bharti Kisan Union is there to bring awarness in farmers but again top leaders turn politicians and turn their back on farmers.

If Govt can impose delayed planting of Rice and impose fines who plant early then Farmers should have right to grow what ever they feel like. If Farmers get organized and start to plant desi wheat rather than Amercian as production is far less then nobody can say that Sikhs are trying to starve the hindu nation. They are the owner of their land and can do what ever they want.

Also know this Sikhs are not allowed to purchase land in Rajistan and Badal family supposingly a Sikh family, lol. Purchasing lots of land in Rajistan every year, and state of the art irrigation system is in place. Obviously they will be in favor of diverting waters of Punjab to Rajistan by canals. They are getting their share of wealth by kissing Indian Govt's rear.

Punjab's farmer (Sikhs) will starve in future and lots of other evils comming along as Govt is failing to do anything for Punjab, read news on the right on Water Pollution.

Who's looking for the benefit of the farmers of the Punjab? Nobody, and all we can do is type up here and that's the end of the story. But we can change all that by getting organized and let "Singh_Valiance" be the leader in Punjab on this issue and everybody can support him from here.

It's all about action and putting the idea to work, since we are so worried about our fellow Sikh farmers, who might not even be considered Sikh by a lot as these farmers cut their hair and their kids are hooked on doday or fansi.

Who will do the Justice? ONE man force is needed. Body like Sant Bhinderanwale is needed to free punjab from drugs and to bring the revolution.

Guru Fateh Jio.

Its not about fear. Its about how the media, who is anyways against us, can get back at us if try to get these tyrants on their knees. Yes your ideas can work, and may work very well for a start, but you have to look at all sides before doing anything. I found it terribly shameful when Sikhs in Mumbai had to apologize to thugs like Shiv Sena after the chaos that happened because of Sirse wala dusht. Why? Because the protests took the form of rioting and a number of innocent people were injured. So we have to look at all sides. I am not saying its a bad idea. By all means go for it! But keep in mind what the repurcussions can be. Its one thing to be brave and "chakk" the "phattay", and another to be immature and not foresee the consequences. One of the things they teach you in the army is that if you want to take your enemy down, start thinking like him, and you will find him in front of you.

On another note, by taking this step, won't the Sikhs be indirectly punishing thousands of innocent and starving poor people for no fault of theirs? Will Gurujee, who started Langar to feed the hungry ever forgive those Sikhs who do this? I am interested to know that as well.

Iam not saying that sikhs should get together and ransom the entire country, what im saying is that sikhs should reassert themselves by flexing thier arms in a market that they dominate. If sikhs farmers can get to together and create a coalition it will give more national political leverage and also make people think twice before going out on ethnic cleansing sprees. Just threaten to increase the price of produce or change the location of the exports, then we will see if hindu mobs have the courage to rape and pilliage on empty stomachs.

Mehtab Ji you got a point. Same was done in Khalistan case but that was back then when india thought they can cut Punjab out from the rest of the world.

Farmers are uneducated and youths are hooked on drugs, Thanks to Punjab Police of India. But these very farmers hold lot of power. Crop was delayed just 2 months this year into the market and every sector pancked as crop in market circulates the money and then Bhayia not comming to punjab but going to other industrial states for work.

As result at present Punjab Govt is trying to get in moderen Machinery for farmers after all it's bread and butter of India but they keep it at the point where they don't let this butter melt :) .

Bharti Kisan Union is there to bring awarness in farmers but again top leaders turn politicians and turn their back on farmers.

If Govt can impose delayed planting of Rice and impose fines who plant early then Farmers should have right to grow what ever they feel like. If Farmers get organized and start to plant desi wheat rather than Amercian as production is far less then nobody can say that Sikhs are trying to starve the hindu nation. They are the owner of their land and can do what ever they want.

Also know this Sikhs are not allowed to purchase land in Rajistan and Badal family supposingly a Sikh family, lol. Purchasing lots of land in Rajistan every year, and state of the art irrigation system is in place. Obviously they will be in favor of diverting waters of Punjab to Rajistan by canals. They are getting their share of wealth by kissing Indian Govt's rear.

Punjab's farmer (Sikhs) will starve in future and lots of other evils comming along as Govt is failing to do anything for Punjab, read news on the right on Water Pollution.

Who's looking for the benefit of the farmers of the Punjab? Nobody, and all we can do is type up here and that's the end of the story. But we can change all that by getting organized and let "Singh_Valiance" be the leader in Punjab on this issue and everybody can support him from here.

It's all about action and putting the idea to work, since we are so worried about our fellow Sikh farmers, who might not even be considered Sikh by a lot as these farmers cut their hair and their kids are hooked on doday or fansi.

Who will do the Justice? ONE man force is needed. Body like Sant Bhinderanwale is needed to free punjab from drugs and to bring the revolution.

Guru Fateh Jio.

Bhinderanwale has been dead for close to 2 decades, its about time the sikhs of punjab man up and clean up thier act. Our community has a problem of idolizing the leaders of the past without working towards the future. Sikhs need to remove themselves from a postion of followers to individuals, sikhs are stuck in an unfortunate cycle that makes them rally behind single leaders and then they become dissarayed until the next one pops up.

Bhinderanwale has been dead for close to 2 decades, its about time the sikhs of punjab man up and clean up thier act. Our community has a problem of idolizing the leaders of the past without working towards the future. Sikhs need to remove themselves from a postion of followers to individuals, sikhs are stuck in an unfortunate cycle that makes them rally behind single leaders and then they become dissarayed until the next one pops up.

SunnyGrewal I totally agree with you.

But their is a process which needs to be followed. Do you think you can dig out the Sikh youth of Punjab out of drugs and put them in a corner and they will start reading Gurbani in a night?

When you go to Punjab to talk to these people you need to speak their language. Was Sant Ji effictive? YES because he spoke in their language and these farmers are working too hard and have no time for becomming that individual you are talking about. They have become animals working with animals and no support what so ever from the Govt. "They have become animals" and here I am talking about poor Sikh farmers not filthy rich. These farmers can only follow there is no way they can become leaders.

Mehtab Singh "On another note, by taking this step, won't the Sikhs be indirectly punishing thousands of innocent and starving poor people for no fault of theirs? Will Gurujee, who started Langar to feed the hungry ever forgive those Sikhs who do this? I am interested to know that as well"

Those thousands of innocent are the very reason those Anti Sikh Govt's are in place and these are very same people who were involved in 84 Anti Sikh Riots. Sikhs can stand up and act as a result their own condition gets better without doing "Chak De Phatey". Govt of India is holding enough reserve to feed it's population two years of protest can bring Govt of India to it's kness for sure when they will have to open up their own food source for the public. It's a very good system if implemented Govt will answer and will start to care for the Ann Datta of India. This just not include Farmers of Punjab and it goes for the farmers of India regardless their religious backround.

If hindus can have Langars in Mandirs then let's put them to test and let's put the Govt to test if they can come any close to Guru Nanak's Langar. Do you think these farmers are Sikhs? as they are doing some sort of poopy drug or so.

But again all is talk no action, Yes Idea is right here but who is willing to get our smart heads together and put it to work?

It's quite entertaining to type up our ideas and become some sort of self appointed scholar but again it's a Net world :(

How many of us can spare some time and are willing to do something?

Give me the count.

Mehtab Singh and SunnyGrewal are 2 and I'll be the last.

I'll do Guru Fateh If I can have at least 50 reader joining in.