Take At Look At This !

Khalsa Army

[

But thats what you got to get over, you remember our living Guru, Guru Granth Sahib Ji, it has bani from other people from different faiths. i.e. kabir ji, who was a suffi saint, so why can't we accept teachings and katha from other faiths who have knowledge of Sikhi, maybe they could teach us a few things. End of the day we going to be in love of the teachings not from where its come from.

I dont believe in cults so I aint promoting that in any case.

you're missing a crucial point here... everything in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is gurbani. do you give Kabir ji's other writing equal importance? do you read Fareed ji or Bhagat Ravidass ji's other writing to learn how to be Sikhs?

i agree that Guru was incredibly insightful to add the bani of people from different faiths. but when Guru Gobind Singh ji said "Guru Manyo Granth", all of that stopped being different faiths and started being Guru.

basically, what i'm getting at is that i already have a Guru. i don't need another one. :) and i find a lot of these travelling lecturers to be self made godmen trying to gather a following.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[

But thats what you got to get over, you remember our living Guru, Guru Granth Sahib Ji, it has bani from other people from different faiths. i.e. kabir ji, who was a suffi saint, so why can't we accept teachings and katha from other faiths who have knowledge of Sikhi, maybe they could teach us a few things. End of the day we going to be in love of the teachings not from where its come from.

I dont believe in cults so I aint promoting that in any case.

you're missing a crucial point here... everything in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is gurbani. do you give Kabir ji's other writing equal importance? do you read Fareed ji or Bhagat Ravidass ji's other writing to learn how to be Sikhs?

i agree that Guru was incredibly insightful to add the bani of people from different faiths. but when Guru Gobind Singh ji said "Guru Manyo Granth", all of that stopped being different faiths and started being Guru.

basically, what i'm getting at is that i already have a Guru. i don't need another one. :) and i find a lot of these travelling lecturers to be self made godmen trying to gather a following.

I think you have missed my point! What am trying to say if anyone from another faith gives katha on Sikhi(the actual parcharak of gurbani) would it hurt your ears to listen and take the teachings of Gurbani from what they quote, it would not do any harm to me , will it to you?

Is it because you say "I is a sikh" lol (sorry)

Swami Ji spoke at the Barsi of Sant Kartar Singh Ji Bhindranwale and trust me, they are not like Osho.

Anyway, at least hear them once before making irrational judgements.

thanks for this info. he sounds interesting.

i don't think people are making irrational judgments, rather asking why swamis are necessary to teach sikhi. :)

Many of you have heard, listened to and respect Sant Baba Hari Singh Randhave Vale - he has openly done veechaar about this Swami and supports them. His veechaar last night was quite amazing actually. Everyone who walked into that divaan bowed ONLY to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Anyone who has issues with this, can easily take it up with Baba Ji, or can contact Nanaksar Thath for clarification.

I think you have missed my point! What am trying to say if anyone from another faith gives katha on Sikhi(the actual parcharak of gurbani) would it hurt your ears to listen and take the teachings of Gurbani from what they quote, it would not do any harm to me , will it to you?

hey, i'm not stopping anyone. learn gurbani from whatever source you feel comfortable with. :)

um, i have no idea what you're talking about. can you give me some reference to this apparent joke made at my expense?

i didn't mean to insult your swami ji. i certainly didn't insult you. is there any reason to insult your sister in this manner?

hey, i'm not stopping anyone. learn gurbani from whatever source you feel comfortable with. :)

um, i have no idea what you're talking about. can you give me some reference to this apparent joke made at my expense?

i didn't mean to insult your swami ji. i certainly didn't insult you. is there any reason to insult your sister in this manner?

Good, end of the day Gurbani is Gurbani, it wont change because someone else is quoting from it to do katha. Glad to hear it from you.

My swami ji, every person from every faith is dear to me, they are all mine, I see Guru Nanak Dev ji jyot in everyone of us, I have many different friends too, and you are one of them too.

No I meant by that saying is we are no more better sikhs (am quoting myself here, as I am a paapi)than any if we don't give regards to other parcharaks, hence, cos I is a singh! But obviously sister your avastha and your sikhi is the highest, so bhul chuk maaf. I just wanted to put it in short, but jokingly format, but sorry if it came out as if it was an insult.

No I meant by that saying is we are no more better sikhs than any if we don't give regards to other parcharaks, hence, cos I is a singh! But obviously sister your avastha and your sikhi is the highest, so bhul chuk maaf.

is it necessary to end every post with a shot at me?

please don't say these things. i'm nothing. a dog. an insect. a worm. i know i am filled with vikars, please don't pretend otherwise.

No I meant by that saying is we are no more better sikhs than any if we don't give regards to other parcharaks, hence, cos I is a singh! But obviously sister your avastha and your sikhi is the highest, so bhul chuk maaf.

is it necessary to end every post with a shot at me?

please don't say these things. i'm nothing. a dog. an insect. a worm. i know i am filled with vikars, please don't pretend otherwise.

No there is no excuse to have any shot at you phenji..Phenji Koi gal "insult" dhi nehi he! You are sikh of Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji, a kaur (princess). I humbly apologise to you and for insulting your intelligence, if you deemed it to be. Guru Rakha :TH: