Adopting Orphans

xHarinder_singh

I was kind of wondering why dont the rich sikh families adopt the orphans of the jujharoo shaheed singhs. Isnt it a shame that the kids of the singhs who laid their life for the panth are living in orphanages. There are so many NRI singhs and there are lots of rich singhs in India too.

there seems to be a common theory among many punjabis i have talked to, that it is not "worth it" to adopt orphans, because they will feel no need to care for you in your old age, and will leave you.

somehow, i think this is an excuse. if you raise a child with love, obviously they will love you in return. my mom was adopted, so was her mom and her dad, and so was her grandmother. everyone of them loved their parents as if they were their birth parents. so from first hand experience. i think this is a weak excuse.

anyway, whenever i have discussed this topic, that's basically the answer i get. they say moms don't love adopted kids (a lie), and that adopted kids don't love their adoptive parents (another lie).

i wonder what the real reason is behind adoption being so unpopular?

obviously this is a topic which is close to my heart, so i'd love to hear other people's thoughts...

I promised myself that I would STRIVE to adopt at LEAST one orphan child....we all should...if not adoption then definately fostering.... I know it seems a lil easy to say, but think about it....You're bringing love, education even a home to a child...what could be wrong in it? Have you ever looked into an orphans eyes and seen that gaze they give you? If you had, you wouldn't think twice about it. :)

I promised myself that I would STRIVE to adopt at LEAST one orphan child....we all should...if not adoption then definately fostering.... I know it seems a lil easy to say, but think about it....You're bringing love, education even a home to a child...what could be wrong in it? Have you ever looked into an orphans eyes and seen that gaze they give you? If you had, you wouldn't think twice about it. :)

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ke fateh

vahegurooooo :'(

i want to adopt a child when im older to

im a bit young to do it now lol

but yeh when im older

children are just sooo amazing, i dont know y anyone would want to give their child up and put them in a orphanage

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ke fateh

you guys rock!

i'd guess that most kids who are in orphanage are not there because someone gave them up, but because someone died. OR because someone was not ready or able to care for a child and did not want to have an abortion. so it's better not to worry about why the kids are there, but instead realize they need US to help them. :)

idk............

bt the common response when our elder s hear abt someone adopting a kid is " they cant hav a kid ..hence they adopted that kid!"

well im pro adoption cz wats the harm in sharing your happiness with a child who doesnt hav any happiness in his/her life? some ppl say yu gtta be rich to do so ... ( i laugh at em ) cz u dnt need alot of money to make a child happy just gtta put in the efforts............. there ar so many kids ( meaning children of the shaheed singhs) who deserve the same kind of lifestyle that we v got here ( and take for granted of course!) for example: great education,oppurtunities to earn some pocket money,awesome libraries,ways to accomplish ur dreams etc etc and honestly they deserve more than us cz their parents sacrificed so much for khalsa panth... cnt we do something for them?............

other than just build foundation stones and leave those projects uncompleted? and those who are trying to make lives better for these children ar being mocked at and their projects being disrupted an so on.........

i am adopting 2 kids.. ( i mean i had made up my mind before a long time before! bt my best frnd said i was crazy to think like this <_< ....... so yea i gt discouraged bt i am adopting 2 kids....)

I also wish to adopt a child if i get married in this life and I wish to adopt a girl child as I feel in places like India the girl orphans go through lots of exploitation. Most of the people working in orphanages are just doing it as a job, very few people who do selfless seva. I recently did darshan of young baby orphan girl who is just 4 years old and wears a dastaar. She had Sri Japji Sahib kanthh. I felt like CRYING seeing her. I WANNA ADOPT HER AND RAISE HER UP LIKE A PRINCESS.

even if you can't adopt now, you can donate or do seva for the Sikh Orphan Fund (part of Bhai Fauja Singh charitable trust).

http://www.sikhorphanfund.org/html/home.php

everyone i have met who has done seva there (they have a school at harimandir sahib) has been SO impressed with the kids. they do amritvela panj bania nitnem and naam simran, they do a full day of school work, plus seva, plus lots of sikhi education, plus more banis... seriously impressive kids! :)