Hukamnama Ji

jasleen k

today i was upset. i was arguing with someone i respect. i was having tension with friends. i was filled with gussa. it's hard for me, krodh is my number one vikkar, it drags me everywhere.

i saw "Divided we Fall", and it made me sad, and angry, to see how people treat their fellow human beings. i still have it turning through my mind. photos of those beaten or murdered for the crime of wearing a turban. it makes me want to wear a bigger turban. :) but it also makes me uneasy.

i am tired of the fire of anger burning inside me. so i did ardas. i cried. i took a hukamnama before i did sukhasan. this is what it said:

ਦੇਵਗੰਧਾਰੀ ੫ ॥

Dayv-Gandhaaree, Fifth Mehl:

ਸੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਜਤ ਕਤ ਪੇਖਿਓ ਨੈਣੀ ॥

I have seen that God with my eyes everywhere.

ਸੁਖਦਾਈ ਜੀਅਨ ਕੋ ਦਾਤਾ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਜਾ ਕੀ ਬੈਣੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

The Giver of peace, the Giver of souls, His Speech is Ambrosial Nectar. ||1||Pause||

ਅਗਿਆਨੁ ਅਧੇਰਾ ਸੰਤੀ ਕਾਟਿਆ ਜੀਅ ਦਾਨੁ ਗੁਰ ਦੈਣੀ ॥

The Saints dispel the darkness of ignorance; the Guru is the Giver of the gift of life.

ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਿ ਲੀਨੋ ਅਪੁਨਾ ਜਲਤੇ ਸੀਤਲ ਹੋਣੀ ॥੧॥

Granting His Grace, the Lord has made me His own; I was on fire, but now I am cooled. ||1||

ਕਰਮੁ ਧਰਮੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਉਪਜਿ ਨ ਆਇਓ ਨਹ ਉਪਜੀ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਕਰਣੀ ॥

The karma of good deeds, and the Dharma of righteous faith, have not been produced in me, in the least; nor has pure conduct welled up in me.

ਛਾਡਿ ਸਿਆਨਪ ਸੰਜਮ ਨਾਨਕ ਲਾਗੋ ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਚਰਣੀ ॥੨॥੯॥

Renouncing cleverness and self-mortification, O Nanak, I fall at the Guru's feet. ||2||9||

sometimes Guru ji hits us over the head with a sledge hammer when we're not paying attention. this is one of those times.

please post hukamnamae that have touched or shocked or amazed or comforted you. :)

guru ji is always speaking through our heart, as long as we dont let our mind interfere, by remmembering GOd, practicing what gurbani tells us, doing truthful deeds and become one with the heart, we will stay under the hukam.

the hukam is to follow your inner guru not your mind. the hukam is in you all the time, we just need to feel it, understand it and then follow it

guru ji is always speaking through our heart, as long as we dont let our mind interfere, by remmembering GOd, practicing what gurbani tells us, doing truthful deeds and become one with the heart, we will stay under the hukam.

the hukam is to follow your inner guru not your mind. the hukam is in you all the time, we just need to feel it, understand it and then follow it

:BOW:

beautiful.

peace.

:whs:

guruji also speaks to us through gurbani, through his rehet, and through his khalsa panth.

following the "hukam of your inner guru" to the exclusion of these sounds kind of like manmat.

guruji also speaks to us through gurbani, through his rehet, and through his khalsa panth.

following the "hukam of your inner guru" to the exclusion of these sounds kind of like manmat.

its easy to spot the difference between manmat and gurmat.