• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Greetings

"gold gold ! always believe in your soul ...." :wub:

It seems I have caused much confusion, let me clarify myself

Having briefly read through the posts on this topic, posts such as maya, whats the need, its good, shardha etc ...

All I am trying to say is would we have the same views if members of other faiths did the same, i think not , i think there would be posts with negative views.

From reading through this forum, Hindus = bad, Muslims = bad ....

There seems to be a lot of fanaticism brewing amongst youth in this forum

However, all this is my opinion, i can be wrong also, apologies for the confusion, and apologies in advance, didnt mean to offend anyone,

Regards

Dilrubarb

Anyway, i think its a briliant idea to have a Lareevar Saroop of guru granth sahib jee handwritten in gold. Whats wrong with it, think about it, alot of thought and effort and satkaar must go into doing the seva, and if a puuran mahapurkh started the seva whose avastha was amasing then i dont see why we (myself) who have no much kamai to ponder over it.

Whats the big deal?

Satguru jees shastar are from gold,

Maharaj jees clothes had gold on,

Sri darbaar Sahib is made of Gold

Whats the big issue?

Ones satkaar for his guru is different for another. Baba Jee were an amasing gursikh with immense kamai, maybe the way they looked at maharaj jee and there relationship with maharaj jee was totally different to the way we see maharaj jee and our relationship... Has anyone been to the astaan in smethwick and seen the satkaar and sharda ansaar seva done? lareevaar saroop sarbloh bibek, puratan maryada. we as normal human beings can never understand.

(Jasleen k ji, please do not play devil's advocate on this one - consider instead from Sangat 'what is maya' if that is where your confusion is. Please check definition of maya on Sikhwiki).

It is not bowing to maya.

Gold is beautiful and herein lies its merits (okay its also an excellent conductor of electric current for those of you physics boffs). The GGS's lettering in gold would be a beautiful, technically demanding and artistic work - the best for our Maharaj.

It is not maya because anyone will see what a brilliant work that it will be - it is real and its appreciation is real - not an illusion (maya). Pity upon those who fail to see the beauty of nature and the beauty created by mankind.

(Jasleen k ji, please do not play devil's advocate on this one - consider instead from Sangat 'what is maya' if that is where your confusion is. Please check definition of maya on Sikhwiki).

sikhiwiki? seriously? sorry, it's not my idea of a reliable source. :)

i can tell you what maya is. maya is everything other than Waheguru. maya is a curtain of illusion that separates us from the infinite. maya is anything that encourages duality and distances us from God.

:)

if everyone thinks a gold bir is a good thing, that's fine. i was just wondering "why". i guess i should take answers from gurbani rather than men. :)

rqn pdwrQ mwxkw suienw rupw Kwku ]

rathan padhaarathh maanakaa sueinaa rupaa khaak ||

Jewels, treasures, pearls, gold and silver-all these are just dust.

:)

with regards to the right honourable ladie's post above Jasleen k

why make a bir out of gold script ?

why laden the sri adh granth sahib with the finest silk ?

why have a golden temple ?

also you seem to insert a smiley after a strong statement as if that makes it okay

so have u ever wondered 'why' about the questions raised above ? :)

i think you are trying to solve a problem which doesnt exist

kindest regards

Dilrubarb

P.S I apologise if the tone of my post seems strong, i do not wish to offend you or anyone else on this forum, i do not have the intellectuality to phrase the above in a 'nicer' way, forgive me ...

We buy the best we can for our loved ones - the best clothes we can afford for our children etc etc.

But when it comes to Guru Ji, who gave you everything, then the money is better spent 'feeding the poor'. :homer

There's no rational explanation for things done out of pyaar.......

with regards to the right honourable ladie's post above Jasleen k

why make a bir out of gold script ?

why laden the sri adh granth sahib with the finest silk ?

why have a golden temple ?

also you seem to insert a smiley after a strong statement as if that makes it okay

so have u ever wondered 'why' about the questions raised above ? :)

i think you are trying to solve a problem which doesnt exist

actually, i'm not trying to solve any problem at all. i just wondered why. are we allowed to question things in sikhi? as long as i don't question my guru, i mean. :) (sorry, the smilies are to show a light-hearted tone, so people don't take everything so seriously!)

why have a golden temple? i've wondered it many times. Guru ji didn't make it gold... a repentant king did it to give honour to his Guru. and that's ok with me.

why cover Guru ji in sumptuous cloth? because it's our Guru. easy enough.

but why remake Guru ji's body in gold, when he himself didn't do it? Guru Gobind Singh ji, Guru Arjan Sahib, either one could have used gold to make Adi Granth, but they did not. the whole reason we have Guru ji in the form of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is so that we can commune with him, learn his teachings, listen to his hukam. and who's going to read the golden bir? certainly not lowly creatures like me or you. so if only special people can handle this bir, won't that create huge issues of ego?

nevermind, i'm loosing my train of thought.

i'm not saying it's wrong. i'm just asking why. which i believe is my right as a sikh(student). :) (once again, smiley is to show light-hearted tone)

But when it comes to Guru Ji, who gave you everything, then the money is better spent 'feeding the poor'. :homer

if that's what my guru ji tells me to do, then why not? there's no reason to hit yourself in the head over hukam. :)