U.s Armed Forces

adina

gur fateh jio!

as usual i get some weirdo thought when im driving around........

just a thought

wat do u all think about gursikhs (amritdhari sikhs) joining the u.s air force,u.s navy,u.s marine corps or the u.s army? :gg:

i mean with the law passed which doesnt allow turbaned singhs to fight at the frontlines ( they can serve but not active duty)

so i just wanted to knw how u guys felt about this topic

gur fateh ji !

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why does it matter adina? its not like anybody's gonna change ur mind on here? y u asking?

u think too much, and talk even more

um shashtr ji !

i asked for the thoughts not for feedback or advice that ll change my mind about something ( or this topic...)

and why u always harping around about how much i talk ? <_< i m curious for god s sake! it s not a crime to talk as long as u are thinking before u speak !

lol

sorry if i sounded mean veer ji !

veer ji? awwwwwwwwwwww

thats the frist time u ever called me veer ji. pshh too bad i deleted aim

lol..........

u ar my bro dude........

and why u sorry u deleted aim?

i mean WHY did u?

lol. talk about going totally off topic, but its ok.

like you know wat i always be telling u to do? well yea, mines are not comeing along so good, and aim was not helping the situation either. and u knew i was gonna do it anyways, just a matter of time. so yea, this morning, i was like, screw this crap!

lol. talk about going totally off topic, but its ok.

like you know wat i always be telling u to do? well yea, mines are not comeing along so good, and aim was not helping the situation either. and u knew i was gonna do it anyways, just a matter of time. so yea, this morning, i was like, screw this crap!

lol......... yea we ar so off topic

bt yea way to go dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

proud of u brother :)

gur fateh jio!

as usual i get some weirdo thought when im driving around........

just a thought

wat do u all think about gursikhs (amritdhari sikhs) joining the u.s air force,u.s navy,u.s marine corps or the u.s army? :gg:

i mean with the law passed which doesnt allow turbaned singhs to fight at the frontlines ( they can serve but not active duty)

so i just wanted to knw how u guys felt about this topic

gur fateh ji !

i have a gursikh friend who is a doctor in the US Army. he's the first turbaned sikh who was allowed to enlist since the law changed in the '80s. they made an exception specifically because he was studying medicine.

i think the reason you don't see gursikhs pushing for a change in this, is that most sikhs in america are well educated and would be in support positions anyway. indians are the best educated (and wealthiest) ethnic group in america. you'll see very few indians (regardless of religion) on the frontline, most will be in the back- doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc.

the main exception i think we need to look into is chaplains. there are currently NO sikh chaplains in the US armed forces. jewish and muslim chaplains have an exemptions for beards, native american chaplains have exemptions for long hair, so i think it should be allowed for sikh chaplains to keep turban and beard. and chaplains are allowed in frontline units.

but i guess if there are no sikh soldiers, there's no need for sikh chaplains, right? :S