Any Linux Fans Out There !11

hellosingh

yo all

is there any sangat out there that use linux

if so what u guys and girls think of it ?

and also what linux operating system are u using ?

at the moment i am using ubuntu which is not bad as u can use it live from cd.

so come on there must be some sangat that use linux

p.s if you do use linux what cool stuff have u done with it, most people think it boring, maybe because

every1 using windows

peace out

...just woke up -- can't write the whole biography here. ^^

I've been using this badboy for a long period of time. From Slackware based distros to Gentoo based distros and Debian, too -- I've used and played with a lot of distros, the list is too long to name here.

Right now, my primary distro is Debian Etch -- had Dreamlinux on it as well a few weeks ago -- had to remove it for a beta test version.

Ubuntu? :p well i personally don't use it anymore, also test it. The last time I used this was last year for about two months. As my friend says, "Ubuntu is another for for break it and fix it". :lol:

I'd recommend you to check on the Linux-hardcore.com forums and Dreamlinuxforums.org -- lots of cool stuff is plugged on there in easy to read formats. Though, ubuntu should have some cool tricks on their forums, too.

Linux-hardcore and Dreamlinux forums are both Debian based, so you shouldn't run into a lot of problems. ;)

WJKK WJKF

Ive grown up using Windows all my life, but as of late i have setup a dual boot with Ubuntu. So far so good to be honest, however i still alot to learn.

Finding programs that do what i want is the difficult part... all part of the discovery i suppose.

WJKK WJKF

sourceforge.net is my best friend. :D

Want to know everything about linux?

Please take a look at the following threads of our Indian Overclocking community site.

It should answer most of your questions.

Things to know before using Linux

CompIZ

Mandriva-2008-1-spring-edition

All credits go to Darkstar, who created these helpful articles.

Now dont go all wow, linux can do that with compiz etc, well it can, but its not really as easy as you may think of it to be.

I tried ubuntu on vmware, was ok....not too exciting.

The worst part was, when I tried a native install (fresh install) of ubuntu, the geforce 8600 drivers gave me some issues, you see its just not as simple as double clicking and installing drivers..lol..its complicated...and it can get very complicated. In my case the drivers had to be recompiled...a lot of command line entries like MS dos...so I put it on hold.

But feel free to try it.

I use Tiny Vista rev 02 and Xp sp3...however I hardly use xp nowadays.

Vista ftw, personal preferance I guess.

VJKK VJKF

Want to know everything about linux?

Please take a look at the following threads of our Indian Overclocking community site.

It should answer most of your questions.

Things to know before using Linux

CompIZ

Mandriva-2008-1-spring-edition

Hmm... those articles do not tell everything about Linux, nor does it cover the whole general aspect of it. But it's a guide nevertheless catered for some people, to get an understanding of Linux. However, there were some minor noticeable flaws in it, too.

Now dont go all wow, linux can do that with compiz etc, well it can, but its not really as easy as you may think of it to be.

Well, it's much easier nowadays then when it was first launched. Many Distros are now coming with it as pre-installed. So are the drivers for various video cards, automatic installation, etc. But ofcourse, not all graphic cards have been supported successfully yet, mainly the new high-end graphics cards. This is seem as a problem mainly for the folk who dual boot with another OS to run applications which require a high-end graphics card.

I had a similar problem with my wireless adapter which is built in, i found a way to get it to work (only with unsecure connections... not ideal and also had to disable wireless in bios) however i couldnt save that setup for everytime i restarted and had to go back into Terminal and type the 100 commands all over again (exaggeration). Also i wanted it to dual boot with Vista but had to always go back into bios to re-enable wireless. It really annoyed me... so i jus purchased a usb wireless adapter which is compatible. However im still left with the issue with having to disable wireless which is probably the reason for why i havent logged into the Ubuntu partition in a while :/

WJKK WJKF