Amritvela

Guest _~singh~_

Guest _~singh~_

What is the ideal time to wake up for amritvela?

ive asked amritdharis and they dont tell me what time they wake up! like its a secret or something lol.........all i want is guidance and when i turn to some amritdharis they just shut me out! LOL.

Amrit Vela starts when the world is sleeping meaning that there are no loud noises outside compared to the daytime...

Now some Nihangs wake up at 12:00 am, take a bath, and do nitnem and naam simran...

So Amrit Vela is a Vela when the whole Sansaar seems like it doesn't even exist because it's so quiet and peaceful and it's only you and god or the Saadh Sangat, you and god...

So Amrit Vela is a Vela when the whole Sansaar seems like it doesn't even exist because it's so quiet and peaceful and it's only you and god or the Saadh Sangat, you and god...

beautiful description. :)

i think midnight-5 is a commonly accepted window for amrit vela. some people lean to the midnight side, others to the 5am side. :) technically i think it's the "hours before dawn", so it might change with the seasons or depending on who you are and where in the world you live.

i wonder when they do amrit vela in alaska in summer when the sun never sets? :gg:

Amrit Vela starts when the world is sleeping meaning that there are no loud noises outside compared to the daytime...

how can the world be sleeping, because if it is 2 in the morning in england then the whole of america would be awake at that time LOL :6

how can the world be sleeping, because if it is 2 in the morning in england then the whole of america would be awake at that time LOL :6

I don't think you are so dull to not understand what I've meant...Anyways since some people might need clarifications:

..."The PART of the world you live in"... :)

interestingly if you look at the raags in Guru Granth Sahib, there is no raag that is supposed to be sung form 12 am to 3 am - i guess that's when we should be sleeping :p

interesting...thank you :)

What is the ideal time to wake up for amritvela?

ive asked amritdharis and they dont tell me what time they wake up! like its a secret or something lol.........all i want is guidance and when i turn to some amritdharis they just shut me out! LOL.

For me personally amritvela is 3 hours BEFORE SUNRISE. In summers, when the sunrise happens at around 5.20 am, I get at around 1.30 am and do my amritvela from 2.20-5.20.

In winters, at my place sunrise happens at around 7.15 am. I get up around 2 am and do my amritvela from 3-6.

So, basically for me amritvela is the time 3 hourse before sunrise and this 3 hours shud come between 12 hours from the previous day's sunset.