Gold?

jasleen k

ok, i'm sorry to have come across as though i were questioning the devotion of a great soul.

you can close the thread if you want. i guess all the answers are here.

Perhaps I should've worded my last sentence in a different way. My intention was not to offend you. :)

Once a rich man brought a present for Bhagat Kabeer ji. It was a scissor which was embroidered with diamond. Kabeer ji aptly refused to accept his gift and said, "My work is not to cut things, I am here to join hearts. If you wish to give me a present then bring me a needle which i can use to sew hearts torn from the beloved".

Gifts and offering for a Master require thoughtful motives and they can only be fully known by the person giving and by the one who receives it.

i'm not offended, veerji. :) i actually should thank you for bringing some light into this thread.

i really really love your signature, by the way. rumi is a favorite of mine.. :)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok, i'm sorry to have come across as though i were questioning the devotion of a great soul.

you can close the thread if you want. i guess all the answers are here.

Perhaps I should've worded my last sentence in a different way. My intention was not to offend you. :)

Once a rich man brought a present for Bhagat Kabeer ji. It was a scissor which was embroidered with diamond. Kabeer ji aptly refused to accept his gift and said, "My work is not to cut things, I am here to join hearts. If you wish to give me a present then bring me a needle which i can use to sew hearts torn from the beloved".

Gifts and offering for a Master require thoughtful motives and they can only be fully known by the person giving and by the one who receives it.

i'm not offended, veerji. :) i actually should thank you for bringing some light into this thread.

i really really love your signature, by the way. rumi is a favorite of mine.. :)

" Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,

there is a field. I'll meet you there.........

-rumi- "

then let us meet there. :)

Who is rumi? :umm:

rumi was a persian poet from the 1300s. we'd probably call him a sufi. certainly a bhagat. he wrote about love- both human and divine. he wrote about mysticism and bhakti in a way that people could understand. he probably inspired most of the famous punjabi sufi poets who came after him (bulleh shah, waris shah, sheik fareed...).

his poetry describes transcending religious boundries through love of, and immersion in the divine. (sound familiar?)

my words cannot do him justice.

I searched for God among the Christians and on the Cross and therein I found Him not.

I went into the ancient temples of idolatry; no trace of Him was there.

I entered the mountain cave of Hira and then went as far as Qandhar but God I found not.

With set purpose I fared to the summit of Mount Caucasus and found there only 'anqa's habitation.

Then I directed my search to the Kaaba, the resort of old and young; God was not there even.

Turning to philosophy I inquired about him from ibn Sina but found Him not within his range.

I fared then to the scene of the Prophet's experience of a great divine manifestation only a 'two bow-lengths' distance from him' but God was not there even in that exalted court.

Finally, I looked into my own heart and there I saw Him; He was nowhere else.

Who is rumi? :umm:

A madman who whirled his way to the field beyond duality and died in the love of his supreme prophet in the 13th century.

http://www.khamush.com/

http://download.publicradio.org/podcast/sp...071213_rumi.mp3

your description is better than mine... fewer words with more meaning. :)